Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Show off your Airbnb listing!

hi, i’d take photo 1 out - its quite depressing (maybe the light) and doesnt show off ur flat well enough - maybe start with photo 2 (but put plants in the pots), the bedroom is v nice…u need to make that a focal point…put more pics about the surroundings too…the pic u have a of a frozen meadow seems a bit cold…put maybe more plants in the sitting room (there was a good article on that somewhere here)…also with the way airbnb lists you the first pic u have is cut and just shows a tv…shame - but pic 2 is better with plants…hope i wasnt too harsh :wink:

hi looks nice, but due to the way airbnb lists ur first pic is cut - u need to reformat otherwise it looks like ur selling a table )))…also wonder if pic 17 shouldnt be the first pic…its a nice house…id remove pic 5 looks messy (though i know what ur trying to do)…pic14 just looks like an air con machine (id take it out)…nashville sounds fab…its on the visit tirp…maybe pics of nashville at the end? or map of how close it is to the center?

@endsinjoy - just be careful about house swapping and your taxes (at least in the US). Swapping houses counts as personal use and can really negatively impact the expenses you can write off your taxes.

@Stpetersburg, thanks for your feedback. I agree that lighting generally could be improved, unfortunately the lower sun at this time of year reduces available light (I am sure you can relate). I have adjusted the lighting levels a little to improve this.

We are planning to update photos on a better day or Spring. Similarly we plan to put plants in the planters in the coming weeks as temperatures rise. We agree this will make the entrance more pleasing. Generally we plan to add plants and prints in the rooms over time.

I am Ruby and I own this beautiful flat in the center of Chania, Greece. My island Crete is worldwide known for both beautiful beaches, but also the high, wild mountains! The flat is close to the Old Town, but away from the touristic center and hosts 4 people! I would be happy to host you :grinning::grinning:

hi Ruby, love the photos, i’m sure you’ll do very well…just a quick question, thinking of renting my flat out in athens for airbnb - any issues in greece with airbnb? let me know :wink:

Hello! Thank you for the feedback :blush: Athens is getting more and more familiar with airbnb. There are new laws getting voted for the legal issues. So currently everytime you rent your flat through airbnb you should state it as a temporary rent (15% VAT) so as not to get into problems. You should also be careful with the services you offer. Cleaning service or transport service are not allowed to individual renters. So it’s better to include everything in the price :slight_smile: if you have more questions, feel free to contact me!

OK - takes deep breath - this is our place. We’re nothing special, just an older couple who let out a room in our small town house and serve a decent breakfast. We’re in Lancaster, UK - an old Roman town in the North-West, near the Lake District and blessed with one of the top-10 Universities in the UK.
Any thoughts from anyone?

I won’t stay in a place with no pictures of the bathroom unless I don’t have other options. If there’s no picture I assume it must be bad. The lead picture of the outside with the boat shows the junk on top of the boat prominently. Is there a way to get a different pic or crop this one in some way?

I would have thought that seeing our ratings - 98% 5* - would be sufficient to reassure you that the bathroom isn’t “bad”? Meanwhile
I shall wait beside the Canal and hope a more photogenic boat goes by!

Sorry but I agree with K9karmacasa, I would not dream of renting a room without seeing the bathroom. Congratulations on your excellent ratings.

great reviews, i’m sure people love staying with you - my only thoughts - maybe put p.11 first - i liked it (good intro too)- then go to 1, 2, etc…the lampshade seems to be leaning to one side in the bedroom and is it lola the cat under the bedclothes? seems the bedding is not straight and creased (gives a messy feel) - thats my only thoughts - breakfast looks good - and i checked Andros - may well go )…i’m sure you woudl be fine with out change but it may get a few more people to look - just ideas - i’d be curious on the bathroom too…tks

thanks roubi, just starting on my athens airbnb road so may well ask you )

Thanks - and yes, go to Andros - it’s only a two-hour ferry ride from Rafina - and it’s a beautiful island!

I also think your photo #11 should be featured over the one with the tattooed boatman in a tank top ~ at least until you take a new pic. A smaller craft going by will better show your home and garden.

For your interior pics, they say it is better to take photos from a lower angle - about waist-high rather than from above looking down. From the angle, it looks like the photographer might have been standing on a chair and it is not a natural view when entering a room.

You sound like such warm, friendly and entertaining hosts and have the knack of making everyone feel welcome.

I must admit that if I was the November guest whose last review was published, I would feel a little hurt that you did not respond to my review as you did to the two previous guests. It makes it seem that you enjoyed them more.

Posted my place before, but now with lots of changes, looking for input on pictures and wordings please. I like wording being consice and short (not like guests reading them anyway)

Thanks