What amenity options would you like to see?

Yes there is a place for host to disclose there are pets and of course you can click on a host’s profile and see their other listings. But no, I can’t filter for them. I’ve never had a bad experience at an Airbnb but I also spend literal hours finding my Airbnb. It’s a cumbersome process (and when hosts make it even more cumbersome, I click away).

I thought I had seen that as a guest…I could be wrong though.

Ooh, be careful, Military, if the “play tree” rots to the point part of it could fall on someone. There was that horrific incident of an Airbnb guest being killed on a swing attached to a rotted branch several years ago.

Back to OP’s question, I would like to be able to search on cancellation policy. If there’s a way to do that, I’m too dumb to figure it out!

4 Likes

Yes, thanx. I do inspect it between every guest and doubly when they are traveling with dogs or kids. I do intend to lower it completely to the ground (although due to the massive trunk size at the bottom it will still have an angle to climb, just in the opposite direction) before it gets even close to that point.

I know there is a search by price but if you don’t put in the dates it provides many that are way different for your stay days.

This may already be there but ensuite bath

Entire building/structure (for those that don’t want adjoining ceilings or walls)

not exactly an amenities but a sort functions

Actual check-in time and check-out time!!!

Sort by distance from an attraction or address (instead of a guest sorting by town/city and getting listings up to 2 hours away on the first page…)

1 Like

King size bed! It would save me tons of time if bed size was searchable.

4 Likes

I don’t provide real candles much less put a fire source in the hands of a fun loving vacationer. My structure is built of wood.

2 Likes

Well, the fire pit is not inside the house. It’s a 100 feet away from the house on a sand and rock pit, installed to code. The grills are closer to the house though. And the gas stove is right in the middle of the apartment. But don’t worry, I make everyone wear a helmet :wink:

All of our guests are adults. Even on vacation.

Included in this would be a way to sort/filter by the new non-refundable/refundable option.

BTW, I thought you might be interested to know that there are already hosts on reddit complaining about Airbnb trying to get them to give refunds to guests who have non-refundable reservations, as you said you were thinking about it.

I’ve worked with vacationers for over 20 years in my primary business. I’ve found that it is not uncommon for people to become reckless and careless when they are 2500 miles from home and on vacation. Add open flame to the mix and disaster isn’t out of the question.

I’m doing what I feel is best for my situation.

1 Like

The average person is not very fire-savvy. I wouldn’t trust guests with fire of any kind.

I just can’t stop picturing Beavis and Butthead going “Fire, fire, fire, fire…”

3 Likes

That was exactly where I was coming from. Cornholio!!!

1 Like

Do you not have an oven or stove?

But, seriously, the fire pit is in my backyard. These hapless wild-eyed guests that @Skai is describing is just not going to happen at my listing. I live in the same building. I usually even start the fire for the guests as you said

and don’t even know how to properly start a fire. City Slickers. And I am almost always actually sitting at the fire with the guests. When I’m not sitting there, I’m 100 feet away with a view of it outside my window. It’s different for everyone. I completely understand why some hosts wouldn’t be comfortable with guests using a fire pit so surely you can understand why some hosts would be comfortable with it.

And I’d like to add that actually the average person is as fire-savvy (other than knowing how to build one) as the average host. Everyone has been taught the dangers of fire. Not knowing that is just not a thing. People are typically very careful with fire.

1 Like

I imagine this is standard. I NEVER refund if Airbnb ASKS me to. I ONLY give refunds to guests that I have either discussed it with them already and the requirements for such. ETA to finish the either or with: or if a guest deserves one in my eyes (for example, I left the listing unsecured after dropping off dog crates for a guest and he just let me know very low key like…since I have a $50 unsecured house fee I refunded him the $50 for my failure to follow the house rule for him.

I have many more requests for refund after they have arrived and/or left than I do before so other than when Airbnb takes it from me without asking i think that what the non-refundable option would get me is a little more ground to stand on with the guest at least and maybe fewer requests even attempted because they know they already got “a discount” (although I would have raised my listing at least the 10% to cover it so would help me even more.

I actually had been calculating it and am thinking about doing it for my shared house listing for the new year or even now to include the Holidays (I do have about 9 days “blocked” by an extra $100 added to the $38 rate) but still waiting until the summer for the whole house listings.I only raised my base a dollar last month so certainly have plenty of room to test with at least 10% more and still be very competitive.

Thinking it “out loud” here I actually think doing it for the private room will help me to “learn” the likely nuances and glitches that will likely come with Airbnb’s new program. Risking a $38/night with $21 cleaning fee vice a $55 or $70/night with $55 or $65 cleaning fee seems prudent. I also will likely have opportunities to discuss the guest’s POV and thoughts about having been presented the option and their thought process as to why they chose whichever one they did.

1 Like

I am looking forward to your testing and hope you will update here! :slightly_smiling_face:

Certainly! I wouldn’t even think otherwise!

1 Like

If you are there to monitor the situation, that’s of course different than guests being left to their own devices. And you are correct- I said the average person isn’t savvy about fire, that includes hosts. Most people have been taught fire safety, but that doesn’t mean they’ve ever had any or much experience with fire. I’ve lived with wood stoves much of my life and done a lot of camping, but that isn’t true of most people. They might think that kicking some dirt over a camp fire or sprinkling a little water on it is all that’s needed.
I read a post from one host once whose guests used all the decorative driftwood she had specifically placed around in her garden to burn up in the firepit.