FUND for Superhosts

Has anyone been contacted by the special Airbnb team that is supposed to be reaching out to Superhosts (longest time on platform first)about the up to $5,000 grants?

I qualify as a host for 8 years, Superhost the past 3 years, and having lost all of my March - May reservations; but I havent heard anything from them.

2 Likes

Same. I also qualify and have not not heard from them. They also say “Do not contact us as customer service representatives do not have any information about this program.” I also have not received any of the 25% payout on cancellations. Other hosts I have spoken with also have not received payouts or any form of communication regarding these programs. Two weeks ago we were contacted by Airbnb because we qualify for the Plus program. The day of the scheduled walk through they cancelled and said the program was being put on hold. I am loosing my patience with them. We’ve lost more than $7,000.00 in rental income through May. I applied for the Small Business Loan as per Airbnb guidelines and received nothing. I applied for unemployment as a self-employed host as per Airbnb guidelines, but that is not available in TN at this time. My husband took a 20% pay cut and I substitute teach (was denied unemployment for that) and manage our two Airbnb rentals, so I have lost all of my income. Hopefully, the Airbnb live today will give more information about the programs they have initiated.

3 Likes

So far, Only one host on this forum has posted about being invited.

1 Like

I called early this morning about the 25% that I hadn’t heard about and I asked about the fund while I was on the call. I got the standard “We’ll call you, We are looking into it, With love from Airbnb” lines.

When was the last time that you looked? Or did you apply to for the PUA in TN and get denied? Because it is definitely available now.

https://www.tn.gov/workforce/covid-19/faq/selfemployed.html

If you did get denied for PUA for your hosting income, you might consider re-applying to the PUA for your substitute teaching income. You wouldn’t be eligible under regular UI for it but likely for the PUA. It is generally for everyone who doesn’t qualify for regular UI, including having a part-time job like subbing.

Has anybody received the 25% payouts on cancellations at all? I thought maybe US hosts are getting paid first

I’ve been a super host ever since hosting over four years ago. I’ve have 5 star reviews. I’ve lost 100% of my once totally full calendar for April/May and lost 3 weeks in March. I heard nothing from them and really don’t expect to in regards to the $5k.
My take is super hosts that have been doing it a long, long time, or hosts that have 5 star hotel-like accommodations/top quality/should be in Architectural Digest mag/ uber expensive to stay in – therefore making them big money makers for Airbnb – will be the recipients of the $5k. And they’re exactly the ones that don’t need it.

2 Likes

No. Tried to get someone on the phone, but get an automated response. I have 3 bookings that qualified. I’ll never see a dime of the 25% payout either.

Yes we are scheduled to receive 325.00 in a couple of days from our cancellations.
It’s a nice surprise.

I got my payout last week $250+ USD.

1 Like

As an FYI for the legions of confused hosts, this is a thread titled Fund for Superhosts. That is not the same as the 25% payout for certain cancellations in certain timeframes. Multiple hosts have reported here getting some of those “25%” payments on cancellations.

One one member here has reported getting the invitation to apply for the Superhost grant.

2 Likes

I have received 60 something USD for “Host support payment for COVID-19 related guest cancellations” which was related to one booking only since I had a flexible policy

You might be right. It’ll be interesting to find out exactly what kind of hosts/listings actually get a chance to apply. I’m still hoping to hear from them. I did receive the 25% payout for cancelled reservations on March.

Ed O.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. I last looked early last week, so I’ll get back on it today.

We have lost our entire years bookings over 80k.
I have tried numerous times however they brush me off.
I will not be refunding any bookings from now on. It seems all very one sided and I feel Air BnB can now take the brunt of it.

2 Likes

Was it the full 25% of the bookings?

1 Like

I Don’t want to accept any more cancellations either, but I’m not sure we have a choice. If Airbnb extends the offer to guests so they can cancel due to the Clovis-19, we’re pretty much screwed. I’ve got my whole Summer booked, and afraid the cancellations will start coming soon.

Exactly the same for me.

I too, lost all of my bookings for March-June. I have two rental properties so it got so confusing I stopped trying to calculate how much I was losing. I’m very fortunate to have some retirement income, so I won’t be in desperate straits for a while. I never got an application or communication about the Superhost Fund except to tell us there was one. Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised to get a message saying I would get a $2500 payout for my losses. A friend got a notice the day before, so it seems like they’re just starting the notification process.

1 Like

This is not a Superhost fund payout. Any money you get is the 25% of what you would have gotten under your cancellation policy for certain reservations in certain dates.

1 Like