Aggressive and rude young mother

It is a forum and I understand forums can be that way, especially when members are passionate about the topic. Try not to take it personally.

Take the best and leave the rest.

RR

2 Likes

I noticed that reviews written from foreigners go to the bottom of my reviews. It’s a shame because they’re the ones that left beautifully written reviews that were also very detailed. Whereas the other folks simply wrote one or two sentences.

1 Like

@Ritz3 They go to the bottom only on your view and that of other English speaking guests. If you have people viewing your listing from say, France, the reviews in French would show up first. It depends on the IP address and the language setting others use.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s good to know.

It’s not the language. It’s the country as well. British guests go to the bottom. Guests from Belize go to the bottom. English-only speaking guests from other countries go to the bottom.

1 Like

Which is such a shame as I’ve always had splendid reviews from English people. Probably because of our electric kettle and proper teapot. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@JJD But if a British guest is logging in in Britain, they will see the reviews from other British guests first, not at the the bottom. That’s my understanding, and it’s what I meant about it picking up the IP address.

1 Like

Actually, if their account is registered in the UK, then they will see reviews from other Brits first. My point is that it doesn’t have anything to do with language. (They also speak English ,)

1 Like

Hi Miyima - sorry to hear you had such dreadful & threatening guests, and I don’t think your post was too long - sometimes we just need to vent & tell the whole story.
If a guest had behaved like this in my house, I would be horrified - and would be on the phone to airbnb asap to have them relocated.
Did you send airbnb photos of the mess ?
Can you claim double cleaning fees ?
We don’t accept toddlers or babies for safety reasons at our home, but I certainly wouldn’t want to dealing with poo mess & dirty nappies on freshly made beds.
I can only wish that you have 100+ nice normal style guests after this awful experience.
Best of luck for 2020

@Debthecat yes sometimes we all need that rhino-hide.

Sadly there are people in this forum, at work, church, …everywhere who seem to take pride in “telling it like it is…”

It takes work to try to speak/write with tact and treat people with respect, courtesy and kindness; many times we try but fail.

My Aunt used that phrase to justify saying harsh and often cruel things. I think she didn’t want to do the work. Her legacy isn’t one of love and support but harshness.

In these days of internet anonymity it is easy to be harsh.

We must choose how we want to be remembered and the true legacy we leave.

4 Likes

And some need to work harder at it than others, based on their own experiences, their own upbringing or whatever. Always a work in progress.

1 Like