The stupidest guest

@muddy - My mind has jumped the track and is now brainstorming movie titles.

@Mountainhost - I don’t wish him, or anyone, dead. I do however wish him to be honest, responsible, and to act with humanity and decency befitting his position. The last four years have been a disgrace. I have to agree with @RiverRock.

6 Likes

Please send us an american translation of up to an ear and a tail and whats a night sesh?

Can I lighten the mood a bit with a “if only” :wink:

4 Likes

Okay, not the ICU then. What there could be are special facilities where Maga hat anti-lockdown anti-maskers are sent when they get COVID. Their treatment consists of someone dressed in a nurse’s or doctor’s uniform passing by their bed several times a day saying “Guess you shoulda worn a mask and stayed away from those super spreader events, huh?”

4 Likes

Oh, I do. I’m not someone who believes that wishing an evil person who has harmed untold others dead is some kind of bad karma.
Most people would love to see him locked up in prison for the rest of his life, and while I admit that would be satisfying, why should taxpayers have to pay to feed and house that POS. Dying of COVID gasping for breath would have been a fitting end for the guy.

2 Likes

He’s your president, not mine, but he has substantial investments in Scotland by way of golf courses and hotels. He’s been happy to take UK government money to keep them going, and due to his construction work in Aberdeenshire, he has managed to destroy the natural habitat of several types of wildlife.

So, I don’t have the full “dog”, just some, and an ear and a tail sounded appropriate.

“Sesh” = UK colloquialism for session, as in drinking, partying and generally having a good time.

:grin:

JF

3 Likes

Some of these candles have a very waxy feel on the outside. Stupid guests are frustrating, but sometimes what is obvious to us just isn’t to a guest. My problem with these candles is that they were left on all night and I was going through batteries like crazy.

Rechargeable batteries. I have about 30 NiMH batteries in various sizes, and the charger stays busy. It does mean that every turnover means changing batteries in devices just in case.

2 Likes

That one you see in the pic, has two modes: permanent light or switching off after some hours. I blocked the permanant switch with a little paper. so the candle switchs off after a while (2 or 3 hours ? dont remember). I bought at Walmart, something about 2 or 3 USD

1 Like

We were discussing this last week, on the basis that none of the teachers we know have had the usual coughs, sniffles and colds that usually accompany the return to school.

A friend who usually suffers like crazy, mainly because she used to teach 16 to 20 students, in a small classroom, is almost ecstatic! She’s decided to carry on wearing a mask, even when at some point in the future it becomes unnecessary :mask:

JF

1 Like

Good idea. I use five in a fireplace so this would really help once I invested in enough.

Christine, I wonder if that is what was happening with mine? I bought some for my house and the NC house and the NC ones didn’t last a NY minute. I just brought them back home and will use them here.

I read another person’s comment somewhere else that said “I can’t believe I let people breathe on me all these years. I love masks!!!” I have to agree that there are some good parts to social distancing.
(1) No one bumps into you or steps on your heels at stores anymore
(2) Masks are kinda nice - less makeup, and no one but me knows I have coffee breath
(3) Clear your throat or sneeze = 20 foot space allllll to yourself. Unintentionally, of course :wink:

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of much of what we have had to do, and I especially hate the divisiveness of those who abide and those that blow it all off, let alone the anxiety they cause.

But with that said, I do NOT miss:

• shaking hands with anyone you’re just meeting or saying goodbye to;

• hugging / kissing people you’re not especially close with.

Those are two things that I hope never come back in style.

3 Likes

Umm, don’t move here then…

JF

I’ve also read Muslim women saying that wearing a hijab is something they actually like, for much the same reasons. They say they can avoid unwanted attention and just go about their business anonymously. (I’m not talking about a burka, which is way over the top as far as female repression goes)

I’m a reformed hugger. It’s been a tough year but I’m getting better at giving people a :v: sign instead.

3 Likes

Didn’t Fauci say at one point he may never shake hands with anyone again?

1 Like

There’s a weird phenomenon I’ve seen where I live. There’s a big contingent of the kind of people who do lots of yoga, meditate, new-ager types. (not that there’s anything wrong with meditating or yoga) They are also anti-maskers- they believe that just because they do those things and eat healthy and use essential oils, that they are somehow immune from COVID. They think wearing a mask is “unhealthy” and will make you sick.

I see them all hanging out together, no masks, no distancing, hugging and kissing. They’re just as bad as the Maga hatters.

6 Likes

Yes, if they insist on that behavior, get sick at home and leave the hospitals to the un-braindead. Just hoping there aren’t innocent others they’ll transport it to—