Super host suspended

It is my own contract. You have to have your own, perhaps created with an attorney. It has my terms and clauses, my expectations, what I don’t allow, and the fees and actions for breaking a clause. It states my rights, and the place of venue. It is fully slanted to my needs only, and is designed to protect my house and my property. It is uploaded into the “rules” for protection and I require that it is signed and initialed. One way to. do that is through SignNow. You have to get the email address of the guest once they book.

1 Like

SAME THING just happened to me. I have one of the more successful AirBnB’s in Southern NH.

I have rules in my listing that says all DOGS and People must be listed. It also lists NO SMOKING clearly. I allow dogs but no dogs less than 8 months for obvious reasons, I have a carpeted bedroom in the AirBnB I rent.

I also don’t allow two big dogs, so I ask my guests to describe the dogs, and make decisions based on how many guests, how many dogs, size of dogs and age of dogs as my place is tight with 3 and 4 guests.

The 3 guests arrived friday after asking for early check in a few days before checkin-in. I did allow them to check in 1 hour early and was not home at the time. I heard from my neighbor that they had two dogs, and one was a puppy. Total surprise to me and I sent a message to the guest and said we had a problem. No mention of the dogs at all

They left after saying they were going out and taking the puppy with them. They other dog was left behind. An hour later I heard from the guest and she said that she told me about the bigger dog. I explained I reviewed all the thread and saw no mention of any dog, nonetheless a puppy

That’s it. Communication ended on her part and they appeared to not come back. I saw them smoking on the property and it appears they were all angry and walking around the property taking pictures of the security cameras and motion lights!? I did not know they were leaving for good and felt uncomforatable so I called AirBnB and asked to please cancel the reservation

This was all within 3-4 hours of their checkin on Friday afternoon

AirBnB said they would call me back, never did. That was Friday at 5PM Eastern time and no communication from them at all. No message from the guest about cancellation or leaving early, I’ve replied to my AirBnB support thread asking for help and then Sunday I see my “LISTING IS SUSPENDED”

Wow, really? I’ve been a host for many years, hosted over 300+ nights, I’m a superhost and have a 4.9 rating after all these years. IS THIS REALLY HOW AIRBNB TREATS ITS HOSTS?

These guests clearly ignored my rules right off the bat, never apologied, I didn’t kick them out but apparently they left early. I did not ask them to leave and only called AirBnB after I saw they were getting wierd looking in my windows, smoking and taking pictures of everything. It clearly states in my listing I have security cameras to protect myself and guests.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this one,

2 Likes

I am so sorry. I am sure your listing was suspended because of the cameras.

Some of us, yes. Most of us, no.

Their approach seems to be suspend first, ask questions later. They are guest centric. So start calling, writing, tweeting, posting on their facebook page, as much as you have time for. It’s unfair but it is what it is.

Also make sure you are listed on other platforms like VRBO and Booking dot com so that when you are suspended you aren’t out of business.

1 Like

Thanks, Im mostly booked out for the summer anyway, and usually take some time off in the end of april for yardcare, getting things ready for the summer season so for income I’m not too worried but I will setup VRBO and look into others.

All of this could be avoided if AirBnB simply makes an intelligent guest count and allows us to setup Dog rules, pet rules, whats allowed, whats not, They only give me 500 words and I can barely squeeze in the basic description and 2 lines of rules thare are very important for booking. This guest simply ignored the rules and then gets mad when I call them out?

As far as the cameras, AirBnB asked me to put that I have cameras in the listing. I did. I was broken into and have two outbuildings with tools and other items that are NOT open to guests. This also helps me enforce issues just like this - the guests CLEARLY broke the rules long before any issue came up with the cameras.

1 Like

I am so sorry, that is just plain wrong. If this keeps happening and gets out there for the public to see it will have to change. Protest however you can.
The guests break the rules and the host pays the consequences.

1 Like

Tweet and Facebook daily:
“Airbnb suspended my listing after guests broke rules & left. Brought pets with no notice, left dog alone in house, smoked on property. Would not reply when I messaged them. Asked Airbnb to cancel booking, Air promised to reply, instead suspended & haven’t heard back for x days.”

2 Likes

Did Airbnb cancel all your upcoming bookings? If they didn’t please gather contact information of your guests because they might cancel all your bookings and refund the guests.
When you create your vrbo, flipkey, homestogo listing copy exact same text so guests can google that information and find you in different platforms.

AirBnB says that all bookings will remain OK, but nobody can see or reserve a new one

They hide the emails of their guests, so I have no contact info, I’m horrified at their SUSPEND FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER approach. I could only imagine doing this to one of my customers or resellers in my day job!

I’ll wait another day or two for them to “investigate” but when I was on the phone that night with them (Friday night) I was assured someone would call me back that evening. I said are you sure, she said “of course, we would never leave a host hanging like that”

I’ll be hammering them on social networks and LinkedIN soon if they don’t rectify this issue!

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust Airbnb contact all your guests asking them phone and e-mail as an alternate form of contact. Download all your financial data and create new listings in other booking platforms ASAP. There is a big chance that they might cancel all your upcoming bookings.

All reservations should have a guest phone number and you should make a record of it as soon as a reservation comes in.

They don’t consider you the customer.

I wouldn’t bother. Start now.

1 Like