Washing duvet covers between every guest?

I think this one doesn’t contain spelling errors, LOL

Anyway, I’m not trying to argue/disagree with you at all, I just don’t want you to think my place is gross. :slight_smile: Most of these sites regarding triple sheeting suggest putting the duvet or blanket on the bed without a cover at all; we put the duvet in a duvet cover and then triple sheet, so I have an additional layer I can wash. The bed can get taken apart by guests, however, so there are occasions where I think everything needs to get washed more frequently…the cover or the insert itself (longer stays for sure, and if it appears to be a mess).

For whatever reason, my husband, who is the launderer (and does a darn good job I might add), HATES laundering the duvet cover every time, he seems to think it’s easier to launder the extra sheet. We both hate stuffing the duvet back into the cover (I’m just lousy at it and have no desire to improve my skill) although our regular cleaner doesn’t care which way she does it. She finds putting the duvet or blanket or whatever the insert is back into the cover a breeze. We are hoping to do some re-configuring and have her start doing the laundry too, and at that point maybe we’ll just switch to swapping out the duvet cover every single time. Anyway, I know you disagree, but I swear you wouldn’t find our place unclean!!!

2 Likes

And probably no one here is going to be staying with you so I wouldn’t worry about it.

2 Likes

Yeah, the other one is a blog post, which we’d prefer not to have on the forum.

1 Like

Shoot I’m sorry, I guess I’m doing everything wrong. I’ll go back to my cave now.

Lol! You didn’t know! No worries and no cave necessary! :rofl:

1 Like

I wash all sheets and duvet covers and the pillow protector underneath every time.

Pillows really need to stay hygenic- people are breathing right into them, so its not enough just to change pillow cases.
I notice that at various places I have stayed- I hate icky old pillows/ I sometimes travel with pillow liners.

1 Like

That reminds me…I stayed in one the Hyatts at the DFW airport last summer, the mid tier one. It was nice and about 2-3x what I would normally pay for a hotel. They don’t have pillow protectors on their pillows and I noticed one of my pillows was yellow stained in the corner and I pulled it partway out of the pillowcase to have a good look. My roommate and I agreed it looked like someone had been sucking on it. I took a picture to share with you all but after coming back from my trip and having 100s of pictures to sift through it wasn’t a priority anymore.

Quite a few of my guests travel with their own pillows and some have linens with them as well.

Ah, thank you!! At last I’ve discovered what this famous/infamous triple-sheeting actually is! I realise now that I have experienced it in hotels and I hate it - it makes me feel imprisoned and I have to go round untucking everything and pulling the covers up round my ears before I can sleep.

Although I’m a wash-everything after every guest host I have to say that personally I never give a thought to bed hygiene when I’m staying somewhere. I prefer there to be a minimum of visible stains but I’ve stayed in enough African village huts and crappy youth hostels in my time to be grateful that there’s a bed and a warm blanket and not to be very bothered about who’s used it before me!

7 Likes

I wash every time. You know, cooties

So gross, totally agree

I’m with you there about youthful experiences – except for that minor scabies incident from staying in that hut on that island on Lake Titicaca, Peru! I was the only person in the Miami airport that June wearing a long-sleeved raincoat; I was afraid they’d see the spots and not let me back in!

2 Likes

Axe is way better than teen boy BO! I swear puberty doubles the stink.

Gary

ewww I would not want to sleep in someone else’s dirty linen .

2 Likes

I can never tell when Jam is joking. This might be one of those times.

1 Like

That was from about 2 years ago. I now wash the doona/duvet cover in between guests.

In fact I spend the ten minutes it takes to put it back on, usually inside the doona cover, in quiet contemplation, that this is not where I saw my life going.

I swear this by all that is clean and holy.

3 Likes

Isn’t Jam Australian? If so, many would agree it’s difficult to know if we’re joking or serious because our sense-of-the-ridiculous is a bit wonky and perchance, on occasion ridiculous.

1 Like

Ah yes, as an Australian I have no problem with English humour, but some American stuff I just don’t get!

2 Likes

You ozzies are awesome and you all crack me up!

1 Like

Some of our sayings
:-1 Harpic as a nickname - because he is clean around the bend!
:- some one is a bit slow - a few kangaroos short in the top paddock
Or - not the sharpest pencil in the box

My favourite- as flash as a rat with a gold tooth

My Ozzie bestie @emily made me feel sooooo much better when I shared my story of guests freaked out by a few harmless Hawaii rolly pollies. She said, they better not come down under where we have poisonous everything—, snakes, spiders, etc. I never refund for nature’s gifts. :joy::joy:

Thanks @emily ! :grinning::two_hearts: