Wine glasses help with selection

Mine kept disappearing so I placed a $1.99 screw cork style from IKEA, a beaten up chipped butterfly wing style from my home & a $2 waiters style. All were cheap, clearly not the best but work and they have stayed!!!

2 Likes

I have a similar thing with sunglasses. When I have expensive ones I sit on them, or run over them in the car, or drop them into the canal or otherwise ruin them. But when I buy cheap ones, they last forever.

I bought a pair in 1999 for $2.40 and they’re still going strong.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Standard equipment in our apartments, cheap enough that nobody will bother stealing it, but not so cheap that it works effectively.

Incidentally, the only time I’ve been “forced”, in any fashion, at a wine tasting was in September just gone.

I was there with my youngest daughter, and she had to force me out as it was one of our local bodegas and PR person was happy to let me scoff loads of their really good stuff in return for us to recommend them to tourists.

She says “Dad! The tasting finished over an hour ago and you two are gibbering away in Spanish and I’m bored”.

As we say in Glasgow, hooked!

JF

5 Likes

Mind you, I always have a corkscrew in my bag. Doesn’t everybody?

6 Likes

You story made me laugh loudly-woke up the dogs! Both raised their heads, gave me the “hairy-eyeball” & decided to ignore me.

I’m glad you enjoyed the tasting.

1 Like

The oldest piece of dishware I have is a generic cereal bowl I bought off a sale table for $1, at least 35 years ago. The rim isn’t even slightly chipped. I don’t particularly like the color now, it doesn’t go with any of my other dishware, but the thing is apparently indestructible.

A hundred years in the future, someone will probably find it and make a small fortune off it on eBay, as a piece of antique crockery in mint condition.

5 Likes

I did. It’s one of more expensive bodegas, but the folks that work there are all good.

Their web site is not secure so I won’t post the link, but this what we were enjoying:

Not an everyday purchase, at least not for us!

JF

1 Like

I think everything has already been said, but I wanted to point out that–for items that get used often–you should consider buying several spares so that you have them on-hand to easily replace them when you find one missing or broken during a turnover.

6 Likes

On the corkscrew comment- I was just saying last night (as I opened a bottle of wine) that a corkscrew w/ our logo on it might be a good idea for schwag (sic?) in a welcome basket. I’m going to check prices on bulk. Cheers! :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Great idea. Or a wine label?

@lynnick4442

What is “real dishwater” vs “disposable dishwater”?

1 Like

I was puzzling over that, too. Reminded me of this:
962798598_boilwater.jpg.5dbd43330b2d5a5ddf17544945187e10|479x500

I assumed it was some sort of typo, like she meant dishware.

1 Like

Hahaha! Yes, something along those lines :grinning:

We’ve ordered wine and champagne labels from this shop before, we use them on bottles for departing tenants. They look really awesome and are easy to apply.

2 Likes

@mollimac I’m grooving on this …

1 Like

And it doesn’t matter if guests pinch it if it has your rental’s name and phone number. :slight_smile:

Thanks sooo much! Could be a movement…

Yes, an even better idea! Good time of year to talk to the local wineries :thinking: Thx!

Hah!!! I actually host at my vineyard (a real tasting room is on site). Dollar Store only!!!

1 Like

Hah!!! You’re old enough to know better. And OR on top of it :roll_eyes: