The serial one star giver stayed and I got my review

Well you saw it coming at least?

Glad to see you got it removed.

I’m happy for the outcome for you. Thank you for taking the time to share the before, after and resolution.

3 Likes

I just read yesterday of another host who easily had a similar off-the-wall irrelevant review removed, except in her case, the review was one of those really long ones, every detail of the guest’s “miserable” stay described in minute detail.

Don’t know if it’s just a coincidence, or whether they’ve decided to hire some more helpful and clued-in reps or instruct them to stop automatically taking the guest’s side. The message John sent you sounds like it was written by a native English speaker, rather than their questionably fluent outsourced robots.

@patti Maybe check on her profile for awhile. It would be interesting to know if Airbnb will close her account.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome!

I’m sorry you got this review and I am happy that you got it removed, but I am completely baffled at why Airbnb removed it. Maybe it’s just Airbnb’s inconsistent customer service, maybe you just presented a great case, or maybe there’s something else. If you remember, can you give the details of your call to Airbnb so that it might help future hosts in this situation?

1 Like

My thought was that is was that the guest always gives low star reviews.

I noted this line in the email from John in support:

This is what Patti posted a few weeks ago once she got the reservation:

If Airbnb could see that she is giving 1 star reviews to hosts who usually get 5 stars and there was no problem reported during the stay it seems like an easy call to take the host’s side. Even as guest friendly as Airbnb is, this unstable guest isn’t doing anyone any favors.

4 Likes

Is it possible that Air is now contracting with some CS reps back in the US?
Someone can trash your house to the tune of a couple thousand and they give you a couple hundred. They don’t reply to hosts for days.
This just doesn’t seem like the norm.

It’s possible. I’ve never seen any evidence of this in the past, so if it is the real reason, it’s rare.
Plus, given that Airbnb has let a lot of reviews stand even though they were obviously retaliatory or contained blatant lies, it just doesn’t fit Airbnb’s policy enforcement behavior.

Additionally, if they removed @patti 's review because of this guest’s “hobby” of leaving negative reviews, then they’re basically invalidating all of the guest’s reviews; therefore, they should take down every review the guest has ever written, not just this one.

3 Likes

With U2 playing in the background:

“But I still haven’t found what I’m lookin’ for”

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: @Brian_R170 I can picture/hear it now!!

Oh that is SO SWEET! I bet she is positively seething that you got her money and her worthless review got yanked and sent to electron heaven where it belongs!
It is not often that we see Air dispense appropriate justice and good to see that it sometimes happens!

4 Likes

I bet she has no idea.

6 Likes

Could be. I have no idea if Air sends a msg to a guest or host when they remove a review.

She might not see it if she doesn’t have an upcoming trip. She seems so self absorbed.

1 Like

I have always wondered if the guest actually notices that they suddenly can no longer instant book……
Or do they notice that now for every listing, they must now send a ‘request’.

I also wonder if this guest, if they aren’t removed from the platform, suddenly gets multiple declines from very wary hosts.

3 Likes

I’ve posted many times about a guest who had a 4 star average and multiple problematic written reviews. Obviously many hosts either don’t read reviews or like Patti just decide it doesn’t matter enough to cancel. She IB’d with me when she had 16 reviews and I canceled her as fast as I could. She went on to have over 40 reviews and at least half mentioned her odd behavior.

2 Likes

Good questions. Some of that depends if the host uses the slider under IB for “recommended by other hosts”.
It would be nice but will never happen, that Air cancels her account. She certainly deserves it!

I’d report the profile and explain why. I don’t want her. Hope you clicked the “would not host again” button!

Agreed. I don’t want her here.

Brilliant. I’d do this.

Ditto. Then again, sarcasm is my primary language. :wink:

Holy $##$$ that’s amazing!!!

2 Likes

I can’t stop thinking about it! I’m so glad for @patti. Where was this CS when my first guest gave me a 3 for location (& other stuff, overall a 4) stating I was 30 min from COTA but yet he specifically messaged me this before booking and then said he was cool with it? He brought 4 MORE people than he booked, vomited off the front porch and left for me to clean, brought home a strange woman (made out in the driveway) & left my front door standing open when he left. There was other stuff, too.

After checking out he messaged that he loved the house and asked if he’d left anything behind. I said “Yes, your vomit.” It was all downhill from there.

I left him a very honest review and CS told me they’d remove his if he retaliated. They did not. I don’t think I’ll ever get over that :poop:

3 Likes

Yay, @patti! So glad to see Air actually came through for a host. As an old friend of mine used to say, “Even a blind squirrel gets a nut!” We, the hosts are definitely the blind squirrels, anticipating that maybe, just MAYBE Air will take a stand. Hooray for the underdog!

3 Likes