Show off your Airbnb listing!

Just as fine as your first two.

2 Likes

We’re getting better at it. Never easy though. Currently on our first guest for the week and she’s already broken a skylight window :rofl:

How does one accomplish breaking a skylight? There has to be a crazy story here.

1 Like

We have no idea but her shoes fell through into the wood shop below. A wood worker found them in the morning and thought it was ghosts. He proclaimed “No sangre! No sangre!”

First guests are always an interesting case. We thought common sense would prevent people from standing on glass skylights (since the terrace is not advertised as an amenity), but now we are thinking screens and Do Not Step signs. I’ve already adjusted our listing accordingly.

1 Like

Ok I get it, so the “sky” was actually the “floor” from the guest’s perspective. I was wondering if they climbed on your roof or if it was a hell of a champagne cork or what. Looks like it was fortunate there was not a serious injury.

Yes very fortunate. For fire code reasons we cannot permanently lock those windows, so screens seem like the best way to go. When my husband and I lived there we never used it like a balcony. It was strictly for plants. And when he used to smoke, he would stick his head out the window. That was about it.

The best part of this story.

4 Likes

Feeling dismayed this morning. After logging off AirBnB, turning off my WiFi, and using Google in incognito, when I checked this listing this morning, it was #22 and on the second page. The lowest I’ve ever seen it was #16 and it’s always been on the first page. This is just hours after I took and posted new pictures of the second bedroom (I recently redecorated it) and made edits to the description.

For a short while yesterday, the actual star numbers were showing up on all the listings in my area. Mine were all showing 5.0 but there were listings with 4.29, 4.33 and so on…in fact, the majority of listings were below the 4.7 that AirBnB says is the point where they may terminate your listing!

This is my apartment in Stockholm. I rent out the master bedroom during the summer months. What do you think?

It’s very nice. I would hang the artwork on the walls and then take new pictures for the listing.

1 Like

Thank you! The art is part of the inheritance from my parents, which me and my siblings at the time hadn’t split so I couldnt hang them then.

1 Like

Anna, it looks to me like your photos need some brightening and higher contrast. The plants, flowers and pretty quilts are nice! Also do as KKC suggests!

1 Like

Since the first one was such a success, we launched our second one across the hall. Just in time, since I went into labor shortly after these photos were taken :joy::

5 Likes

Congratulations on the new additions of infants and listings. I hope it goes well in all your new endeavors. It’s a beautiful place but not in my price range. :wink:

3 Likes

Having perused less than 1/4 of these so far I am surprised to see that your listing is among the seemingly majority so far that no longer have the listing active. I wonder how many of these just no longer host at all. It’d be neat to learn how that came to be and how their experiences were while they did do it. For those that still have the listing most are pretty obvious how it is going. It was so interesting to see one on Google Maps, even the inside, somehow…

I bet it’s a lot of them. I am always happy to give members here a write up on my site advertising their listings. But I find that I have to keep deleting the whole articles because the listings no longer exist.

Also, if a host here mentioned their Instagram or Twitter name, then I’d follow them. And most of them haven’t been seen for a long time.

I think it’s something that a lot of people start (‘Let’s have a go at Airbnb-ing’) without understanding it at all.

P.S. Our listings (we have two) are snoozed due to major renovations of the entire building.

2 Likes

I like the last pic of the Tesla charger. So it says thanks to Tesla and Aibnb. How exactly does that work? I assume you have a Tesla?

And the whole place is really really beautiful!

Beautiful! The purple one I would be afraid of falling of the loft though… yikes.

It looks like @MissMiami has removed the cleaning fee altogether. At $108/night for 3 people this is a STEAL!!! I would think it would be worth triple AT LEAST.