Weirdest Thing Guests Left Behind

Was the knife from your kitchen or theirs?

Many people live with irrational fear. Putting a knife under the mattress gives them a feeling of control and safety.

1 Like

A disposable diaper used hidden behind a curtain and a bottle of flammable liquid to fill lighters, among other things, left by the same guest.

Panties and tightie whities

About 100 packs of individually wrapped dried sea weed with Japanese branding. Enough to fill an entire trash bag.

1 Like

Cleaners found this in a drawer in our tv console a week ago. Unsure how long itā€™s been there. Went unclaimed.

3 Likes

That is a good find!

1 Like

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. It was a super fun read!

In the category of weird stuff left behind by a guest:

I found my 6-quart stainless-steel bowl in the refrigerator around half-full of congealed bacon grease. Itā€™s weird enough to find that much grease, but the guests didnā€™t cook any bacon in my house.

In the category of leaving my stuff in weird places:

I found the remote to the sound bar from living room TV in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom.

Honorable mention: All of the books (around 40) from the bookshelves in two of the bedrooms were stacked on top of the dresser in the master bedroom. The guests were religious and had three boys with them ages 12, 14, and 17. They removed the books from the boysā€™ bedrooms so they couldnā€™t read them. The books were all crime fiction and political fiction and only about half were English, the rest were in German.

1 Like

Your honest cleaners are a treasure! Also, if those are all ones I can only imagine that your place was rented by someone who gets a lot of single dollar tipsā€¦:wink:

5 Likes

Or someone planning to go to the strip club :joy:

is that 500$? I was only left Ā£10 twice youā€™re so lucky. People left other useful things like shampoos, deodorants, creams, a diesel t-shirt, expensive perfume, cigarettes, shoes, rain jacket, normal menā€™s jacket, expensive gin, loads of beers, cider, food

1 Like

I have an little amenities box with things like toothpaste and razors in case people forget. I ask $2 each so I can replace as needed. I include some female hygiene pads. So one guest opened one of the packages and a few are missing, but instead of paying they left another package of more (again opened with some missing). Now another guest has left more pads (again package open some missing). Iā€™m growing this huge selection of open packages of these things. As a gay male I have no idea what to do. Iā€™m told women appreciate having them available, but having open packages of them seems weird to me. But their they are. Three packages now.

4 Likes

In the packages I buy the pads are individually wrapped so I just take a few out and leave them in a drawer along with a tampon and those are also wrapped or two. An opened box shouldnā€™t be an issue.

1 Like

Yes it is. Looks like someone knows what that looks like in 1ā€™s :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy:

4 Likes

The weirdest thingā€¦
A guy stayed at our place 4 nights, and left doilies under our vases. Very nice doilies made from velvet with embroidery and lace trim.

5 Likes

I wish :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Real reason I know is from the way theyā€™re band together :sweat_smile: paper bills start from Ā£5(7$) here. Ā£1 and Ā£2 is coins. Not sure if they throw coins at strip clubs here :face_with_monocle::crazy_face::joy:

3 Likes

I taught Government in high school here in the US and each term would use our usage of $1 bills as an example of something the government wastes millions of dollars on each year. And someone would always bring up the problem of what would be used in strip clubs if we eliminated $1 bills? (My answer of course: $5 bills and why are you jerks so cheap? $1 when I was in high school is equivalent to $6 now. )

4 Likes

Not weird, but Iā€™ve gone back six guests to find who the owner is of a manā€™s Nautica brand navy blue with red lining jacket belongs to. Housekeeper just noticed it last Friday. Nobody claimsā€¦so off to the thrift store it goes. (else I go back to March bookingsā€¦)

An acquaintance left her fathers tax return, Social Security numbers and all, which I found in the hall closet 1.5 months later.

A pair of Union Jack menā€™s bikini underwear.

A very life like ā€œpinkā€ thing with strapsā€¦

1 Like