Will you share your favorite, favorable, over-the-top review?

One of our senior forum members, @KenH, shared his most “over the top” review in another thread (“We’re blushing!”) and I thought it would be a great thread for us ALL to share our most flattering and favorite review of all time - from any platform - it doesn’t have to be Airbnb. I will share mine below when I dig it up.

Share the love!

3 Likes

review

8 Likes

@KKC … “This is what every Airbnb should feel like!” YES!

4 Likes

Maybe not over-the-top, but definitely descriptive. This was a review from a couple that were in their late 50’s and rented our 4-bedroom house just for the 2 of them. I described them as “energetic” in my review of them and it’s not hard to see why.

“We traveled from California to run the Giants Race and a Spring Training game. James and Stephanie’s place was perfect! It’s about 15 miles from Scottsdale and very close to many restaurants, stores and services in Chandler. Upon our arrival, James took us for a detailed tour of the house. Stephanie came by to tell us about her hot yoga studio because we were interested in finding a local one. The kitchen was great! I cook most meals - I like cooking and it works for us. This kitchen has sharp knives (yay!), a walk-in pantry with a good variety of basics, coffee/creamer, dry staples, good pots/pans, etc. We were very happy with the kitchen. All bedrooms have multiple charger plugs in a nightstand outlet. Didn’t need to use any of our charger cords for iPads and android phones. The televisions have Roku, Netflix, Hulu, etc. Plenty of room in dressers and the walk-in closet. Bathrooms have a good variety of toiletries and products. Plenty of towels, good water pressure and temps. Checkout was quick and easy. Overall this was one of our best AirBnB experiences. Centrally located, very clean, well-stocked spacious home in a good neighborhood near the freeways and shopping/services. Very good value for this stay. Excellent communication with hosts that made us very comfortable and were quick to respond. We liked the recommended hot yoga at Inner Vision. We look forward to returning next year!”

5 Likes

Young couple - first Airbnb:

“What a wonderful weekend! Terri and Jim are amazingly hospitable, and you will immediately feel right at home with them. The room provided has a comfy bed, books, some games, and TV w/ streaming services. Two shower heads in the bathroom! Ooh la la! The thing that will make your stay so special, though, is if you take some moments to share a conversation with these kind and gracious people. They have wisdom to share and are ready to lend a listening ear as well. They are doing something special here. :)”

BTW - our “wisdom”…they complimented us on our long marriage (34 years) and asked what would we have done differently if we were still their age. I said “take the kids to the park more, let them get dirty, play in the river. Clean house less.”

They were visiting friends to go to a wedding in a nearby city so we were just a small part of their experience but they went on to say in the private feedback:

"Terri, we had a wonderful time staying with you and Jim! Looking back on the weekend, I’d venture to say that it was one of the best weekends of my life. You two are certainly a part of that. "

6 Likes

One that sticks in my mind was from another host who said that staying with me should be obligatory for all hosts so they learn what they should be doing :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Here’s 3 of ours!!
This Tiki Trailer Getaway is a real hidden gem. It’s tucked away in some mountains and the views of the valley are tremendous. In the evening, you can hear owls hooting and in the morning, you wake up to the sounds of birds chirping. There is a feeling of peaceful seclusion while still being near civilization. Julia and Michael were great hosts and they are incredibly accommodating. They gave us great advice about local hangouts and also gave us plenty of privacy (considering their home is so close to the Tiki Trailer Getaway, but we couldn’t even tell they were there. This is a great area to explore the outdoors, if you enjoy hiking and nature, there’s plenty of trails close by and Julie & Michael may even join you for a short hike with their beautiful dog Bella. My experience here was amazing and I will definitely be returning to this hidden gem. It’s the best kept secret in the Valley!

The place has views that are breathtaking and every last detail about the Tiny Tiki Zone are lovingly thought out Julia and her husband Michael are incredibly gracious hosts they even took us on an amazing hike with their dog Bella . It is even better than one could imagine we can’t stop talking about the beauty of the place it truly is a very special and incredible experience

This AirBnb is one-of-a-kind and a gem. All the personal touches and little details Julia prepared from the moment we arrived in LA to leaving were unmatched. She has such a warmth of soul and eager hospitality that made our stay that much better. Get ready for sights to be seen, rest to be had & cares to melt away. Thank you Julia and Michael!

4 Likes

Here is one of mine I really like:

“I wish I could give it more stars… I travel every month and have stayed at Air BnBs all over America and in other countries. This one has been the best. When I travel, I like the place I stay to feel like home. The Superman house felt exactly like that. Carl is close by and quick to answer without feeling intrusive. The kitchen was completely stocked with utensils and basic cooking supplies. I prefer to cook instead of eat out but most places do not provide the basics like oil, spices etc and it makes cooking not economical. The Superman house had everything I could need. And when I did go out, I went to övn- a pizza place recommended in Carl’s handbook and had the best pizza of my life. The handbook was very comprehensive with detailed instructions on all aspects of the stay. The television and WiFi were explained in detail and I had no problems with either one. If you are looking for a place that feels like home- this is the place to stay!”

3 Likes

What a lovely review!

what a great review! how do I get to see the superman house?

Well, I suppose you could RENT it!

Or, you can search on ABB for The Superman House in Fairhaven

1 Like

Ok, got one just now from the latest stay and gonna brag on it as well:

"This is the best Airbnb we’ve ever stayed in! I didn’t know a host could be this well equipped and thoughtful! We were visiting for the WWU Preview weekend, so it was perfect location and very comfortable. The cleaniness was perfect and above expectations. Carl seems to have thought of everything so that a visit to Bellingham is without stress. We highly recommend this home!”

2 Likes

The review was good, but the card and gifts were what made it “over the top”.

This personal guest house is amazing. So clean and stylish you will love it. Paul is such a gracious host. He met me after a delayed flight showing me the way in and all the features of the home. If that was not enough, he had a fresh baked lemon cake waiting for me as well as some other treats. This qualifies as 5 Star service and accommodations.

7 Likes

Hillary User Profile

Hillary

March 2019

This is a true hidden gem, I almost don’t want to share about it! The pictures posted do not do the listing justice. It is a fairy tale setting. We didn’t check the weather and wound up there in the rain and got to see some beautiful waterfuls, a jaunt across the street from the camper, along with moss covered redwoods. It was hauntingly beautiful. Not to mention how relaxing the rain was to listen to falling on top of the camper. Sandi and Ben went out of their way to assist us in enjoying our stay. With just some back and forth messages, they picked up that we were looking to spend time in downtown Los Gatos, go hiking, and scope out vegetarian and vegan places. They made great recommendations for nearby hiking trails, left out plant-based snacks for us to nosh on, and a walking stick. Very endearing personal touches! Will book them again if in the area!

3 Likes

"This was our first Airbnb experience, and it was perfect! We were traveling from the Tampa Bay Area to Arkansas and stopped at David & Janet’s on the way. They were the best hosts. David stayed up late to greet us and show us around when heavy rains delayed us and we arrived later than we thought we would. He also took the time (when we first booked our stay) to send us suggestions on things to do in Atlanta when we left the next day. We ended up going to the civil rights museum and it was well worth the visit/recommendation. Our two boys LOVED David & Janet’s house so much that they both wanted to just stop our road trip there and stay. We swam at close to midnight when we arrived and we swam first thing when we woke up the next morning. We then went and fed the animals (goats, miniature horse and a donkey) with food that David & Janet left out for us. It was like a petting zoo and the kids loved every minute of that. The animals were all super quiet and we didn’t even know they were there until we called out for ““Rosie”” (as David had told us to do). If that weren’t enough fun, Janet & her niece came outside and greeted us. Janet let the boys pick some fresh blackberries and she took them to see the baby chicks. She also let them jump on the trampoline with her niece and then they all played carpet ball together. They made the experience SO MUCH fun for us. We also got to play with their rescue dog and cats and a kitten. Now, onto the accommodations. The guest/pool house was FABULOUS. So many details went into every little thing. David built it himself and left no detail forgotten. Our youngest slept on the couch with sheets and blankets, our oldest son slept up in the loft area, and we slept in the bedroom. The bed was SUPER comfortable! We were all well-rested when we woke up the next morning. There is a Keurig with a variety of flavors to choose from. We sipped cappuccino on the balcony area and also in the lounge chairs by the pool. They left out some breakfast pastries and some snack foods, cold bottles of water and pudding in the fridge. The bathroom is spacious and the shower has two shower heads. The A/C kept us nice and cool. There was nothing left undone. David & Janet have thought of everything you could possibly want when staying somewhere. There’s even a large supply of shampoo, conditioner, saline solution, etc. with this being our first Airbnb experience, it is going to be really hard to beat it!! We would love to come back and stay with David & Janet again. Thank you for going above and beyond! "

