How to put pressure on Airbnb

Hi, We are quickly reaching the end of our tether. We haven’t been able to access our account for 14 days, thereby cant manage a very busy period without lots of calls to Air. We have had multiple attempts to book during this period and lost thousands of potential pounds as a result.

Air customer service say its been passed to a ‘case manager’, but no contact from them, although during this time we have had 19 airbnb message sent to our inbox (which we cant open. Ironic or what!!)

My reason for posting was to take up a suggestion when I posted this issue a week or so ago. Helsi I think it was, suggested using social media to put pressure on them. We are pensioners so not sure how to go about that. We have FB and Twitter accounts although don’t often access them.

Any help re which to use would be fabulous.

Yes it was me @GentleHart.

Happy to help. Why is Airbnb blocking access to your account?

1. Twitter

A. Send a message @AirbnbHelp and copy @Airbnb into your message.
B. Use the hashtag #Airbnb in your message
C. Reply to one of their recent relevant posts so your reply shows up in their public feed
d. You are allowed 280 characters in your tweet. Focus on a) you - long standing host, great reviews b) problem and how long it has been going on c) impact it has on you (losing thousands) and guests (can’t communicate with them regarding their bookings d) call to action - what do you want them to do.

Follow a similar process on FB - but you don’t have the limited word count.

Post on the corporate account and Airbnb FB page for your country.

1 Like

Sorry bit I couldn’t let that pass. What does being a pensioner have to do with it?

2 Likes

A huge THANK YOU Helsi.
Twitter, FB here I come!

We were hacked last Thursday and Airbnb asked us to change our password. Ever since then when we try to log in we are asked to change our password and when we do we get either of two messages. “Server error etc. The site may be undergoing maintenance”. Or. “Use a password that you haven’t used before” (despite inputting a completely new password.).

1 Like

That’s okay @GentleHart happy to help.

That sounds beyond ridiculous. This should be an easy fix to change your password.

Have you tried logging out of your account and logging in using a difference search engine and then seeing if you can change your PW?

1 Like

Or try “going incognito” within a web browser. In Chrome you can go to File > New Incognito Window – then try the process there.

1 Like

My mum is a What’s App, FB and texting queen and she’s in her 80’s :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not even going to respond to this very helpful contribution😡

Hi Melissa, Thank you for your suggestion. I tried this and got the following:

This site can’t be reached

www.google.com is currently unreachable.

Yikes! That’s not normal. Not sure why it would be showing you that – are you having any internet connectivity issues?

2 Likes

Or do you possibly have malware on your computer? Have you tried a different computer or device to access your account?

1 Like

No internet is working as per normal. But thinking about it and reading Brian’s message, not being able to access goggle, of all sites, is strange! So I;ll try a different device.

Thanks Brian, we get the same problem using an I-pad and a lap Top. Also using Safari and Crome Browsers, but I am globing to try the work’s computer which might work!

Perhaps your internet dropped out?

How did it go with Airbnb? Did they respond to your social media post? @GentleHart

Hi Helsi,
I think I’ve managed to send the tweet I wanted. Took me awhile and I’m going to tackle Facebook this morning.

Another nail in the coffin was hammered in last night. We received notification that they’ve temporarily suspended our account. Unbelievable.

However I’ve had another idea. I have contacted the Airbnb press office for the UK, and given them. See copy below.

FOREWARNING

Please read the account below of our ongoing experience with our Airbnb account.

In 24 hours I will be issuing a press statement to the UK media. It is just possible this will kickstart a profession response to our plight.

If you want to save yourselves some work, call me and I’ll brief you further and maybe you can be the catalyst that gets results?

Gwyneth>

MESSAGE IN RESPONSE TO AIRBNB TRUST

Good morning Kristen,

It is beyond belief I receive such a message as yours at this stage of the saga. We have endlessly provided detail of our crisis and yet we still get a standard message from the Trust team!!!

In précis and for the umpteenth time:

1. Your site was hacked and our act was affected nearly two weeks ago, 13th June.
  1. You asked us to change our password which we did.
  1. Ever since then we have been unable to access our account. Keep returning to CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD and when we try, we get two error messages (see previous notification/screenshot on our Airbnb file).
  2. Apparently case sent to a “Case Manager” 10 days ago and we have heard nothing from them. Yet have have over 20 Airbnb support messages (and counting), sent to our email asking us to access our account to “READ & REPLY”. Impossible as we can’t get access!!
  1. Too many to count calls to our only Airbnb contact, the Superhost Customer Services teams around the Globe. They at least listen to our plight and try to help. (Hats off to Kim and Isabella in Ireland.)
  1. Too many hours waisted by us trying to sort this fiasco out and failing.
  1. Endless calls to Airbnb asking for help to manage back to back bookings of our barn, as we don’t know who’s coming or when.
  1. At least 9 attempts to book our barn (we get an email alert) and unable to process them, thereby loosing potential income of over £3000 and counting.
  1. Advised on Tuesday 25th June, last night, by Airbnb that our account was suspended, as we are not processing our booking - Unbelievable

2. Last night sent a Tweet to you asking for help and will do the same on FB today.

3. Next step prepare a press release.

Surly this has gone on long enough and someone reads the message trail and takes ownership of our plight?

We would like someone/anyone who can a) tell us what is going on and b) advise when it willl be sorted out. Not unreasonable by any standards, especially after 14 days!

Please please please stop sending messages to our Airbnb inbox. Use our airbnb email to communicate, or there’s another device called a telephone, that would work!!!

A very disgruntled Superhost>
Gwyneth

You should censor your post to censor your email address. I never post my email addresses on web pages.

1 Like

Thanks for the message. Wasn’t thinking. This business has been soooooo stressful!!

And I would remove your mobile too Gwen @GentleHart :blush:

:+1::pray::pray:. Thanks yet again!

1 Like

Good news😊

At long last we have access to our account. A little over two weeks of frustration, loss of potential income and a hell of a lot of incredulity about the way Airbnb operates.

If it wasn’t for a kind soul in their Irish Customer Services, we’d still be going around in circles. Kim managed to get our case manager kicked off and a new one took over. They managed to do that most difficult action for Airbnb; sending us an email telling us a process to restore our access. Whether it was sight of a copy of the press release I was threatening to use, we will never know.

Many thanks to those who posted helpful tips, especially Helsi.

6 Likes