The most disgusting thing you encountered as a host

I haven’t had this issue, either, and I can only assume it’s because I have three kids! But I don’t know! The guests have their own floor and private bath - maybe it’s because I get a lot of families and groups of friends. Maybe I’ve just been lucky. (crosses fingers). Last time I made such a statement on this forum, saying that no one abuses my generous supply of towels, everyone has been a towel hog ever since!

I wonder if they realize that they are heard? We had few couples that did it and we could hear every sound. Our room is right across a small hallway. One couple was banging headboard at the wall for 2 hours. didnt they hear the sound??

I haven’t heard any noise…yet. But I found DNA evidence (errgg) and also I found the bed moved away from the wall. So, yea, pretty much most of them if not all couples bang here. I feel bad because I just feel like my house is a motel. :frowning:

1 Like

One of my guests at the rental apartment cooked grilled meat every day for a month and threw remains in the kitchen disposer. It was too much for the machine and it blew its seams one day, leaving a huge mess of rotting fat in the undersink cabinet.

5 Likes

Disgusting! And some people have no CLUE!

Gay male had anal sex on top of my white comforter. However gave glowing reviews and personable guest.

3 Likes

So he told you specifically where and what type of sex? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not to mention the apartment smelt like a Korean steak joint for weeks afterwards. He ruined the oven tops, clogged the exhaust fan with grease, and I had to throw away two frying pans.

Oh-mi-GAWD! I just caught up on reading this thread and I’m weak and gasping for air ~ what a hoot! The incidents…the descriptions…you all are so funny.

I have a friend who often pronounces: “Men bad, women good.”

1 Like

He said he was gay and he was with male partner, very nice people. The feces on the comforter was the other clue. But you are right, it could have been some leakage I suppose. So I guess I should have said feces on comforter after gay couple stayed in room and let people make their own conclusion as to how it got there., so I stand corrected.

The whole story: we have 4 bedroom house. We rented just one room to them . No one else booked that night. We do not live there. The feces spot on a made up bed was actually in the adjoining bedroom . So they might have had guests over. Or had sex in one bedroom and slept in the other. Or in some way got feces on one bed and then slept in other room . In any case the comforter went in the trash. They were very nice so we did not say anything about it .

This is another case where I would absolutely get outdoor security cameras so you can tell who is going in and out of your house. 4 bedrooms? But they only rented one? Do you rent whole house or by room? Every room should have a lock on it if there are up to 4 parties renting.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me saying so, I think you can call them ‘personable and friendly’ but not nice. Leaving that kinds of stain on your bedding is not nice. I once had a very young french guy (french being irrelevant, but gives you an idea) traveling with two young female friends. One of the females got a small amount of blood on the comforter and he came and told me immediately so I could get it in the wash. I was very impressed.

Now he was ‘nice’.

3 Likes

If I had been home, it would be the explosive diarrhea that a guest called me to tell me another guest had left in the bathroom. She said it was everywhere. I was out of state, taking care of a dying relative (which the guests already knew). I asked her to post an “Out of Order” sign on that bathroom door, and said I would call my housekeeper right away. She called me back 15 minutes later and said I didn’t need to call the housekeeper, because she had cleaned it up, herself. She didn’t want me to feel badly about it, or even give it another thought. That was so unexpected and so caring that it made me cry. It seems for every negative hosting experience, there are dozens of positive ones, some quite extraordinary. Of course, I did have the housekeeper go sanitize, but I’ll never forget this act of generosity by a supposed stranger.

10 Likes

Beautiful, 5 star guest - THAT is the sharing community!!

2 Likes

O, my god, this is soooo gross:cry:

Explosive diarrhea “everywhere” meaning…everywhere in the toilet or everywhere in the bathroom?

Perhaps the cleaning fee needs to increase!! :wink:

1 Like

Ok, so I am a house cleaner and I do get my fair share of gross during my day. This one is by far the worst… in a 4 foot long by 2 foot tall section of the wall was COVERED with boogers from a teen that spent about 3 months with his parents. Three months worth of them dried on boogers for me to clean off. Took me an hour! I soaked them in vinigar/water before and it still took me that long. I quit that house! YUCK!

2 Likes

I feel lucky, out of 138 guests have never even had the slightest evidence or hint of personal things happening, though of course they must. Perhaps because people have the whole island to themselves and rarely even wear clothes, I guess things tend to happen outside; most tell me by the time they hit the bed by 7pm-8pm they drop with exhaustion from the swimming, snorkeling, diving and kayaking; gets dark at 6pm in Belize. Having said that, a few times some boating friends have told me they have seen my guests having sex on the picnic table, while in the outside shower and even in the water in broad daylight.

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t have sex outside in a private island? Hahaha

7 Likes