Superhost with no active listings

I just thought this information might be interesting, if not actually useful, because I remember the question coming up before and there being different answers.

I can confirm that hosts can continue to earn Superhost status with no active listings at all. My only listing has been unlisted (not snoozed) since April 7.

The only stay I hosted for the quarter started March 29 and ended April 7, so there is one review for the quarter, but I don’t think this matters. I imagine there are other hosts that unlisted in March 2020 and have no reservations/reviews for the quarter that can confirm or deny this.

I suppose in January, I’ll get another Superhost four-quarters-in-a-row $100 voucher that I won’t be able to use. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Why not? …

I think whole home rentals are the only type of travel in my future I will be using my voucher when I get it. We are going to Cambria this weekend to an AirBnb with an ocean view. My cabins have been booked solid (still keeping 24 hours between guests) all of June and july is booking up fast. I have noticed people are only booking 2-3 weeks in advance.

RR

If I get a voucher this month I will definitely use it. There are tons of rentals I’d like to stay at and I’ve had my eye on a few that are made for one (or two) and away from other people.

1 Like

Unlikely to be traveling before it expires.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure how this would work and I have been a superhost for over 5 years. Nevertheless, I decided that losing superhost status would be a necessary cost in order to snooze listings and stay safe.

1 Like

Coincidentally, I got another e-mail from Airbnb last night titled “We’ve upgraded your Superhost bonus” that says the $100 voucher can now be used for Airbnb experiences as well as stays. It also says the expiration is April 21, 2021. Since the bonus was originally awarded on January 10, 2020 , I think means they also extended the expiration by 2 months.

1 Like

I think this quarter is going to be odd superhost-classification-wize. See screenshot below

Well, that makes Superhost status quite meaningless, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Strange. I wonder if that means no one can earn it if they didn’t already have it?

2 Likes

I am thankful I used my travel voucher in February.

I got the Superhost email today. I haven’t hosted since March, lost Superhost in April, but somehow got it back in July. My calendar is just blocked. I didn’t snooze or unlist.

1 Like

I got my SH status too and the $100 voucher. I’ve never received a voucher before. I’d like to use it.

Yes, all of my recent bookings are last minute requests. No not IB, but a few days out, filling in the July calendar.

I’m going to hijack the thread here. The owner of the home I manage will be taking over the management of it starting August 1st. There goes my primary income. He’s going to struggle alot since he’s hands off when it comes to guests. I have alot of direct bookings, repeat renters with whom I’ve made relationships. I did ask for my percentage on all bookings thru December 31st, since I’ve booked those guests that far ahead. I’ll need to keep my ear open for another long distance management job now. I got a tip for a Vacasa managed home on the Smith River near Crescent City CA, where the owner is not happy with how Vacasa takes care of (rather, not…) of her rental.

Best of luck on picking up a new rental to manage.

I was able to achieve superhost status this round as well.

1 Like

I got mine as well, but I can only find the coupon by following the link from the email, I poked around and cannot find it otherwise. I will save the email, but it looks like they really do not want it to be easy to use. It should just be there next time I travel with air, but that makes too much sense.

RR

So he thought he could save money by managing it himself? He’s going to be in for a shocker when he understands what’s involved- hands-off and running it yourself are oxymorons.
He’s going to end up really appreciating all you did.

1 Like

Agree, it’s been that way for a while. I remember somebody else complaining long before I received mine in January. It should be the case that when you book a place, it tells you that you have a voucher and asks if you want to apply it to your booking. Somehow Amazon figured that out before Airbnb even existed, so yeah, it’s hard to use because it costs Airbnb money when you do (just like Airbnb customer support).

1 Like

I don’t understand your Amazon comment.

Until all the Covid-19 turmoil hit, I was pleased with Airbnb CS assistance. Recently had a good experience but it was much delayed.

1 Like

If you had a promotional credit voucher, gift card, etc. associated with your Amazon account, the Amazon software would clearly show it and you could simply click a button to choose to use it or not with any purchase you made with your account.

2 Likes

I followed the link and then copied the image with the coupon number (which I think is all you’ll need?) and saved it as a PDF. This was my first coupon. Since at my age I make at least an annual trip from Alaska to Seattle for medical issues, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to use it.

The interesting thing is that my individual listings are rated 4.81,4.88, and 4.55, but my Host rating is 5.0! How do they figure that? I have zero cancellations for the last year.