Unique web address

Yes, I bet! I admit I laugh when ever I see your word cloud with Dusty as the most prominent word…and think, man people must think that host never dusts anything. Lol :kissing_heart:

1 Like

It’s a great way to reinforce the underpromise/overdeliver theme.

3 Likes

John, perhaps I could enlist your help in dealing with my cheapskate…er…frugal retired Florida nurses?

:grin:

I heard about this, but I never got an email. Is there a direct page yet?

not for a couple of days

This seems like a remarkable opportunity for StompyWalkersBasement.
That’s a catchy web address.

https://airhostsforum.com/t/stompy-walker-another-noise-complaint/31602

9 Likes

Is “/twat” already taken or have you checked yet?:rofl:

3 Likes

You sure you want to advertise a dusty house? I know it’s Dusty’s house. Just sayin. edit: (saw your underpromise/overdeliver comment after posting. funny.)

2 Likes

OK, please can someone explain to me why this is exciting? I don’t get it :frowning:

You almost had me hooked there, until I noticed “retired” :wink:

JF

1 Like

I got the email yesterday, I have no intention of using it. I see no benefit to my business by sending business to Air. For a host who has no intentions of developing their business outside of Air then I guess sending your SOP (sphere of influence) contacts to Air may result in bookings, but it makes no sense to me.

RR

2 Likes

I also see a serious downside to my business. Someone searches for my business and then they are directed AWAY to Air. No thanks

RR

7 Likes

RR, good point. I have a website for our home and it has done surprisingly well for it’s first year. The last thing I want is to tie my home name to ABB for booking. If someone finds me on ABB and books that way, great. If they find my direct site, then that is wonderful! The last thing I want is for them to find my direct site and be steered away.

6 Likes

I wonder if that’s intentional on Air’s part. Let your marketing work for them.

6 Likes

Yes, I’m quite certain it is.

4 Likes

It would be hard to believe that it’s not. I see no benefit for this host. Their are plenty of hosts who will be happy to never get a direct booking and keep air in the middle though.

RR

1 Like

Direct booking is huge risk in case of damages, etc.

Probably not so much in the US but anybody else working with international tourists will be happy to have middleman that can charge for damages

Who would that be? Air? ok…

RR

3 Likes

I’d rather be the one collecting an actual security deposit and deciding how much (if any) gets returned than have Airbnb’s fake security deposit.

3 Likes

Again. Maybe it works in US (I am pretty sure most of the US hosts use security deposit) but other parts of the world have hard time with any kind of security deposit (it gets avoided like a plague).

and only thing you are left with is a direct charge on the card. Since that requires at least some sort of authorization, most of the hosts are out of luck.

So, Airbnb is a last resort.

2 Likes