Blank message. What to do?

I have the strangest thing going on right now. The system says I have a message but there is nothing there. I open it up is says conversation from xxxxxx but nothing. No trip request, nothing. Nothing shows in my pending. Should I write this person?
Has this happened to anyone else?
I do not want to seem inattentive but we are going out for the evening to celebrate a birthday.

I got one of the exact same thing!
I just asked the guest ā€œIs there something you are looking for?ā€

Thanks @jumoe Interesting to know it is now just me.

Yes @Wenchkin, today for the first time. I just replied #your message has no written content#

I got a blank message as well at 8:06pm eastern. The thing that is weird too - is that I never received a text message which I always receive if someone messages me on AirBnB.

How interesting. Mine was from a woman named Danielle. I had screen capped it and decided against posting her info on the offshot it was an accident. Mine has previous good reviews. So strange.

I got one too. Named Jared.
Also airbnb has review posting problems.After host and guest both wrote reviews, the reviews wonā€™t be posted right way. Have to wait for 14 days to post both reviews. I have called airbnb couple of times in last 2 weeks to report the problem, but nothing gets fixed.

Yes, I got one too - from Linda in Shropshire

I also had one. Must be some kind of bug in the site.

i am also facing this problem since morning. it only shows ā€œconversation with guestā€ but there is no booking request and no message displayed

The site must just be buggy. I hope it straightens out.
Just after I got the blank message I got two more messages from air. One saying to review my last guest and one saying my last guest had reviewed me. I left my review and still can not see my guestā€™s review. So like @Ping I am also having other issues.

This has happened to me several times.
When I raised it, they sent me a link to ā€˜A 6-year-oldā€™s guide to how to leave a reviewā€™.
After breaking down my issue description into smaller, more digestible chunks a little kid could comprehend, they said they had looked into it and it was fixed.

And it happened again!

1 Like

And thereā€™ll be world peace :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey a girl can dream :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Dream away, girl! :relieved:

Dreaming costs nothing, aside from missing the morning bus and being late to work, perhaps!

1 Like

The Facebook groups are reporting this same thing too. Come on ā€¦ 31 billion dollar company needs to fix this asap. What is it Astaireā€¦ you are a tech chap! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

LOL @konacoconutz, this is not so much a technical issue as a management one. The folks in charge at Airbnb canā€™t seem to hire the right engineers. I could come with a long list of things on the Airbnb software that need fixing.

Or maybe Iā€™ll build my own hosting platform. Letā€™s call it astairebnb :smile:

4 Likes

Do we get top hats to wear? If so I am in.

2 Likes

Yeah! And you can leave your hat on!

And itā€™ll be better than putting on the Ritz!! :smile:

1 Like

Love it!! Letā€™s do it!!!

1 Like