Airbnb percentage for Plus/ Plus Hosts Experiences

So we are stalling with Plus, for many reasons. We offered Airbnb lots of feedback, some of which they’ve responded to, so are considering the possibility of trying again. We’d love to hear how it’s going for folks… A couple of specific questions, which We’d LOVE to know the answer to, before deciding are: How much more money does AirBnb take out? Did you raise your rates? Thanks in advance!!!

Another question: Are you allowed to dictate your own photos?

No you can’t…

I am hoping as rayodie that the reins have been loosened. Are you in the program?

Have no clue what a rayodie is @JaneB.

No I didn’t join because I don’t like how it works including not being able to chose my own photography.

The name of the OP of the thread

1 Like

First I’ll say there are a number of topics that describe the process and challenges w ABNBplus; a few I’ve listed below you might want to review.

With that said, since going Plus in October I’ve increased my pricing 10-15% and seen increased bookings (as compared to the same months in the prior year). So far, it has been very beneficial for me. I do not think that the guests pay a higher service fee for Plus listings but I do not know that for sure.

Plus has become slightly more flexible in allowing host taken photos as long as they follow Plus guidelines. But it is still a long and cumbersome process.

1 Like

Thanks for linking those prior threads.

1 Like

I remember your previous threads on Plus, and they were interesting to a good degree.

I was invited to go through the process in mid Oct, was inspected etc, asked to “fix” bits, did so but other stuff took over, and I have been less than diligent in following up until last weekend. In the meantime, my other listing in our B&B was also asked to join.

I went through the final palaver, only to find, right at the very end that I either have to be 24 hour “building staff” or do lockbox/keypad entry. Why did they ask me in the first place? This is my home and I don’t do self check in etc etc. This is a family run B&B ffs, not a corporate entity!

As for the photos? Rubbish; not even cold or impersonal, just crap. Poorly composed, badly lit, and nothing like the professional ones Air commissioned and paid for in June '17 when we first listed. I emailed the Plus email-address to say I was opting out because of the safety-in-my-own-home-issues about five days ago but no reply.

'Nuff said, and time for bed.

2 Likes

DUHHH :frowning: :slight_smile:

Also, I have a couple of questions about quality control / vetting. I mean, Airbnb canceled on us at the literal last minute—twice, after we killed

ourselves painting, repairing dings, dressing wires and generally sprucing things up. Then we came across this Plus listing. I don’t get it.

Rayodie is the originator of this thread…

Bloody hell! How on earth did that/they get through? Appalling.

I posted some negative thoughts just after our so called inspection in October, namely how brusquely fast the process had been. I compared it with the earlier photographer when we first listed, who involved me so closely, I felt like The Photographer’s Assistant, running around turning lights on/off and carrying his stuff for him. When the Plus fixes and photos came through, it was clear that the chap really didn’t give a toss, was just in it for the money/work and doing it as quickly as possible. Some of the so called fixes were simply carelessness on his part, or to prove he had “inspected”; all he had to do was ask me.

I feel like the whole process has been a complete waste of my time. I sense that folk behind the scenes have also lost interest.

I know now KCC pointed that out to me earlier on the thread :slight_smile:

It’s a good question. From my humble opinion the main benefit of being PLus is the push up you get in exposure. Airbnb helps guests reach Plus listings first and there aren’t too many yet, thus you can see there is an increment on the views per day/week you have.

Still, by talking with Plus hosts (I was invited to join but I didn’t do it), they told me their rates haven’t change since they join. It makes me thinks that despite you get more views, your conversion rate stays similar and my first though about this is due to the how is design the new listing itself, specially for the pictures which is what guests value most when they are searching a place. Airbnb standards to take a picture are quite cuestionable from my opinion. Same high, weird focal angles, lighting issues, definition issues and everythign is done in quick/rushed 60 minutes photo session. I have seen the before and after and the before(old pictures) was much better in many cases.

1 Like