To the many readers - the petty princess wants to stay again!

Does the “report a user” on the profile and the teal “report” on a message thread give the same options? A month ago when I blocked someone the block option wasn’t there and then I messaged airbnb about it and they replied and then the option appeared. I don’t know if they went in and changed something to give me the option or it didn’t appear until I cancelled the reservation.

I haven’t had another cause to use it and I don’t want to accidentally report someone who hasn’t done anything wrong. I think I already did that once…eeeee.

If it were me, I would not take the chance of getting a less than 5 star review from her again as it might affect future bookings. I would definitely deny her.

Is that like the Do Not Resuscitate list? :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, but as a direct booking she can’t review me.

1 Like

What a wonderful situation to be in! I would be very wary but in the end would make a financial not an emotional decision (I think…) Like that she can’t review you if you book direct but as you met her thru Airbnb I would only do the booking thru Airbnb. BUT… I would ping her on the price…

Had blocked her on Airbnb, when blocking was available :slightly_frowning_face:, I have the largest houses in town and she then tried to book on another platform that was simple to cancel as the dates were all ready taken. I will keep everyone updated when we have a conversation at the end of the month.
She will have to pay my best price in full and in advance and as this is a direct booking I really don’t care what she says because the only other place in town is a trailer park and Miss Petty Princess wouldn’t be seen dead there! And she knows I will have no problem renting them out as this is the biggest weekend of the year.

2 Likes

@Mary - Why would you only do the booking through AirBnB? People have rented out their homes for years and years without the help of “Big Brother AirBnB”.

I suggest to repeat guests that they book directly with us - I raise my price a bit compared to my AirBnB rates, but they still save money. I make more but they pay less. It’s a good old-fashioned win-win!

3 Likes

And no review! Wooo hoooo

Up the price to recoup your loss from last booking.

Hell to the no, to the no-no-nohhhh!

Hell No…sooo sad!,

My view is if we meet a guest through Airbnb it’s not ethical to then book them outside the system. I am not opposed to outside bookings but I do respect sources…

I think most hosts and guests would feel it perfectly ethical to book directly after an initial booking with Airbnb.

Airbnb is paid a commission for the booking it introduces to the host.

If the guest decides to stay again it is because of the service the hosts provides and the quality of the accommodation provided.

7 Likes

@Mary -
I’m with Helsi. AirBnB is a service provider, not a friend whose feelings I want to protect. This is business - if I get value from the services they provide, I pay for them. If not, I don’t.

AirBnB provides me advertising - to make the introduction. For the initial booking, it provides the guest protection in case my listing is not as advertised - and free cancellation if they have (or claim) an extenuating circumstance. It also provides both parties a little leverage on making the other behave with the threat (or reward) of the review system.

After the first stay, I don’t need the advertising, and I probably don’t need the leverage of the review to have them behave (or I would not want them back). The guest is the one that gets the most value out of the AirBnB booking for the repeat - they still get the trip cancellation insurance that they would otherwise have to go out and buy. But most of them won’t even think about that - they’ll just look at the price and see it is lower.

5 Likes

be polite but short - say
thankyou for your enquiry - as we established on your first guest stay here - we are not the right place for you - can I recommend x y hotel in the area that are better suited to accommodate your requirements - good luck with your search and have a lovely trip

There will s nothing left to apart from the trailer park!

well then just leave that bit out - you dont have to host someone if you dont want to -

Hello from beautiful Montana,

Since it is going to be a busy weekend, just stall until you are full. We reserve the right to turn people down.

Good luck,

Judy Helm Wright–Author/Publisher/Intuitive Wise Woman

As many have said here, I’d adjust the rate so no matter what she does/says, I’d be happy. Additionally, before she actually comes, I’d have her contact AirBnB and see what can be done about her former review. Perhaps they’d let her ‘modify’ it a bit.

1 Like

I would only do it as a direct booking. If, for some reason, she wants to go through Airbnb, I’d tell her you can’t afford to have her stay, due to the fact that she can’t be trusted to give you 5 stars, and I would remind her that this is your livelihood she’s f-ing with!

2 Likes