FUND for Superhosts

No its 25% of our cancellation fees. Not the full booking fees.

We received the 25% for all our March and April COVID -19 cancellations at the end of last month. We didnā€™t get a invite for the Superhost relief fund.

I just got this email for my whole home listing with the ā€œstrictā€ policy. I assume it is referring to 25% of this booking? It does not give an amount.

My home share has had nothing but cancellations since March 15th. I wonder why my home share rental has not received 25% of cancellations? Is this because the cancellation policy I have on this listing is ā€œModerateā€?

ā€¦"Your guest Paul canā€™t travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic and theyā€™ve canceled their stay at your place.

Airbnb will share in the costs of COVID-19 cancellations

Even though your guest canceled under the extenuating circumstances policy, we want to support you in these tough times with a payment from our coronavirus emergency support fundā€”it should arrive in your account within 4 weeks."ā€¦

Weā€™re Superhosts and have a couple of cancellations - and heard nothing from ABB at all, unsurprisingly.
More importantly for us is that most of our bookings come within a week or so of when guests want to stay. So, of course, we have no bookings and no income. Weā€™d love to benefit from a grant to cover lost income :wink: Weā€™d have had a busy time with all the nice weather / Bank Holiday etc recently. Ho hum!

I have been hosting continuously since 2014 and have made SuperHost every single quarter. My gross booJed earnings average $50k annually. So far 2020 dropped me to $12k for Jan Feb and 2 bookings from March. Thatā€™s it. I have not received an invitation either. I have applied for the EIDL from SBA and PUA from Unemployment. Both acknowledge receipt, advise in process and thank me for my patience. Meanwhile mortgage payments and all other bills are being sucked out of my account with only a 3 month reserves to begin with. Yikes!! I have had two long term inquiries but both seemed sketchy so no deal.
We here in FL are still closed for STR. So just waiting on the world to change.
I may have rolled off topic a bit but itā€™s all in the soup now!

1 Like

@RootsEatery
Thatā€™s a strange response to get regarding your PUA application. Iā€™m in California, and we self-employed/gig workers were able to apply April 28, and things seem to go through fairly seamlessly for many. Knock on wood.
Is Florida not yet set up to accept applications from self-employed?

Regarding you not getting an invitation: based on everything you wrote, I would be shocked if you do not get one. Your statistics sound a lot like mine, except a bit betterā€¦

Good luck with everything- I think weā€™re all trying to hang in there as best as we can

The 250M fund gives you 25% of what was due from the cancellation based on your cancellation policy. You will get 25% of the booking only if the guest cancelled within 7 days before check-in. Otherwise, you get 25% of the 50% that you receive for the cancellation (i.e. 12.5% of the booking).

Yes, it is. With a moderate policy, you only receive money for a cancellation if the guest cancels within 5 days before check-in.

1 Like

As for the FL PUA / Unemployment situation, FL is dead last in processing and payouts. Itā€™s been a hot mess. Still is. It would be much less expensive if they just issued a $100,000 check to all 22 million FL residents including the President. FL wants to spend $109 Million to ā€˜fixā€™ the system so they can pay out less than $5 million in claims :woman_facepalming:

@RootsEatery
Misery.

Do you meet all of the qualifications?

• Only share their primary or secondary residenceā€”no more than 2 active listings (Airbnb later said this is not absolute, but what I think they are implying is that not more than 1 listing can be at an address other than the hostā€™s home address).
  • Show a reliance on Airbnb as a vital source of income
  • Have a verified identity
  • Have been a Superhost for 1+ years
  • Have lost a significant percentage of their earnings due to COVID-19

I have not heard about the grant but have had repayment for two of the cancellations that were in their time frame. I received Ā£60 and have lost thousands and thousands of pounds.

Check. Check. Check. I technically have 3 listings but the third is the other 2 combined and are linked in the calendar to block There is only one address as it is a stacked duplex but the inner staircase allows the two apartments to be opened up into one place. Technicality. The Airbnb $ is 40% of our income. I am otherwise disabled and my husband is retired. It is a tough hit for us. We are all in this together.

Correct. The email you received is in reference to the 25% EC payout. This is separate from the Superhost relief fund.

I really think it seems random at this point. I was the only host to receive an invite at first, but the following week a few more people received the email. Emails seem to be arriving on Thursdays. Except for checking off the requirements listed by Brian, I canā€™t figure out what we lucky hosts have in common. It seems random or arbitrary. AirBnB methods are opaque as usual.

I am waiting. It is useless to call. I have $7000 of cancellations from this pandemic and it is income I depend on. Also, no relief from any of my cancellations. Over 3 years as super host.

Weā€™re a Superhost but have been told we do not qualify for the Superhost fund because we have three bedrooms. These bedrooms are in our home. We are loosing all of our Airbnb income over $20,000 this year because of COVID-19. 99.9%. of our guests go to the Omega Institute but since Omega has closed for this year all guests are cancelling with us. So far we have received $21. from their assistance program. Stand a very good chance of going into foreclosure.

@LCurtis333
Iā€™m very sorry to hear that. What a strange rule to not include hosts renting three rooms our separately. That doesnā€™t really seem to make sense, if the point of the fund is to help ā€œmom and popā€ hosts who rent out main or secondary residence.
There has been talk about a class action lawsuit. I understand what the terms of the agreement say, which ban class action lawsuits. Just not sure how enforceable that is thoughā€¦

Also, you indicated that you were not eligible for the fund. Did Airbnb specifically tell you that, or are you basing that on the ā€œqualifying criteriaā€ that we all read?

This is odd, especially since they use 3 bedrooms in the same house as the example to explain what is acceptable. I think the CS gave you bad information. But thereā€™s no point in calling about it anyway, they have been clear about that.

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/answers-to-your-questions-about-the-superhost-relief-fund-170

1 Like

A Airbnb customer service rep contacted me regarding a guest making a cancellation and I asked him about the Superhost fund and he said very bluntly - ā€œyou do not qualifyā€. We are loosing 99.9% of our earnings for this year, I am not exaggerating this what so ever. I just love class action suits however Iā€™m sure there is something in our agreement with Airbnb that prohibits that (donā€™t know for a fact, just assuming). The whole situation is so discouraging - both my husband and I are self employed and we have lost 75% of our incomes on top of the Airbnb fiasco.

Same. Nothing but empty promises.

1 Like

@LCurtis333
Wow this is the first Iā€™ve heard of an Airbnb rep commenting specifically on an individual hostā€™s likelihood of getting an inviteā€¦

Also: as indicated, although hosts are basically obligated to sign away their right to join with other hosts (Class action) in order to list with Airbnb, the question is: is this an enforceable contract, or is it so one sided and against public policy that a Judge might strike down the language. Thatā€™s kind of the idea behind challenging certain terms of the clearly one-sided agreementā€¦