What’s the nicest review you’ve received?

As hosts we often spend a lot of time venting but don’t talk about the nice guests who follow our house rules, don’t make a mess or break things, and end up being guests we’d welcome back in a heartbeat. I’ve gotten a lot of nice reviews but this hand-written note that I received recently recently made my day!

5 Likes

I’ve posted this before; I agree with you that there’s something special about having a hand written message.

5 Likes

More in the fridge? :smiley: Amazing!!

2 Likes
3 Likes

The guest that just left may be my favorite, any time they say they’d like to make another transatlantic trip to stay two weeks because three days wasn’t enough is pretty sweet.

4 Likes

Thanks for adding your good experience. I think you are completely right and those nice written, spoken and posted on Airbnb reviews go a long way towards making this an enjoyable job. I’ve also got a guest book and have some lovely entries there. I’d advised everyone to add one to their listing.

I’ve posted some of my nice reviews on previous threads about the topic. I have a lot of great reviews but I’m pretty sure no one is really interested. LOL.

5 Likes

There are a quite a few handwritten notes that I cherish, messages from the couple(s) that eloped on our deck (three of those in the past year so far), the family that knew we were coming in after their stay and made us a homemade pecan pie, the fellow college alumni that left us champagne (that my caretaker laid claim to), but I’d have to say my favorite wasn’t a note … It was a craft project from a little girl. She decorated our tree when her family stayed in our house over Christmas :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

That’s definitely a “joy sparking” tree.

4 Likes

gee which wonderful handwritten note should I share<><>

3 Likes

I’m sure no one is really interested…lol
Here is a public one
Reviewed: May 2019

Julia has put her heart and soul into this very special property - from the dishes to the lamps to the curtains… It is unique and the attention to detail is the best I have experienced in any Airbnb. The proximity to the Reagan Presidential Library is great and after a day of information this is the best place to unwind. Michael and Julia are wonderful to visit with and have so much information to share and the view is unmatched.

7 Likes

I had a hard time deciding which was the nicest…all my handwritten thank you notes/reviews from guests are stored elsewhere—in the guest book of each house. The best “review” I ever got was a letter mailed to me from the guests several weeks after their stay. They stayed in one of my AirBnBs to be in the area while their father was dying and then for his funeral. They wrote me a lovely thank you letter.

This is maybe the best one left for me on the public platform.

6 Likes

Fun to read everyone’s good comments and remind ourselves why we do this! Thanks for sharing!

Thought on common themes - personalized experiences are the best investment of our time and “under promise - over deliver” can be reflected in the little touches.

“My stay at Terri and Jim’s place was wonderful! The room was large, clean, comfortable, and quiet, away from the rest of the house It had every amenity that a guest might need. Don’t like the desk? There’s a lap desk as an alternative! Feel like it’s too noisy (if that ever happens)? There’s a white noise machine! Bored with the internet on the lightning-fast wifi or the Roku? There’s a wall-sized shelf full of books! Want a snack? There’s a fridge with a full guest use section! Need to wash your clothes? There’s a laundry room right next to the guestroom! Don’t like using a washcloth? There are disposable loofahs for guest use! They’ve really thought of everything! And they even offer an evening tea with snacks and pleasant conversation! This is probably the most well-run and thoughtfully stocked AirBnB I’ve been at, and I’ve spent the past 2 months in different AirBnBs. I would not hesitate to recommend Terri and Jim’s place to anyone!”

5 Likes

I recently had a guest post that if she could give me more than 5 stars she would. It made my day!

4 Likes

The best recent one was one of the shortest:

“I just want to come and live at Ged and David’s place”!

7 Likes

Julia, my kiddo is dying to come to Cali. We’d love to stay in the tiki zone someday :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

"Dear Linda and Don,

Your Airbnb is much nicer than The White House, Trump Tower or our Mar-A-Lago Resort in Florida!

Best wishes,

Donald and Melania Trump"

4 Likes

I have posted this before too. A young man wanted nothing more than bottled water and ice cream, and stayed 4 months. A guest pried it out of him one night that he was only 19 - and was so brilliant at engineering that he was entirely on scholarships and already in second year engineering. His theories were astonishing.

His review still chokes me up. I was probably overly motherly, but he wrote about the love I had shown during his stay. I have every reason to believe he has a brilliant future.

"If you want to impress someone, be impressed by them. " Brian Tracy

6 Likes

Guests just left. An elderly couple returning to their earlier home town. My place a “cosy” two bedder, middle of winter. They bought me a PRESENT with a lovely card and told all their local friends and family to come stay here. So chuffed…

3 Likes

Our guest book comments are usually more fun than our online comments. We love the people who include little drawings. Our funniest was the lovely young woman who said “I was so comfortable that I almost came out in my underwear”.

3 Likes