What is word I can use to describe a guest who used very minimal resources?

Was here for a week and barely used any towels, toilet paper, paper towels etc

Environmentally conscious?

1 Like

No one word… Good guest? Conservative with listing resources? No muss, no fuss? Hardly knew he was here?

4 Likes

Respected amenities and was thoughtful and considerate.

10 Likes

What about “low impact”? Would that be understood as 100% positive?

1 Like

Ascetic? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Light touch?

1 Like

There are some guests who are EFFORTLESS

I’ve had a returning guest with similar traits. She comes into town on business, never cooks, uses only one towel & one washcloth which she leaves folded atop the hamper so they can dry out. She folds up the duvet and places it on the closet shelf (tells me, in a note, it wasn’t used), doesn’t drink the bottled water (that I leave in the refrigerator), and always leaves a positive review.

One Friday when she was leaving, she booked a return for the following Monday and then asked if I had any guests staying over the weekend. When I responded “no”, she insisted that I leave the linens and towels as she left them. I refunded her cleaning fee and didn’t charge her for the next week’s cleaning fee.

She is WELCOME BACK ANYTIME

13 Likes

conscientious

I recently hosted a clean freak :slightly_smiling_face:

She was going on about how clean our place was in sweet messages to me. She left it vacuumed, clean, and started a load of laundry on the way out. I was shocked because there were more dogs than people in the party.

The pet fees were a pain in the neck. Three pet dogs, plus one no charge service dog. She told me they were on the fence about a 3rd night after checkin. I told her no problem if she stays, and I will waive the 3rd night pet fee. This sealed the deal and she extended.

She wants to come back soon. I want her back. I told her if she will pick up after the dogs (they did anyway), I will waive all her pet fees in the future because we use it to pay our cleaner. She said they will sure do that.

I don’t mind making deals with people who cost me less money and bring me more joy.

3 Likes

Wow!
My guest was here for 7 nights with two little kids. I was expecting it to be fairly messy but was pristine. They only slept in 2 of the beds, used 3 towels total, what looks like no or little shampoo, none of the milk, half&half and other things in fridge, and they brought their own toilet paper!

2 Likes

Oh, she learned did she? :rofl:

I swear to god I have nice, 2-ply unscented TP!!

:wink:

The stuff she bought is 1 ply, like the kind in public bathrooms.

1 Like

I like your word ‘effortless’.

So much so that I used it right away: 'It was an effortless stay as both were very respectful and considerate of the space. ’ :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Just say that…

1 Like

Truly a great word for a great guest.

It takes so little to be aware of the world around you. The simple thoughtfulness and consideration screams high class and respect.

1 Like

EFFORTLESS - Terrific word! Terrific guest!

2 Likes

I’ve used the word self-sufficient for a number of guests: the ones who don’t use much and don’t need anything. I also like stellar/perfect/outstanding instead of just saying good or great all the time. Also saying something like 5 stars across the board/in every way.

I’m so glad to hear about this guest with kids who doesn’t fit the negative stereotype that is on repeat here at the forum.

3 Likes

Low impact that’s perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have guests like this too, who leave everything in pristine condition and you barely know they are there. And they are repeat guests. They like my house, I like them.
But guests are kind of on a bell curve, with 5% exceptionally clean, 5% a disaster and 90% some degree of messiness