HELP! Airbnb had just decided to close down my "hosting" portion of my account not the travelling while my account was currently being suspended for 30 days from a recent 1 star review

What about plan with the other account?

Iā€™m very determined to make it right in every area

1 Like

I been paused once . Thatā€™s it. It was in the beginning

So why did your rating fall ā€œa little bitā€?

3 Likes

Hosts have noted before that Airbnb detected when they tried to open a new account after being shut down. Thereā€™s a good possibility they will detect you reverting to your old account and listing again as well.

2 Likes

My understanding is a new host, confirmed ID, ISP, email, bank account, description, photos etc etc etc!
Needs to be a cleanskin.I have never had to do this ā€¦but this is what I have read. Mind you - if they work it out, you will be completely slammed shut and off you go to the other OTAā€™s.

So you dont know the loop holes around that? Itā€™s all separate email addresses and phone numbers. I live in a duplex I was going to use the address next to me thatā€™s in the same building. Instead of 105 Iā€™ll use 106. We have a beick mailbox and a privacy fence on our side which we point out to look for in the post

Usually when someone cancels on me. They are still able to leave a review. If they dont get a full refund they will leave a bad review out of retaliation. Its bullshit

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m worried about
But this account has been around way before I started growing big with the account that was closed down on the hosting side. Iā€™m wondering if I should try to completely shut down my account before using the other one or just leave it alone

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME DETAILS AS THE CLOSED ACCOUNT THEN OF COURSE IT WILL BE PICKED UP!

You need to be completely clean!

I think you went way overboard without having the right business plan and backup plans.

I realize youā€™ve only been on this board for a day but if you look thru past topics, youā€™ll find many discussions talking about not over-investing in properties and to diversify listings on other platforms (and also direct) to offset exactly what has happened to you.

I suggest you spend your time listing elsewhere rather than fighting AirBNB. You can do that simultaneously but for now focus on getting back in business elsewhere.

4 Likes

I too thought hosts had to verify identity, but I just received a booking request from a host (he had two listings in fact) that had not ā€œverifiedā€ his identity with ID. All he had listed on his profile was email address and phone number.

I think they verify your payment method as well, but I donā€™t think that appears anywhere on the profile.

No, I donā€™t. I think that even if all of the information is different (address, phone, bank account, etc.), your main problem will be identity verification. They will run it through their verification service and if your ID comes back to be the same person as a suspended account, I expect theyā€™ll just suspend the other account, too.

Have you tried blasting their social media as suggested above? If this is what really happened to you and you feel you are getting railroaded, definitely post on twitter, facebook, and on the ABB ā€œCommunityā€ forumā€¦I think they monitor that.

There are many posts here from hosts that have had success with that.

Only try ā€œPlan Bā€ if all else fails because itā€™s a pretty shady option IMO.

Well I dont want to give up on airbnb because itā€™s so popular and brings on so much more business then the other platforms out there. In about two days Iā€™ll hear back from airbnb about their decision with my appeal. Iā€™m thinking they may deny me but who knows. This has been a wake up call to never

If I were to blast them on a media site like Facebook which Iā€™m about ready to do. There is a group on there called Airbnb/VRBO/Home Away etcā€¦
Is there a chance that could backfire on me and piss them off by putting their bulllshit out there and them deciding to close my account all together? Or do they try to work things out to save their ass?

Okay then. I have never used Twitter before. I will look into it since your saying you will get alot more responses on there. So what group or category you suggest I should use on there to get the most feedback? Iā€™m unfamiliar with twitter.

Go right to their facebook page DO NOT post to an airbnb, etc. group, unless you just want to vent:

Get a twitter ā€œhandleā€ and tweet them right to their page, not sub groups.
https://twitter.com/Airbnb

I thankfully have never had to do this (knocks wood) but others on this forum have had luck.
Here is a helpful ā€œhow toā€ from @Helsi If you search this forum you will find other helpful posts on this topic as well:

1 Like

Frankly, you are wasting time. Go to their Facebook page and provide a factual unemotional post. This has been proven to get their attention quickly. Unless they have good reason to keep you blocked, things usually resolve quickly after this.

After that, sign up to Twitter and do the same. Posting more here, when you have all the info that you need, will not fix this.

1 Like

Airbrb is not the only platform you can use. Just a thought

1 Like