Unpaid bookings

I had this happen last September for a few weeks. I had to delete my payout information, log out then log back in and add it back again. The funds were released a day later, so you may want to try that. It took more than a few calls before someone told me this.

1 Like

Did the Airbnb rep. escalate your case? I finally was paid after a month. I was told it was a new payout procedure. Apparently, they’re holding on to payments for a month.

This must only be true for a particular geographical area, because I have been getting my payments the day after check-in as normal.

Edit: I am in the U.S.

I have been getting mine as well (US here) except one that I found while reconciling my book earlier this week. ABB took care of that (eventually). I called and sat on hold for 56:32, was told they couldn’t help and would “escalate”. I didn’t hear back right away, but - funny coincidence? - they were much more helpful once I posted on Twitter and Facebook and tagged them on my house FB page as well. Bad press, unfortunately, is their best motivator? Then I got a slimey/sweet “You’re a great host, yada yada, here’s your money” message.

2 Likes

That is why I do not let BDC handle my payments.
I wish I could get AirBnB’s hands out of my pockets too.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
Funny that :rofl: social media can be very helpful sometimes :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for all your kind messages.
Getting absolutely nowhere.
Can’t even get to the case manager now.

1 Like

Methinks there is more to this than the OP has disclosed.

Just my tuppence worth…

JF

2 Likes

Meaning what John? OP?

Ronseal. What it says on the tin (UK hosts will get that one :wink: )

JF

1 Like

I’m not getting you but never mind

JohnF I am British but I host in India and Transylvania, Romania

I wonder if your problem is being caused by the prying eyes of multiple governments and their tax collectors.

1 Like

No it’s nothing like that.
It’s a computer error in Airbnb’s system.
They send the occasional, intermittent payment and then stop again.
I’ve been with them since the beginning and never had this problem before.

OP= Original poster, meaning you. Sometimes we go so far off or replies are unclear who is being referred to. So by saying OP in reference to the original post or poster, it’s more clear.

It doesn’t make sense to us that you haven’t been paid and you have multiple cases of this. If Airbnb refused to pay me for my work I wouldn’t list on their platform any longer. Close off your Airbnb calendar until you get this fixed. Book other places like booking dot com or VRBO.

I have a lot of forward bookings with them so can’t close my calendars.
I’m sorry it doesn’t make sense to you.
It doesn’t make sense to me either which is why I joined this forum in the first place to seek help and advice.

Yes you can. You can honor existing bookings without taking new ones.

First step is to control what you can control. Why would you continue accepting bookings on a platform that is holding your money?

1 Like

Unpaid again today.
I have told them I now have to close the bookings.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, but just with one reservation that is running right now. The guest arrived the last Dec. 23 and should check out the next Jan 11, but Airbnb still doesn’t sent my payout.

They said me that I should get the payment and that they are working on it, also said that there was a problem with the payment from the guest.

It looks that way to me. Sure there are sporadic problems from time to time - there are with just about anything at all - but this is definitely a strange one.

We have no connection at all with Airbnb though. You probably realise that but I thought I’d better mention it.

1 Like