Aggressive and rude young mother

Somewhat off topic but I had a young Russian couple stay with his mother early last year. Both spoke fluent English and had been living/working in London for several years.

The Tsarina, as I came to call her, asked me for wine glasses to take into the garden. When I asked her how many, taking his mother into account, she haughtily told me “four; we have both red and white wine.”

I told her she could rinse them out, asking what her last slave had died of. Her partner cracked up with laughter.

4 Likes

Good.point…making no sense to leave door at all open with heat on or not . I saw people without babies doing it in my house opening windows while AC is on.

LOL. She has a baby so her Actions and Behavior must be excused? What a horrific view.

Please don’t bother responding any more. It is clear that your view is entirely myopic.

Oh … but when you have a “bad guest” WE can be sure that they were merely distracted and stressed. It won’t be their fault …

Lighten up @Jefferson your bias against babies, or mothers is getting tiresome. Yes mothers with babies get a social pass. Get over it, go to counseling and figure out why you are so angry.

RR

4 Likes

@RiverRock you may need to read the thread. This isn’t about a social pass - or the mom merely being unpleasant, snippy, etc.

Oh - and thanks for the rude and entitled comment. It would be appreciated if you would stick to the subject matter - and not tell me or anyone else that they seek counseling.

Gosh forbid that I am sympathetic to the OP and trust her view of what actually happened.

3 Likes

The chances are that we’ve all had guests who have been grumpy on arrival. If hosts haven’t had grumpy guests on arrival as yet, then they most probably will at some point.

Having baby with you doesn’t automatically make a guest grumpy, but neither does not having a baby with you.

To have been a perfect host - and none of us are perfect, let’s face it - the OP, knowing that the guests we’re dropping off their luggage and had a baby with them, should have realised that the mother wanted to change the baby. With hindsight she should have therefore provided a changing mat (plastic tablecloth, old towel, something) for that purpose.

She didn’t but we’ve all now learned that being prepared for these things is a great idea.

4 Likes

I laughed out loud! It’s truly a funny story.

But, in all fairness, it makes me think you’re not much of a wine drinker. It’s normal to get a new glass for a different wine :wink:

2 Likes

I promise you, she was not the first mother who changed her baby on the bed.

(addendum: I’m responding to the OP’s statement that she was the “It’s the first mother who has changed her baby on the bed. The others changed theirs on the coffee table or even on the floor, but always with a mat under their babies”. I have apparently not figured out how to respond to specific quotes within a post!)

2 Likes

Or dad

RR

1 Like

Thank you very much for your good advice but unfortunately I had already posted the review I’ve sent you. Lesson learned, no more family with babies although I’ve already hosted no less than 10.

Dads use the dining room table to change babies.

2 Likes

But probably the first who changed her baby with a stools-soaked back on the bed without a mat or a towel under the baby.

1 Like

(addendum: I’m responding to the OP’s statement that she was the “It’s the first mother who has changed her baby on the bed. The others changed theirs on the coffee table or even on the floor, but always with a mat under their babies.”. I have apparently not figured out how to respond to specific quotes within a post!)

and yes, of course, DADS!

3 Likes

Probably right. I was being a bit tongue in cheek in response to your words: “It’s the first mother who has changed her baby on the bed. The others changed theirs on the coffee table or even on the floor, but always with a mat under their babies.”

1 Like

The tour of the apartment, house rules and explanation on keys/locks, how to use certain equipment don’t take more than 10 minutes. I spent more time with guests only if they wish me to tell them more about the neighbourhood, the surroundings of Nice, showing them on the map how to get to some places or shops …

I’m very grateful for your support and advices. I’m surprised to find some hosts really agressive towards other hosts.

1 Like

LOL. This forum is well known for tolerating a variety of opinions. Anyone who posts here expecting to just be patted on the back and told they are right is going to be disappointed.

2 Likes

To be here you need to be wearing your rhinoceros hide coat and take it for what it is.
You will get lots of advice and opinions and you may not get what you want. But, step outside and really look at your issue… we want to know the whole story and we will give you our response - as an international forum there will be a lot of cultural shading as well.
Things I have noticed.
Internet - not the same as home as far as availability and cost
Energy costs and guests abuse.
Definition of what is clean.
Duvets and kettles

It can be fun - but we can be very BLUNT!

2 Likes

I was very lucky with my son who never cried (unless when he got hurt). He always fell asleep in his car seat quickly. We went out a lot and I fed him and changed him on his baby stroller and he was always cooperative. His little sister cried easily and was like a koala bear. But talking/singing to her or holding her in my arms made her stop crying and made her feel secured. If I was busy with my hands, i carried her in a baby carrier backpack.

1 Like

I live my kettle, heats the water right up.

RR

2 Likes