Keeping bedspreads clean!

I agree with half there…unless you are an experienced duvet cover replacer… :wink:

I’m very experienced duvet cover replacer … I knew I must be good at something :wink:

1 Like

I actually mentioned in the review one time about guests sleeping between the flat sheet and the blanket. It was just one of the many things they did wrong that I am still trying to get Airbnb to pay for…the amuck in guests that they tried to cover up on one of the cameras only on the way out…and with their voices clearly recording their deception and how they had just gotten over with free guests!

Although, as an eventer, I do dressage to get to jump, I’m sorry for you on behalf of them. How ridiculous!!!

I got marked down once because I was too much like a hotel by having luggage racks and towel rack…

1 Like

Bedding is bedding, and everyone treats their bed differently. If you have rules about it, you’ll need to let guests know. Meanwhile, just wash it all!

Maybe luggage height trim instead of chair height?

Indeed. I’d also add that the type of duvet is a key factor too. The silky down-filled ones are the easiest - you can shake the cover over them in seconds. The big fat puffy ones (I don’t know what they’re made of, polypropolene or something) are multi-XXrated-swear word buggers.

Ooh I do love a good duvet debate :smile:

1 Like

You chastised guests for sleeping “the wrong way”? Yikes!
See, if you had a simple duvet with a cover, there would be no misunderstanding.

Having said that… I’m reminded of when I was a kid and we travelled to Germany in the early '70s. There were these weird things folded up on the bed and we had no idea what to do with them. Do we keep them folded up and sleep half-covered?? Where were the blankets?? We’d never seen duvets before :laughing:

2 Likes

My wife does this. She’s German and never used top sheets until she came to the US. She also likes the feel of the plush blankets we have. I threatened to replace the plush blankets with the old-fashioned scratchy wool blankets but she called my bluff :slightly_smiling_face: She washes the blankets every week along with the sheets, but those super soft plush blankets don’t feel the same after 20 washes.

I’m not sure about CA but here in El Paso a heavy towel or blanket will dry much faster outside on the line about half the year. When it’s 98% and 20% humidity my duvet cover dries on the line in 15 mins.

1 Like

I’m green with envy. It’s pissing down with rain here in Scotland and I’ve even had to have the heating on to get stuff dry. And the BBC weather forecast is so crap that you can’t trust it. You’re almost guaranteed that it will rain 15 minutes after you’ve hung the washing out.

1 Like

I may have mentioned this before, but here goes: You can make a duvet cover cheaply with 2 flat sheets and 2 zippers or a long zipper. I can send you directions. Do Not Ever tie or attach the corners inside. That is a waste of time JMHO!!! btw we use down duvets, 100% cotton.

1 Like

I can buy a new pottery barn duvet cover for $50 or less on ebay. That’s less than two high quality flat sheets, zipper and labor.

2 Likes

I can hang out a load of laundry in 5 minutes, and it is usually dry by the time the next load is ready to hang up. Believe me, I value my time, and I value the environment.

RR

3 Likes

Not only is hanging washing out vastly better for the environment even that 5 minutes of raised arm exercise is toning!

1 Like

The South West is very damp. I’d be lost without my pulley airer inside. It catches the wasted heat by the ceiling and is tidier and quicker.

1 Like

Not my part of the south west (Phoenix).

1 Like

@Brian_R170 Jess is in the UK.

LOL, yeah, that’s why I said Phoenix.