You know you are an Airbnb host when

…You drive through a neighborhood mentally cataloguing which homes are best suited for an Airbnb. (Oooh! That one has a guesthouse in back!)

…You see an Airstream trailer at the local sales lot and think “where could I park that to Airbnb it?”

…Your personal towels and bed linens are the castoffs from your Airbnb listing.

9 Likes

We had one of these threads before…lots of fun. I think my contribution was along the lines of

…you wear an apron with a headlamp and lint roller in it.

12 Likes

You stop the microwave at 0:01 so the beeping doesn’t annoy guests upstairs.

15 Likes

I was just looking for the other post to add a comment to so I am so glad this one came up! Perfect!
(1) You smile like a proud parent when someone compliments your home
(2) A guest review STILL makes you nervous (when does this part end?!?)
:joy:

10 Likes

…You are the go-to expert in your family on home security camera systems.

8 Likes

… you spend way too much time on airhostsforum.com

26 Likes

Yep, cast off bedlinen and towels for personal use is definitely what happens in our AirBnB home!

4 Likes

When you try and talk your friends who have
The perfect space into doing AirBB

4 Likes

…You’re walking through your neighborhood and notice a house that you realize is the new listing that popped-up recently but you immediately feel better because it looks trashy IRL. :speak_no_evil:

…An out of state friend says they want to come visit and “not on a holiday” immediately comes out of your mouth.

…You assign a star-rating to everything. Husband cooks dinner: 5-Stars!, City makes a mess collecting the trash: 2-stars!, Grocery store is too crowded but has good deals: 3-stars!

8 Likes

… when you remove Pink Floyd from your playlist and unplug your sub-woofer in consideration of the couple downstairs.

4 Likes

… when your home toilet paper supply consists of almost used up rolls from the airbnb

29 Likes

… when you are sitting at the local pub having your second IPA and shopping on Amazon’s app for dish towels and electric candles for the rental.

7 Likes

You know you’re an Airbnb host when the local animal shelter knows you by name and looks forward to all the stained towels and sheets one donates monthly.

11 Likes

ha ha! I don’t have any security cameras but I am definitely the family expert on how to remove all kinds of stains…

3 Likes

Ooops I don’t do any of those things @georgiahost

It’s very much out of sight, out of mind for me :smile:

Friend buying new home asks you to come with her and give your opinion because she is considering listing the “in-law suite” on Airbnb.

3 Likes

You know every other Airbnb location within miles of yours.

7 Likes

Good reminder to check. I see some new ones.

2 Likes

Your children have to reserve a room if they want to visit and sleep in a bed.

16 Likes

Your dog is trained to slow her walk up the stairs at the command “guests in the nests”.

5 Likes