TP - new rolls required w/ each guest?

@KarenWV, you asked about tissues.

We buy the square boxes of tissues, and each one that guests have access to is in a cleanable tissue box cover (which means no fabric-covered tissue box covers). The cover gets cleaned off between guests. One bath has a copper cover, one has a ceramic cover, and the two guest bedrooms have ceramic covers. The family room tissue box also has a ceramic cover.

So no guest ever touches the actual tissue box. Since the tissues come out one at a time, I don’t think leaving a partial box for a new guest is unsanitary.

As others have said, we always start each guest’s stay with a new roll of toilet paper on the roll.

3 Likes

Tissues in every room, including the hall!
I don’t want them not having something for a spill of ANY type. I also have paper serviettes in the kitchen - they get used a lot.

3 Likes

I do the same thing. Put in a new one take home the old one. After I spray it with alcohol first. Just kidding

1 Like

Graphic maybe but now you have me thinking I will need to move the kleenex closer to the bed. And yuck…

2 Likes

Ah, B&S, the things we hate to think about in our STRs. Very good point! I have tissues in every room, except the kitchen and dining room.

1 Like

Thanks @HH_AZ and that’s a very nice bathroom set up!

1 Like

Interesting discussion on the details. Post-COVID, I switched from paper napkins to cloth napkins in napkin rings. I was imagining someone sneezing, grabbing a paper napkin from the holder, blowing their nose, grabbing another napkin with the nose-blowing hand. Then the next person comes along, maybe to wipe their mouth or blow their nose. You can drive yourself crazy, and very unlikely to transmit anything given days in between guests, but I feel better with the washable cloth napkins.

2 Likes

I have provided both paper and cloth - the cloth are rarely used. I set out a supply of paper napkins for guests this weekend. I’m thinking of packaging them in small quantities (25) in ziplock bags, then they can open what they need with less waste.

I agree that w/ the number of days between guests, we are unlikely to be transmitting the virus. I have not stayed in an Airbnb since the lockdown, but if I did I would never rely on a host to protect me against this virus.

1 Like

If I provided napkins I’d get a napkin dispenser that could be cleaned and would protect the stack of napkins. Amazon.com

@KKC you’re brilliant. Order placed. That’s why I love this forum. I appreciate your ideas and your help!

1 Like

My snooty half always supplies new for guests, but my frugal half uses the remainder at home. Or I use it during the cleaning itself - wiping mirrors etc.

My frugal half leaves three loo rolls per stay regardless of length of stay. This is self-catering so I expect guests to shop! (But I will always provide more if they ask.) The snooty side provides tissues by the bed and cloth napkins in the kitchen.

1 Like

You’re welcome! Always happy to help a real host.

1 Like

Can I get fries with that? :wink:

1 Like

fries

2 Likes