Unpaid bookings

JohnF What are you finding so hard to believe? They have messed up big time obviously.

And how is one to know this???

3 Likes

You can’t know this in advance.

1 Like

On my computer when I look at the booking I can see a “Transaction History” link on the booking. It should show whether guest has fully paid. It will also show when your payout is sent, and the amounts.

It’s not a problem with the guest having not paid.
My guests have paid.
It’s Airbnb who won’t make the payouts :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

I saw that too, in future payout I can see it that was supposed to be sent in Dec. 23.

1 Like

@herohat

Actually, I assure you it is possible. I did exactly this only a week ago. I called airbnb, to validate payment for our New Years Eve guest, 1 night. A young man and his girlfriend. He is 22 and she is 20.

They confirmed that they had already charged the customer on their end at time of booking, and were holding it.

If air told me they had payment issues, I would not allow them to check-in, unless they were resolved 100% beforehand.

If there had been an issue and air asked me to “trust them” or gave me pushback, I would tell them “our policy is to only allow guests to check in with validated payment”.

j.

2 Likes

I thought I read that if there was a payment issue ahead of a reservation it would show up a different color on the calendar? It stands out and when you dig into it you can see its not paid. There was a recent post about it i think.

RR

1 Like

That sound like you is cancelling a reservation that is confirmed, and if you do that, Airbnb should take action against you.

For me, that don’t have sense, Airbnb has the responsibility for the guests payment and and they just let me know if the reservation is confirmed “paid” or not.

For me, this tip complicated the issue. I followed it and after added again my payout method (Western Union), its status is pending and a warning say that could take up 5 days to become validate.

Cancelling is very different. Every business is entitled to have POLICIES.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect and demand that the BOOKING COMPANY has validated a customers payment BEFORE they move into your property.

If I understand your situation correctly it is that the Guest has not Paid Airbnb

This is very different from “airbnb has your money and is having issues paying you”.

If airbnb will not Guarantee your payment IN WRITING - regardless of getting money from the Guest - then the Guest needs to leave - TODAY.

Call airbnb, get a SUPERVISOR and put your foot down. We hope it works out for you!

1 Like

Stop being stupid. Suggesting folks call up Airbnb and validate every guest would come under the “dumbest host request”, if we had one.

Honestly…

JF

3 Likes

Not really, it is some complicate to explain, let me copy here (because I can’t attached print scream) the two version that Airbnb support give me when I asked about my payout.

Version 1: Dec. 24

Thanks for waiting!

I truly appreciate that you have contacted Airbnb in order to report this issue. We have already identified the issue which has impacted many host and our team is working and the issue should be fixed soon.

Once the issue is fixed the payout will be automatically released from our end.

Please be assured that the issue should be fixed soon.

Also, as a small goodwill gesture I would like to offer you a coupon of $25.00 which can be applied to your future reservations without any minimum trip cost. Also I have made sure that the coupon is active for next 1 year and you have enough time to utilize.

Your coupon code is: XXXXXXX

This $25.00 coupon expires 2020-12-24 and is good for a single use on a Homes reservation on Airbnb. It can’t be combined with any other offers or used for previous or existing reservations.

Version 2: Dec. 30

Hi Manuel, I hope you are doing well! I am sahil a case manager with Airbnb, and I am here to assist you. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you as I understand that you have not received the payout for reservation HMARXXXXX with guest Raquel XXXX.

When the reservation was altered there was some issues with the payment and the full payment did not come through. Please allow me sometime while I work on this and get this payout resolved for you.

I have already escalated it to my concerned department and awaiting their response. It might take some time, so I want to set the right expectation. It is very rare on Airbnb but be assured you will receive your payout for sure.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

2 Likes

Most of the time when I’ve had a payment delayed it has been due to a reservation being changed/cancelled and rebooked/days added.

1 Like

LOL! Is your reading comprehension always so poor? Did I write that I validated every guest? Uh … no! I said that it could be done. Is that clear now?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We do not validate every guest. I did in this case. He is 22 with a new account and underage GF booking New Year Eve.

We are running a business and we will look after our interests as we see fit - thank you very much!

1 Like

Is that the coffee business or the Airbnb? Why would you be concerned about a 22 year old with an underage girlfriend?

I’d also suggest that calling Airbnb in selected cases like this may not be the best strategy because it calls attention to the fact that you are discriminating. Obviously no one can call on every booking. There was a person posting here a few months ago who claimed to be an Airbnb case manager. (take with grains of salt) He said there is a record of all your calls and that hosts are treated differently based on how much they call and what they call about. It wasn’t put in those words but, for example, he said “agent shopping” is frowned upon. That is calling back again and again trying to get a CS who will give you what you want can backfire. Also they confirmed that hosts with fewer claims are more likely to be granted a payment for issues.

Of course that’s a good strategy but keep in mind that Airbnb does have a say in all your business booked via their platform.

2 Likes

If I remember rightly (and I’m sure that someone will correct me if I’m wrong) during our discussion about calling Airbnb we established that, from experiences of hosts here, these facts seem to be correct.

That is a good question. There are many posts about air taking advantage of hosts, including payment issues and many others. It is pretty clear that blind trust in air is less than prudent.

We were not really concerned about his age alone. The brand new profile and combination of total factors gave us just a bit of pause - combined with the many cautionary tales of woe here.

Long and short of it - it was a very quick call. The agent was pleasant and confirmed that everything was ok.

At this time, we did not know that there should be some indication in the booking that the guest payment is good - we’ll look for that next time.

The guest was just fine. He did not review us (yet) so he probably won’t do so, so he won’t get one.

1 Like

Yes, there are. Although you have to remember that none of the hosts here are likely to post “I had to call Airbnb the other day and they were fantastic”. That applies here with all matters about hosting.

It’s totally bonkers. As you said, we are running businesses here and for any business to have blind trust in any supplier, advertiser, employee, you name it is never a good business decision.

If you can, please please get into the habit of reviewing all guests. It keeps the Airbnb system on track. I’m sure that you’d warn your fellow hosts if you had a bad guest, but it’s important to know about the good ones too.

1 Like