Super host suspended

Unfortunately, I could write a book about how Airbnb guests scammed me.

One more good reason not to charge a cleaning fee!

RR

If you don’t charge a cleaning fee they will want 20% of your payout… They always want the money back/

1 Like

I cannot think of anything like that happening to me in 3 years, I have refunded a time or two on cancellations but I have never given money to a disgruntled guest. Come to think of it I have never had a disgruntled guest. I have never been scammed or extorted for a refund, my worst reviews are 4 stars and they all were the result of telling a guest no about something.

Also I have no standards when it comes to guests, I take them all good reviews and less than good, no verified anything.

I guess I am just lucky?

RR

2 Likes

I believe that properties that charge lower rates don’t have the same kind of problems that luxury properties charge 1000K+ per night and $450.00 cleaning fee.

I may be stating the obvious here, but that says more about you, and your business processes, than anything else.

Congratulations, you’ve just won the Condescending Post of the Month award, and it’s only the fourth.

JF

7 Likes

I am by no means cheap in my market.

Maybe your guests are let down, feel ripped off? You set the standard pretty high at that price. I would expect perfection in every aspect of the stay.

RR

2 Likes

Are there listings on Air with nightly rates of $1 Million+ (1000K) a night?

3 Likes

As @KKC says, Airbnb doesn’t want dodgy hosts. They are not in the business of hospitality industry training, they are an advertising platform and credit card handler. Any host who expects more than that fooling themselves.

As @JohnF says, that says more about the host than it does about the guests. I’ve been in the STR industry for many many years and I have never been scammed by a guest. Ever. That’s not, despite what @RiverRock says (sarcastically?) lucky, it’s simply good management.

2 Likes

In Atlanta, Georgia it is illegal as well.

1 Like

Truth 100%!! Smoking anything is no good for anyone’s health.

2 Likes

Agree, it’s been my experience that they ALWAYS side w/the guest, treat the hosts like 2nd class citizens. I’ve ‘snoozed’ my listing w/them and get FAR better quality guests with Vrbo.

2 Likes

I know a lot of people who have been helped by medicinal marijuana. But people I know and “data” aren’t the same thing. As it is studied more will become known about all it’s effects, good and bad. Like everything, moderation is wise.

1 Like

The THC is the beneficial element and is available in pill form. The smoking part—not so good.

Illegal pot can & mostly is treated with awful chemicals which can damage lungs. Legalized grown pot is cleaner. However intuitively any foreign substance sucked into lungs is concerning.

I have never met a pot grower who treated plants with chemicals.

The stuff that comes from over/under the southern border I would worry about. The problem will come when big ag gets in on it. I can see it now, round up ready seeds from Monsanto. No thanks.

4 Likes

Not big AG, but Big business has been involved for years. R J Reynolds has a huge secure facility in NC. Workers have quietly said (rumors) it is setting them up for moving into mass marijuana product production.

The NC agriculture department several years ago listed hemp, medicinal agriculture, and truffles as up & coming crops. Medicinal agriculture is vague but we knew what they meant.

Trivia for the day —-54% of sweet potatoes grown in the USA are from NC.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a cottage industry here, on the basis that it is legal to grow for your own consumption.

Depends on your definition of “chemicals” I suppose, but when using a hydroponic set up folks tend to use various nutrients, the main ones containing nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Apparently, achieving the correct balance during the growing cycle can be quite tricky. I wouldn’t know myself.

JF

1 Like

This literally made me laugh out loud! Chemicals have become this bogeyman haven’t they?

I’ve never found this. Mind you, I’ve never been in a situation where Airbnb has to side with anyone; me or the guest.

1 Like

This right here hit home with guest under 21 consuming alcohol and using drugs and allowing a male access to a listing that declares no unconfirmed guests allowed.

Please help understand what contract you use please. These problems are increasing.