6 Likes

This person stayed one night !!

OVERVIEW: This is a great spot especially if you’re going to Storm King or Bear Mountain area attractions. I actually enjoyed chilling in the cottage so much; I wish we had booked two nights. I would definitely stay there again the next time I’m visiting the area. CHECK IN & CHECK OUT: Super easy. Even though they aren’t far away in the main house, they use a code lock on the door (that they reset after each guest), so there’s no keys and you can check in and out with ease. They were accommodating of our check-in and check out requests (see below). THE PLACE & ACCOMMODATIONS: I think it’s actually better than the pictures. The pictures highlight the decor which may or may not be your thing, though it’s clear whoever designed the place has some education in design basics in terms of how to create distinct spaces and focal points (e.g. sofas and chairs placed around an area rug with one chair having two legs off the carpet to create a more open feeling). Still I like the physical layout of the cottage the best. It’s compact as a whole, but the layout is efficient, so it’s actually a really sizable place. There’s a full kitchen with washer and dryer in the closet. The dining room and the living room are also quite spacious and there’s separate lighting so you can accentuate just one area or the other. The bed is very soft and comfy, and there’s plenty of dresser space, and extra blankets and towels in the closet. The bathroom doesn’t have a window or much ventilation (it’s a cottage), so it can get pretty steamy, but I just ran a little cold water after my shower to help cut the steam. Importantly it didn’t make the whole cottage humid and damp. Also importantly the hot water and water pressure work very well. The place isn’t super modern swank and there isn’t like homemade muffins, but honestly I thought it had more nice thoughtful touches than many of the airbnb’s I’ve staid at. Like every time I had the impulse for something, there it was (e.g. tea, creamer, another ac unit in the bedroom, honey, a big mixing bowl, coasters, etc). There were also brochures and tips for things to do in the area on the coffee table. The only thing they didn’t have was a beer bottle opener. They have a can opener and a wine opener (but not the kind with the cap bottle opener on top). Still we made it work and managed to get the bottles open. LOCATION: The Location is excellent: We came to visit Bear Mountain and Storm King. We hiked Bear Mountain before we checked in. It was super hot and muggy, so being hot and sticky sweaty we were relieved that it was an easy under 20 minute drive from Bear Mountain to the spot. The next day we were able to walk to Storm King in 15 minutes…

Private Feedback:
Thank you for letting us stay at your place. It was great. Lol it felt so perfect, I wish we had driven down the night before and spent two nights there! And I totally appreciate your allowing us to leave the electronics early and keep the car parked there after checkout. That was such a help.

3 Likes

2 Likes

“so many busses and trains … and heated floor…” lol :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This made me happy! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s our last review. We are trying to persuade any future guests that they need not review unless it trumps this one (well, not really, just wishing we could!)

“If you are even deliberating whether to stay at Red Oak Barn, stop now. If you’ve by luck chanced on this property, book it now. It is simply perfect. The actual barn itself wants for nothing. It is the perfect space. Every single thing you might need when away, is already there. I’m an experienced self caterer so often take little things I might need - but I could have stayed there for 6 months and not used everything that was available. It is gorgeous, homely, spacious, cosy - you honestly want for nothing. I loved sitting in front of that fire on one of 3 sofas. I loved sitting outside by fairy light and candles (all provided) at night. I honestly could live there. The hosts ! It’s a hard balance between being available if needed whilst giving you your own space, but Peter & Gwyneth get it spot on. Lovely, friendly, interesting and helpful. Loved every single second. We will definitely go back, and can’t wait! Thank you”

3 Likes