Unpaid bookings

Maybe I’m jaded but this sounds pretty fishy …

What country are you in?

What is your listing?

Try the advice from @LiveOakVineyard:

1. Delete your payout Info
  2. Log out
  3. Log in
  4. Enter new payout info - and MAKE SURE it is correct

My property is at Dominican Republic, I have been renting it on Airbnb for 12 months now. My listing is /h/apartment-full-equipped-santo-domingo (write Airbnb dot com first)

Why those steps deleting my payment method if the Airbnb support is seeing my case and they say that my payment should be sent? The question is why Airbnb is delaying my payout so long, more than 12 days now.

You have someone staying who has not even paid AirBnb? Get them out now, this will not get better only worse. How could this happen? Is there any email, indication anywhere that Air has not been paid by guest?

Oh my

RR

Look if you TRUST airbnb after they have continued to screw you, over and over, then there is no use asking us for advice.

You claim to work in IT. I spent 25 YEARS in IT. Sometimes, to fix things that are broken we actually must “try this” or “try that”. It is what it is.

Clearly, airbnb is NOT being very helpful. We are not airbnb - we are independent hosts. But some of us are really experienced and have HAD ISSUES LIKE YOURS.

You can TRY the suggestion. It MIGHT fix things. It WORKED for another host here. He is FAR more experienced so why not try it?

Or … you can hope that airbnb will do their jobs.

Good luck.

That said the Airbnb support, that there was a problem collecting the full payment from the guest, but that don’t worry, that I should have my full payment soon (and still waiting after 12 days).

I just was curious, for that my question (check the ? at the end) but in your answer you are basically saying that the payment system is automatically and that with a “restart” could work again, I can understand that.

So, my default payout method is Wester Union; I also have PayPal but I removed it right now; I can’t remove Wester Union, just update the minimum payout amount and I did it.

I also removed all my Payment Method as guests. Let’s sign out and sign in again, so the “restart” should be completed!

Sounds like airbnb is screwing you - big time. You should have gotten full payment the day after they checked-in - usually late afternoon or early evening.

If you allow the guest to stay this will not get better.

In the future, make sure there are NO PAYMENT ISSUES - BEFORE a guest checks-in. If there is any payment issue then do NOT ALLOW a guest to check-in. Period.

Good luck - let us know how it turns out.

How I will know? I have 12 months renting on Airbnb as host and always the same procedure as this case, just that in this time they didn’t sent the payout on time and when I asked them, I got that answer.

The only way that I could know if the guest payment was ok, is asking to Airbnb before they checking, but I don’t trust really that version of Airbnb. Maybe tomorrow I will ask the guest if there was some issue with the payment to Airbnb.

1 Like

If I get paid! the payment is sent 24 hours after the guest checks in. It is not possible to know if there is a payment issue before the guest checks in.

2 Likes

I agree. How would you know? Airbnb doesn’t tell you anything about a guest’s payment status before check-in. Only after you don’t get your payment notification the day after check-in, you can ask, then you would have to evict your guests for non-payment, and if you ask Airbnb, they will tell you not to because they will pay you, which is total bullsh*t. They should cancel any reservation that is not paid in full by the guest at least 24 hours before check-in, and same-day bookings should clear instantly before they are confirmed.

I know that if this happened to me, I would evaluate what the remainder of the reservation would cost me compared to my cancellation penalty. If the cancellation penalty was lower, I would demand Airbnb’s guarantee in writing that I would be paid in full or else I would cancel the reservation and evict the guests.

3 Likes

It’s Airbnb who aren’t paying.
Not the guests.

That may be in your case, but sometimes, Airbnb doesn’t pay hosts when they don’t receive the payment from the guest. I don’t know what the circumstances are, but in the cases I’ve read about, it seems to happen when the guests are not from Canada, US, or Western Europe and they are also not from the same country as the host.

1 Like

Airbnb accepts that they have the money.

In my case, my guest is from Germany. Anyway as you said before, Airbnb should cancel the reservation before the check-in if the guest payment failed, if not, this is an Airbnb issue.

It’s an Airbnb issue.

They have made 1 random payout today.
6 remain unpaid.

Perhaps I should write to the guests who’s money I never received, asking them to contact Airbnb and ask them what they have done with their money?

@Rosie1 Not a half bad idea. “The host I stayed with back in August informs me that she has never been paid for my stay, although the money was definitely charged to my credit card. Why have you not released my payment to her? If Airbnb charges the guests, but keeps the money and doesn’t pay their hosts, I won’t be using Airbnb for my future travels.”

1 Like

The guests won’t be happy about being ripped off either I don’t suppose!

1 Like

Yes. A payment issue relating to a specific guest is not uncommon, from what I’ve seen on here, but multiple issues are very rare. Anyway, I’m sure the OP will keep us updated.

JF

1 Like