To the many readers - the petty princess wants to stay again!

Yes - the Jacaranda festival. The Asian tourists who visit have absolutely no interest in the festival- they come just for the trees and last years that I have been hosting I was busy from the first flowering towhen the blossoms dropped

My only concern is that this PITA guest thinks that by making a direct booking she will be getting a discount and that if you put price up then she will report you to Airbnb. Why donā€™t you put your Air prices up now and then explain to her thatā€™s the automatic increase due to high demand in the area and she will also incur a 10% fee for contract prep and additional insurance as she requested a direct booking.

I would also state that you are pleased but surprised to her from her after you generously extended yourself last time with child, early checkin etc and she left you your only ever 4 star review and complained about a leaf. There is nothing wrong with direct and respectful feedback. Better now than after she checks in and starts complaining. If she canā€™t accept your feedback, she wonā€™t book.

Edited: Would you mind reviewing how you blocked her ā€“ was it the thumbs down before you hit submit a review, or did you do it afterwards? I recently had a couple and while they were really fine, their personality just got on my nerves and I thought Iā€™d really not like to have them again. I edited this because I found where I can block them afterwards but think I read theyā€™ll know that I did. Is that correct? Iā€™d rather them just not see the property and not be informed as they werenā€™t awful, just not my cup of tea. Talked waaaaaay to much. I use instant book so I canā€™t prevent them from booking again.

3 Likes

How do you block? I need to block a nasty Canadian Superho who trashed me right left front and center after being nice to my face and proclaiming she was easy going.

2 Likes

There you go @konacoconutz

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

1 Like

Wow that is amazing. Never knew it was on the international map

Usually with direct bookings I take off the AirBnB fee. And if they are regulars a bit more. Money is money and it is not like she trashed your home, except in the review. And she canā€™t leave a review. If I needed the money, and I always do, Iā€™d accept her booking at the AirBnB price less 5% discount. But if you think you can easily get an alternate booking then give her the flick. If she asks why then say politely ā€œbased on your previous review I feel my place is not right for you.ā€

1 Like

There will be no discount! Why would I short myself when I know this will be booked no matter what.

1 Like

Why would she report her to AirBnB? AirBnB has nothing to do with this, the initial contact for this booking was not trough AirBnB but trough another website.

Because you are not supposed to do bookings outside of Airbnb for Airbnb clients is my understanding. Calm down @Chris Iā€™m just trying to help

2 Likes

That is not true.
There is no such thing as an ā€œAirBnB clientā€.

If a guests sends an inquiry or booking requests, AirBnB does not like it when you lead the guest outside to a direct booking. But for a returning guest, AirBnB cannot force you to use their platform again. They do not own you or the guest.

Even for the initial booking, the guests is allowed to do what they want. If they send their initial inquiry through AirBnB but finds that you have better rates on bookingdotcom. AirBnB cannot force you or your guest to still book trough AirBnB.

Do you always go to the same grocery store? What would you think of when the owner of the store told you that once you buy milk in their store, you are not to buy milk anywhere else for your whole lifeā€¦

3 Likes

The inquiry was from another site. No Air contact at all for this trip

Perhaps bollocks is what you mean :grin:

Perhaps. Where is auto-correct when I need it? :flushed:

1 Like

Iā€™m with Joan ! Love it

But they have now disabled the blocking feature. Itā€™s no longer possible to block other users.

1 Like

I blocked someone as recently as a month ago but when Iā€™ve tried to find the menu to direct someone else to it, it wasnā€™t there. It will be irritating as hell to have to cancel on someone who I could have blocked from booking

1 Like

Gosh, I hope I never have to worry about this. Sounds like itā€™s rare.

I have canceled two reservations and blocked both of those people afterwords. Iā€™ve blocked another one or two people whose bookings were completed but I donā€™t want them to stay again. There are a couple more I blocked after their inquiry. I think thatā€™s it out of 500+/4 years however, I also didnā€™t learn how to block until a year or so ago. @Como pointed out it was an option under the report function. I can only guess that now that so many hosts are using it Airbnb got complaints from guests so now theyā€™ve removed it? Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s completely gone or only there in certain circumstances.

1 Like

Itā€™s gone. I can only report a user and the reasons are very limited. If itā€™s something other than the Airbnb choices you have to send a detailed message. Makes it harder on hosts.