Today I'm listening to

Thought, as a topic, I’d give this a spin. Only rule is no shite.

:wink:

Sitting in my plaza, with a cold Estrella listening to Jock Rock, this is on just now:

Enjoy.

JF

1 Like

Aww, a band a forgotten!

Today I’m listening to the new Bright Eyes album, Down in the Weeds Where the World Once Was Here’s a Thin Lizzy Cover those of you who like oldies may appreciate.

But I’m listening to the new one today.

3 Likes

Brilliant. Phil Lynott was such a talent.

So, I’ll raise you a wee friend of my youngest daughter, and it is again Jock Rock(ish). I use that term for any artist that emanates from Scotland, irrespective of genre :grin:

JF

2 Likes

My own piano recordings on Facebook. I post a recorded song every day.

1 Like

Would you be willing to share?

JF

Bishop Briggs is great and it must be great fun for your daughter to know her.

I’m listening to a phone conference where engineering is explaining why they are behind on getting their work done and marketing is explaining why our product won’t be successful if we don’t add a ton of additional features.

Wait… sorry… that was shite, wasn’t it?

4 Likes

Aye.

As penance we’ll expect some good tunes, within 24hrs, or you’ll be forever consigned to…

:wink:

JF

2 Likes

West and Central Scotland is a hotbed of good music. Here’s another one, from someone who, along with her sister, are deffo not friends with either of my daughters! Girls, eh!

JF

1 Like

@JohnF, are you asking me?

Damn right. The only instrument I play is a bodhran, and if I’m honest, I’m no’ braw as we say in Scotland!

But I do my best :smile: and nobody smaller than me has yet to complain.

I’ll concede, it’s a bit of a silly topic for an STR forum, but hey ho, that’s fora for you.

If it’s good enough for Facebook, then it’s good enough for here but would understand if you didn’t want to.

JF

1 Like

@JohnF, I just started a Youtube channel and am uploading videos to it. Easier to find them than on FB. I’ll message you a link when I have a number of them published there.

I am strictly an amateur, and nothing is perfect. I started posting a song a day on March 30, 2020, to entertain FB friends who were so bummed out by world events. Also because I am terrified by an audience, so this is one way I’m trying to get past that.

3 Likes

Been there. I found alcohol helped, but unfortunately the ability to hold the beat diminished exponentially with the amount consumed.

Ultimately, I decided I was never going to be a top performing celtic music percussionist.

JF

2 Likes

Well, I opened YouTube Music on my phone and this is the first song that played

followed by: DNCE - Cake by the Ocean, Van Halen - Right Now, and Darude - Sandstorm

5 Likes

For some reason Nina Simone keeps popping up in my Pandora mix and every movie I’ve watched on Netflix lately.

Feeling Good

Put a spell on you

Etta James too. BTW Beyoncé played her in the movie Cadillac Records. She is one of the few who could do an Etta James song justice

4 Likes

Ok. I think there are two kinds of people:

1. Those with a musical talent who when they share their light brings joy to others

2. People who’s role is to enjoy and be blessed by the music others share (this would be me-tone deaf and if I sing and it the correct note, it is a complete accident)

1 Like

https://crooked.com/podcast-series/pod-save-america/

2 Likes

This Ella Fitzgerald classic “Love for Sale” is my default first song on itunes. My mom was a huge fan of hers and I became one as well…who couldn’t love her tone?

3 Likes

One of the minor irritating things about living in Spain was the fact I couldn’t get Planet Rock on my Internet radio. I missed listening to Nights with Alice :confused:

Over the past few weeks, the company (Bauer Media) who own the rights Planet Rock have now allowed it to be broadcast outside the UK.

Happy camper now :blush:

JF

3 Likes

Given enough beer and my best fitting jeans & boots—nothing is better than Lyn Skn- FREE BIRD

2 Likes