What to Do in the Meantime

I’ve been posting on a site, ***, I saw someone recommending on Facebook. I’ve gotten a few long-term inquires so far, no bookings yet - but I’m crossing my fingers. Seems like they partnered with all the big property management rental companies like *** and *** and are partnering with universities and hospitals to get housing for those displaced by the coronavirus.

Frankly, I’ve been posting everywhere I can go to. Anyone know any other good websites that’s getting traffic right now?

@DesperateHost please make sure you’ve read this post. It should have been pinned at the top. of your feed.

An important coronavirus message from the moderators

Your post seems to be promotional in nature but we want to be patient and supportive so I’ve edited your post to conform to our standards rather than to delete it entirely.

Oh and we pretty much despise all the “big property management companies” and don’t care if they all go out of business.

Frankly you need to stop hosting for now. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

4 Likes

@KKC, that’s so kind!

1 Like

Around the head makes it very hard to remove without touching your head. And emergency folks don’t have time to waste tying knots. Around the ears is not usually uncomfortable. Also, it’s what people are used to using.

I order most of my dry (and wet…) goods on line, have been doing so for about five years. It’s now almost impossible to get a slot less than two weeks away, and of course, you can’t simply book slots without an order.

I intended to start redecorating our bedroom today, but the weather has changed for the better, and I’ve been out for three hours clearing up after such a wet winter. In fact it’s rained almost continuously since mid September last year.

And the best laid plans go awry. We were going to move into one of the guest rooms for the duration of redecorating, until realising that Buster McCat would bring gifts onto carpet, instead of a wood floor.

This morning’s tally of his “larder”:-

I dead rat, one decapitated, disembowelled bunny, two baby voles.

Hey ho.

1 Like

Western Australia here… waves hello

In the Margaret River region – a beautiful wine / surf / nature-rich corner of the world (added that in to get my character quota).

3 Likes

Today is my first real lockdown day. I had Airbnb guest as recently as 19 Mar and my last guest dog was picked up yesterday. I did a lot of cooking over the past 3 weeks. Today I started on the grout in my Airbnb shower. I tried cleaning but wasn’t satisfied. So today I started with the oscillating multi-tool and will grind all the grout out and re-grout. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to take a sledgehammer to my bathroom. If this drags out as I suspect it will, that’s probably on the agenda.

1 Like

Stay safe, @KKC. And I’d love to see before-and-after pics!

1 Like

Ditto – before and after pics please. I get so inspired by these!
~Anita
(and ditto, “stay safe”)

If anyone is really bored, they could always:

My friends nineteen year old daughter did it, and he promptly shared the “after” image across WhatsApp. I must say, she did look a bit odd, having always known her with long auburn hair!

JF

I ordered clippers on Amazon two weeks ago and did the clip a week ago. However, if I’d known it was going to become a Thing I probably wouldn’t have.

1 Like

Clippers on order x 2 I’m told. Having missed a cut at the beginning of March, Mr Joan now looks like he has a fluffy cat sitting on his head.

1 Like

My husband has already done this. He already owned the clippers.

And mine has been cutting his own flat top for years now. I used to do it, but I have physical issues that make it painful to do, so he does it himself with my professional shears and I just edge it up and fix any boo-boos.

I know this comment is a bit old and the #savepetsinsweats movement has picked up a bit, but just had to share that our local shelter in Austin (APA, which I know we’ve talked about before) is currently 82% empty! It apparently hasn’t been that empty since the shelter’s inception (as in the physical shelter) back in the 70s. Lots of fosters have stepped up :muscle: :dog: :cat:

1 Like

I had cat who considered himself my provider - one dead animal a day and extra if he saw company.

2 Likes

I’m thankful that I have guests checking in on Monday. They will be staying 5 nights. I’m surprised they haven’t canceled, but if they do, I’ll be glad to give them a 100% refund even though it’s not in the contract to do so.

So you mean you have guests checking in who are ignoring stay-at-home directives?

Lodging is considered an essential service in most states. Stay at home does not indicate a prison state.

1 Like

??? Stay at home means stay at home- don’t go out unless absolutely necessary. Lodging isn’t an essential service right now except for healthcare workers and ther essential service workers.
Or are you advocating for increased infection and death rates?

3 Likes