UK hosts, EU nationals and no deal Brexit

Oh really? I am reminded of a reply on another forum in response to someone saying “we all need to come together now and make this work”. It is a long post but worthy of a read, imo. I have highlighted the part that is most relevant to your point.

"Erm no.

Don’t you dare try and drag me in to owning any of what is about to happen. The ‘brexiteers’ have had almost four years to provide some means of uniting this country on a direction of travel acceptable for all that would involve compromises from all. They chose not to. It was all or nothing to you. “We won, you lost, 17.4 million, accept it, shut up, TRAITOR”.

They could have involved formed a cross nation collective to examine a collaborative and unifying means of leaving the EU. They instead chose to own it all within the Tory/UKIP/Brexit Party/Vote Leave faction. Look at the resignation speech of Nick Boles who implored compromise from his colleagues for EFTA. Everything that would have meant legally leaving the EU but remaining economically close was labelled as “not brexit”.

They tried to lock parliament out of the process. Instead they lost legal challenge after legal challenge and called anyone who dared question their illegal tactics as a traitor or enemy of the people. Business and experts in fields told to eff off.

They chose to use 3 million people - EU citizens including my partner who work bloody hard in this country and pay massive amounts in tax - as a bargaining chip. For years they have lived with continuous uncertainty over their future. All they have right now is an opportunity to apply for settled status that provides a digital receipt. This will be Windrush 2 in a few years time. People on this very forum who have since scuttled away under some rock said words like “tough” and “if they don’t like it here then they can leave” when we had that ridiculous initial application process a few years ago and I raised the issue of people not having comprehensive health insurance because it wasn’t required or not having kept old bills and tenancy agreements as proof of having lived here from the date they might declare.

For three years anyone that voted to remain in this country has been frozen out of the process. More of us voted against the brexiteers in the EU elections and it meant nothing. More of us voted against the Tories and Brexit party in 2019 and it meant nothing. You have chosen to strip my rights away for literally NOTHING concrete in return. Anything and everything that goes against YOUR narrative of blind optimism is labeled as ‘Project Fear’ or ‘not believing in Britain’. On LBC on Friday the presenter there was saying quite clearly that the type of ‘leave’ we now have (i.e. hard) is the fault of remainers because we didn’t accept the vote. And yet it totally ignores the huge number of ultra right wing tories who voted down the May agreement including hello our fat slob ‘PM’. Its just so blatant that the cataclysm coming is going to be blamed on everyone but the liars and the sheep that believed them who got us in this position. Those who cannot think for themselves are slowly being conditioned over who to pin the blame on.

And then the thing is, the brexiteers don’t even have the intelligence to tell us what they want to ‘unite’ behind other than moronic statements. ‘Sovereignty’. ‘Making our own laws’ but can’t name a single one they disagree with. ‘Human rights’ that has nothing to do with the EU. ‘Immigrants stealing houses, jobs and benefits’. Why the hell should I listen to frankly thick as sh*t knuckle draggers and go along with their idiocy in the name of unity? The racist scum who I and any decent person would cross the street to avoid. You think I should work with that pondlife? That I should lower my intelligence level and critical thinking and blindly listen to people who can barely string a sentence together?

I’m 33 years old. The effects of that vote in 2016 are going to affect the rest of my life, certainly the rest of my working life. By and large people like me - young, educated, earning decent money and who have done everything they can to make a decent life for themselves, moving round the country for work and making the most of the opportunities of life - are the ones that are going to have to do EVERYTHING to keep this country going. I don’t have the luxury of being able to apply for a passport of any other country unlike the hypocrites like Farage so I can’t just escape. Do you think its going to be the OAPs and pensioners or those on low incomes who mostly wanted this are going to be the ones that are going to be doing much to dig in for the county over the next fifty years? Even the threat of losing a £150 TV licence gets them whinging. The young who mostly wanted none of this are the ones who are going to suffer this and by god in time we will reverse it.

You wanted Brexit? You own it. ALL OF IT. "

And here are some examples of your “common sense” Leavers:

https://twitter.com/Kishan_Devani/status/1223325803070611457

https://twitter.com/GstarFreedom/status/1223406447716982790

And there’s plenty more. Here is a particularly lovely example:

https://twitter.com/uturantekin/status/1223291381071990785

7 Likes

WOW! - jumps into slit trench, jams his helmet on his head and covers his ears waiting for the sh*t-storm!

1 Like

Lmfao
With Italexit, Nexit, Gilets jaunes, German industrial crisis etc on the cards remoaners may be reduced to rejoining an imaginary EU friend.

LOL!! You were right to protect yourself - we got called “remoaners” :sob: :fearful:
That’s me chastened with such a powerful argument.

2 Likes