Show off your Airbnb listing!

LOVE this place, and what a bargain price! It is a bit conflicting in your rules though about no visitors without approval and then visitors and parties even being encouraged and then vaguely depending on how many people might cost some amount extra.

Nice place. For us Europeans we donĀ“t know the mile, maybe put km in () , but hey, we can convert ourselves i guess. But awesome place and good price. !

In the UK we still use miles @ZeroZ

ok,did not know that lol

Hello from Portugal :grinning: I love this idea of shared listings & tipsā€¦
Iā€™m fairly new to hosting /AirBnB. We started mid pandemic (bad timing I know) and working hard to bring in guests. Any ideas most welcome!
Here is my listing
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43401312?source_impression_id=p3_1650216490_wyqkf3rvP0uJuxZY
Thanks

2 Likes

Your place looks charming and cozy. But incredibly expensive. Almost $2000/night for a fairly simple house for 4 people? I donā€™t know how that compares with other similar properties in your area, but seems really high.

One thing I noticed is that you havenā€™t used the ā€œThe Spaceā€ section of the description as it is intended. That is where you are meant to describe the house itself- the layout, the rooms, furnishings, and the outdoor spaces.

Also I think you have too many outdoor shots and not enough good indoor ones. And I would remove the photo of what looks like an attache case with a bunch of junk piled on top of it- Iā€™m not sure what it is supposed to portray, but it doesnā€™t serve any purpose and looks a mess.

Itā€™s $97 a night on my computer.

If you click on the pictures there are captions. Itā€™s a game box.

1 Like

My bad. Didnā€™t realize it is coming up in Mexican pesos as it is reading my IP address.

And yes, I failed to click on the photo to read the caption. Another Airbnb information-hiding change for the worse. Captions used to appear on first sight when viewing photos. I wonder how many guests click on individual photos and see the captions. Not many, Iā€™d bet.

2 Likes

It seems like itā€™s been set up like this a long time. I always click on the picture to see it in itā€™s larger size and so I see the captions. Iā€™m always surprised how many host donā€™t put any captions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips!
Iā€™ve amended the listing, added house content details into the ā€˜Spaceā€™ section, and will plan to take more indoor photos next sunny day we have here :slight_smile:
As for pricing, itā€™s pretty much on target for whatā€™s on offer in that area, ie like for like.

1 Like

Iā€™m new and lost . Sorry for the imposition. I canā€™t find an area to create a new topic and POST.
I own several houses in Southern California and would like to rent to Airbnb hosts and give them the right to sublease. I did one lease like that and would like to find other interested hosts in my area. Thank you so much in advance.

This is to prevent people from joining just to post ads and spam. People have to become trusted members before they can start new threads.

1 Like

New to the boards, you wonā€™t be able to make a new topic until you have been around for a little, posted a few times and built your trust level.
It is done to prevent spamming.
You are a landlord who is allowing rental arbitrage.
I would look for arbitrage groups on Facebook in your area

Oh thatā€™s great, thanks for the valuable info and new terms!!

Itā€™s gorgeous! I want to stay there!

1 Like