Things I Never Thought I Would Have To Put in Print That Guests Have Done

I do it at home…

But its my home after all

RR

1 Like

Another gem!! LOLOLOLOLOL :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t cover your old army buddy in red sharpie marker while he is passed out drunk on the expensive quilted bedspread even IF it’s a tradition in your battalion dating back to B.S. (Before Sharpies).

4 Likes

It seems *common sense is no longer common.

2 Likes

@tinyCar OMG yes!!! It’s horrifying the number of guests we’ve had who don’t use the hood vent fan and fry things! Who wants oily food smells to linger in the place they’re staying?! Apparently Airbnb guests do :joy:.

3 Likes

In addition to what others have said, particularly moving things / furniture:

1. please stop having unprotected sex on TOP of the dark colored linen duvet cover & pillow shams.
  2. please stop unplugging the space heater from its heavy duty extension cord and plugging it into the wall, where it blows the fuse every time, then calling me in a panic, because you were too smart to read the guidebook where it very clearly explains that the extension cord is there for that very reason and that plugging it directly in to the wall will blow the fuse.
  3. I know it already says this in the guidebook AND in the online rules but do not put items on top of the propane heater or they will MELT onto it. Why would you put something on top of a heater anyway?
  4. Please don’t go into my supply of toiletries and help yourself to handfuls of travel sized shampoos & lotions. They’re not free.
  5. Please stop leaving the door(s) unlocked inexplicably, and things like space heaters on.
1 Like

When I can’t get a guest to change what they are doing I have to change on my end.

Since every source in the world says not to use space heaters with extension cords this is probably going to be a hard one to break. What did the electrician say is the cause of fuse blowing. Using an extension cord to overcome this issue is highly unusual.

Can those be moved to a locked supply cabinet or closet?

Smart locks and outlets where you can turn these off remotely might work.

I also have it in my rules to turn off things when they leave but many guests don’t. I console myself by thinking it would be the same if they had just stayed in the room during the entire stay or if they hadn’t checked out until 11 am.

How would you know this?

Never mind, I am not sure I want to know.

RR

You really don’t know how she knows?

How does she know its unprotected sex? No I really do not, sex with a condom can be messy too. Seems like she is making assumptions.

RR

Edited to add: Well for sure her duvet was not protected… lol

4 Likes

Unless she was there with them, yes, she is making assumptions. But if you have a dark duvet cover with lighter colored uh, residue of a certain appearance, there are some safe assumptions that can be made. As the old saying goes: If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s probably a duck.

1 Like

I just had a ventless hood installed and assumed I would no longer get Nest alerts. (Which, by the way I have NEVER set off when I cook.) Nope, hood right there with a big ol’ toggle switch. Have to tell them to turn it on. Mind you, I’ve lived in my NYC apartment for 26 years and I’ve never had a exhaust hood, so it might not be familiar to absolutely everyone.

They have them on street corners in Dehli. The smell was so bad I renamed it: Urine City

A ventless hood is not an exhaust hood… Basically filters the grease out but not the smoke.

RR

Three times one of my older house keepers has said that the duvet cover had spilt milk on it…and she wasn’t joking.

3 Likes

Oxobrite and Biz have both been fantastic! Even on fake sun sprays.

Sure she’s not using an old slang term?

1 Like

Snot and “spilt milk” look pretty much the same on fabric
One could always give it the sniff test!

RR

Nope, she’s not that type of person. In her late 70’s and thinks she’s quite proper, from the UK and all that.

1 Like

Hopefully, the extension cord is plugged-in to a different outlet from the said wall outlet. An outlet which is on a different circuit with a different fuse/breaker and potentially different gauge wiring.

1 Like