Unneccssary friction

i see humans being humans, as you say, just like on any forum. and again, you perceive an attack where there is simply an opinion stated. this is your perception, i don’t share it.

We should get T-shirts…

2 Likes

I like “scroll, don’t troll” but that’s my lyrical bent coming out. Hum … I have been wanting to quote that lately. Guess that’s why I deleted my Facebook app. :+1:

3 Likes

I like your posts Magwitch. I find you helpful. Some people are STILL twats. Haha

1 Like

:rofl: Where’s @PuppyLover? She’s good at these things. She even designed my headstone :flushed:

2 Likes

Aw thanks, that’s really nice to hear! I’ve learned loads from this forum and had some right old laughs along the way. We can moan as much as we like but it is, hands down, the best place for straight talking and sharing.

5 Likes

As requested:

7 Likes

here’s mine

10 Likes

Or maybe we could get coffee cups. I want mine to say “biggest twat.”

3 Likes

No, no, no! Your’s should be Top Twat…

:musical_score: Top Twat! The most effectual Top Twat
whose intellectual close friends get to call her (K)KC…
Providing it’s with dignity
Top Twat! She’s the boss, she’s the championship, she’s the most tip top
Top Twat! :musical_score:

:laughing: :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Hmm, that does have a nice ring to it and I like the alliteration. Nice classic tune which I’ll now be humming tunelessly under my breath the rest of the week.

3 Likes

Glad you like it. I adored TC when I was a kid. In fact, I think he was my first crush!

1 Like

I learned some time ago that if you show up on a forum there’s going to be some know it all uckwit for glories in their own "method and overstates their ability. I just treat it as background noise, but I know some people are put off from posting. I completely avoid expat forums for the same reason. State your option and the trolls show up to prove you wrong… Annoying. The stated goal of this forum is to connect hosts to hosts to offer support…
So Posters, please keep that in mind when you decide to ram your opinion down someone’s throat…

1 Like

The stated goal is to connect hosts. It’s not a support group. Please direct me to where it’s stated that the goal is to offer support.

If a purported host posts here (and we don’t verify, we just take someone’s word for it. An anti Airbnb troll or vindictive guest could easily pose as a host) and makes hosts look bad, do we really want to support them? Do we want to see like we are all a united front, that we all run our places in the same way?

2 Likes

Don’t know who you are but you totally proved my point… Argumentative could be Yr middle name…

1 Like

It must be hard to be so unhappy all the time.

3 Likes

I think you mean that it feels that way to you. But it’s not really possible through the internet (or TV, or books, or art or photos…).

3 Likes

I also thought this was a support forum…for the past 4.5 years ,…
I came here because I didn’t know how to handle a situation with invasive guests and they were my 1 guests who stayed for more than 2 weeks .
Fortunately for me this forum was very different from what it is now . We had back than One lady who was on everyone’s case but she left fast and then there was one guy who drove everyone nuts but he was funny at the same time …This forum was fun …we had many laughs …and definitely lots of support .
Everyyone brought here their sad stories and noone told anyone that no such stories exist and this is our fault that these guests actually happen to us .

2 Likes

Here ya go @Magwitch, yours and @Yana’s comments have been restored.

1 Like

Thank you. After eight years of good hosting I have been removed from the list because of one guest’s complaint. Airbnb gives me no credit although I have a witness of the incident plus 8 years of a good record. Where can I go to find support?