Switch to host no longer available?

On ABB’s website there used to be a menu bar item “switch to hosting” when you log in to your account. It’s gone and the only way I’ve found to get to hosting is to add “/hosting” in navigation bar. The dumb-dumbs on help tell you to go to Profile and switch to hosting. Good deal if there were a Profile item, there’s not. If you drill a little further you can get to account which will take you to hosting but wtf!

With only a third of rental, or less, coming from ABB I am ready to dump. Between that and they’re not fixing the wrong tax rate in a year…

@casitacresta It is still there! But now it’s called “Manage Listings” and it’s in the drop-down menu under your profile photo.

3 Likes

Why not just add the “/hosting” to the address, then bookmark it?

7 Likes

Cause everyone isn’t as big a nerd as you are :wink: That’s great, I just wouldn’t have thought of it.

(just to be clear, I am applauding your tech savviness, not insulting you)

4 Likes

Nah, too much credit, @casitacresta said he already knew about the “/hosting” part and adding a bookmark isn’t exactly tech savvy.

1 Like

Thank you Brian and JJD. Infinitely practical solutions that should not be necessary. Even better is I just alter the address in LastPass and go directly where I need to go. But main point was, why the … did the idiots have to change anything and if they were going to change, let folks know. Also below is a sample of the assistance from CS. I swear the layoffs were based on highest IQ.

Airbnb Support12:15 AM
Hi Donald & Frank,
Good day, is there anything I can assist with?
Donald & Frank8:21 AM
Yeah, why is login not giving option of going to hosting? There’s no way to get to hosting other than adding /hosting to navigation bar. ABB is sooo inept!
Airbnb Support4:55 PM
Thank you for your reply. We are apologized for the confusing. When login there is no option of going to hosting.
Please refer to the steps to hosting:

1. After login, click Profile
    2.Choose Switch to Hosting
    Therefore, I hope that I could take this opportunity to get some valuable advice and opinion from you.
    Improving our quality is not just to make Airbnb better but we want to provide our valuable user with greater experiences and improve better. Hence, we will take your feedback seriously.
    Donald & Frank5:33 PM
    It used to be right at the top. ABB just get worse and worse.
    and there is no profile no way to switch without going to navigation bar.
    Airbnb Support1:21 AM
    We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like to provide us feedback, please submit it here:
    It is our great honor to be able to listen to your voice and provide you with solutions.
    I wish you all the best and a good day. Please do take care and stay healthy during this difficult time.
    Do you still need help?

Yes, I still need help.

Donald & Frank8:46 AM
Yes, I still need help.

Message from Airbnb Service󱜄

We’re forwarding you to a team that can better assist you.

Donald & Frank8:53 AM

Please send me to someone that can read! You know reading? Where someone has put words together to convey an idea or question. THERE IS NO PROFILE THERE IS NO PLACE TO SWITCH TO HOSTING.

3 Likes

They have to make it “better”, LOL.

That’s because the people with the highest IQs tend to have the highest salaries.

Even they must realize the minute they touch anything it’s fucked!

And you really think they paid smart people more? I would have thought they penalized them for showing up the dummies.

Why do hosts have to be so sarcastic and rude to customer services - this certainly says more about you then it does about them :frowning:

9 Likes

It does say a lot about me. I’m paying a fee, never mind guests are also paying, and for what? I’ve yet to get any assistance from ANYONE at ABB. I fought for a year to get them to collect the correct amount of tax from guests. I proved with tax reports and maps they collect the wrong amount. One CS admitted they were wrong but no one has ever done anything to correct it. Did you read the responses I was receiving?
“We are apologized for the confusing. When login there is no option of going to hosting.
It is our great honor to be able to listen to your voice and provide you with solutions.”
And that’s small sampling, I could did up much worse.
If anyone at ABB had ever shown the slightest concern, I would laud them to the hills. ABB had a mass firing and I believe they are relying on AI. When was the last time anyone ever actually spoke to someone at ABB? I’ve called VRBO for issues RECENTLY, spoke to a real person within five minutes and had the issue resolved.
Look at the forum. How many complaints are there about “no response from ABB, need help” go ahead do a search “help from airbnb”.
So you bet I’ll be sarcastic and rude and insulting if they can’t get their shit together enough to help the people that are paying their wages.

1 Like

I can understand how frustrated hosts get with responses like that, but I totally agree- not only is it not the CS rep’s fault that they are undertrained and are hired to communicate in English, when their English is obviously far from fluent, insulting them and being sarcastic accomplishes nothing and can, in fact, ensure that you won’t get appropriate service. Also, they don’t create Airbnb policies. And from what I’ve read, there is high dissatisfaction among low-level employees- they seem to be as poorly treated by the company as hosts are.

I am always polite to them, even when I feel like wringing their necks. I wish them a good day and thank them for their time, even if they still haven’t resolved the issue. They have angry hosts and guests yelling at them all day. I sure wouldn’t want that job. This approach has always ended up getting me decent responses, even if it takes a few back and forths.

I keep my goal in mind, which is to have an issue resolved. If I have to grit my teeth and be super nice and polite, even when I’m incredibly frustrated with them, the means justify the end.

5 Likes

Can’t disagree with @Helsi, just makes you come across as a complete dick.

Low level CS have no input on policy, which you know fine well, but I suppose if it makes you feel better…

JF

3 Likes

I should have known. First they outsource construction of their horrible software to India, now the tech support has gone there too. It would have been worse on the phone because many of them can only read scripts.

1 Like

all customer service call centers are due to be moved out of the usa I read on reddit from an ex employee. Its like pulling teeth…

1 Like

Most of the them are based in the Philippines not India @NordlingHouse. They have been operating overseas call centres for at least four years. They certainly haven’t just ‘gone there’.

I have to say I have found all their call centre centre polite and helpful and with a good command of English.

2 Likes

Sad that you get off on bullying low level staff who can’t answer back and in your own words are ‘sarcastic, rude and insulting’.

You know full well call centre staff are not the ones who under resource the call centres, have made massive cut-backs in staffing or have caused Covid, yet you delight in making their lives a misery.

You must be so proud of yourself :cry:

2 Likes

Okay, some serious misconceptions going on here. I have NEVER bullied nor been rude to any CS rep. Sarcasm, oh boy, yes I’ll use that if I get a response deserving of sarcasm. Firstly, I haven’t even been able to speak to a rep in months now; an hour an a half wait time! I will complain and insult on a forum to get attention to a problem.

And I am proud of myself in at least trying to get customers of ABB to be vocal about the problems with customer service there. ABB took a billion from investors on one hand and at almost the same breath, dumped two thousand employees, not to mention however many contractual employees they threw out with no benefits and impossible safety net.

If the employees can’t speak up about the lack of support THEY receive, maybe they should read up on sweat shops and realize things can be improved but not by just accepting a bad situation.

@Helsi If you can get through to a rep in a reasonable time and have no complaints and all your problems with the platform get resolved, good for you. Looking at the forums, that ain’t the case with many.

And @JohnF those low level employees could make changes if they learned how to be dickheads and make their voices heard. IF, they cared.

You know, this thread just gave me an idea…while I am waiting to start my new job I may just have to apply to be an AirBnB Customer Service Representative. I would be way underpaid for sure but I would LOVE the opportunity to be an ACTUAL part of the solution…and gain the actual insight…

3 Likes

Fun idea but remember, they just laid off around 2000 employees and probably as many contractuals.

They might be hiring money counters! Definitely needing people in Finance department to prepare for IPO. Got accounting experience?