What do I say? Guests told me they are going to just take something

Another thing…where is all that money she promised she will owe you for the stool? She hasn’t made any contact with you to at least lie and say “oops…I didn’t get your message not to take it until after we left.”

No, they can wait at the damned airport. What in the heck is with these people!!!

Arrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

8 Likes

Yes! Thank you for updating. I have the vision of a handcuffed guest brought to rights by the Airhosts police. She’s going DOWN!

Ok, I know she’s not really but hopefully she will never be able to book her thieving arse into another host’s home.

6 Likes

Beyond Belief!!!

1 Like

And made to pose for mugshots standing on a stool :smile::rofl::smile::rofl::grin:

7 Likes

@wendy_darling. Thank you for the update. I’ve been waiting hoping that the guest did the right thing. I’m sorry they didn’t.

1 Like

I can’t believe this is the end result. I was thinking the whole time we’d find out, of course, the stool was right where it was supposed to be, and now this. People are just…ugh.

@Wendy_Darling did you review her? Did she review you? What did Airbnb say? Did you request money from the guest and did they pay it?

1 Like

She should be made to Fed Ex that stool back to you immediately. What a stupid idiot.

3 Likes

I’m well and truly shocked by your guest!!! I’m flabberwhelmed and overghasted! What an absolute piece of … she is!

5 Likes

Does this thread make Agatha Christie seem boring and sedate!

2 Likes

This doesn’t really surprise me at all. That’s what guest said all along she would be doing, and all of us like honest and straightforward people, do we not? I have had guests steal things from my place, for example, my very precious leather gloves - in winter - which makes kind of sense, doesn’t it? Why would anyone steal gloves in summer when it isn’t cold? I spent ages hunting for those gloves, because I thought I might have mislaid them somewhere. Only a very long time later did I deduce that they must indeed have been taken by those guests.

So in your case, there is no need to spend any time searching for that stool. You know very well where it is, so this does save you some hassle, doesn’t it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Ah in praise of honest thieves eh!

So is @Wendy_Darling 's review going to look like:

I appreciate the thieving guest’s honesty – she’s a stellar stool stealer.
She was prompt and diligent in her theft, not to mention proactive. I would gladly recommend.
(That she join the Klepto Club!)

10 Likes

Yes, when someone steals my property, I’m always concerned they might not like me and might say so to someone else. Really??? This person is a thief. Telling the owner of the item that they’re going to steal something doesn’t make a thief any better than one who doesn’t tell about it. It’s not just unacceptable behavior, it’s criminal. I would waste no time at all worried about whether or not a thief left me a bad review.

10 Likes

@Nina, think of all those criminal court judges who go home really sad that the criminals they sentenced don’t like them and might say so.

3 Likes

It’s all sorted and I charged her for it, I charged her the “inflated to the max no bargains for stool nappers price” and she got a real scare, she said she didn’t look at what she said and agreed afterwards that it was wrong to just tell me and not ask me, of course this was after all hell broke loose, but she said she honestly thought as I was so friendly and approachable that she could do it…we just had people steal all the batteries in our remote controls for the TV so there you go…in a way I would rather have someone say they are taking it than have to come out in the middle of the night with a set of batteries! (Mind you, I have hidden batteries since we started so I don’t really have to go out, I just tell them where they can find some as it happens a lot!) It’s sad that you have to hide stuff so people cannot steal it! But batteries in a remote must be fair game and so must stools!!!

12 Likes

Put some batteries in your new stool so they scream when they’re taken out of your home!

4 Likes

Wow, she has chutzpah. How can anyone believe that if someone is friendly and approachable it’s okay to steal from them?

5 Likes

Lenders only want the last two months of bank statements so if using a local lender doesn’t work out, just stop ABB for two full months prior to applying and then do not re-engage until close of escrow.

1 Like

In my experience, W-2 employees they want a full year and for self-employed they want between three and five years. The requirements for a housing loan have titan dramatically since 2005.

2 Likes