Share your Renovations

Hey everyone, with everything going on how many hosts are doing construction, renovations or improvements to your STR while your down? My wife and I decided to go ahead and do a large renovation while we’re without guests.

Here’s a few of the before and after:

Before:

After:

Will post bathroom/kitchen pics soon!

Everyone share your reno/update adventures, too.

1 Like

Which is the before? I like the dark floors best…

RR

3 Likes

I purchased this home furnished and made some improvements. The top is the improved dining area with a larger table and area rug. We also worked on the backyard. Removed tree stump, replaced deck railings and added a staircase.

bb9f2765-fdb1-4a2d-9dc6-141c131f1fd5 8ab24b6e-d120-4493-a5dd-f033a72cf7f3 5d5999d2-c403-416c-83bc-174ea1d71a16

8 Likes

Dangggg! Thats a nice rug and table. That whole place looks awesome. That’s a hell of a view out the door. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much : )

1 Like

So far I’ve only started a rock wall reno outside. Well I’m not doing it, the next door neighbor is doing most the work. I will help with some things and I’m doing all the ordering and paying for materials.

I regrouted the Airbnb bathroom floor but that’s maintenence, not a reno.

I am seriously considering starting demolition on my bathroom. I had lined up a contractor but postponed once I got back from my out of town trip. Now I’m considering going ahead with it but doing the demolition myself. I don’t think I’m up for a whole bathroom reno myself. If I had a skilled friend maybe but I don’t.

5 Likes

Yeah, the demolition is the easy part. :slight_smile:

What a lovely spot @Ritz3

1 Like

There are rugs like that for sale on Wayfair @WinsomeLoft

That’s gorgeous!! Where are you with my dream house? :wink:

New kitchen sink and outlets done now:

Before:

3 Likes

That looks fantastic. I can’t have dark finishes here due to scale deposits from hard water.

3 Likes

Same here. I did the guest bathroom walls in dark emerald green tiles, which are beautiful, but a pain to keep looking clean. I did the other shower in light sage green, which doesn’t show the calcium deposits, but at the time I bought both colors, they were an end of the line sale ($8 for a box of 90 4"x4" tiles! The Mexican decorative tiles, but the high-fired ones that don’t easily chip) and there was only enough of each color to do one shower stall.

4 Likes

I think the before pictures look pretty dang good! Nice upgrades and beautiful home.

2 Likes

Gorgeous deck renovation and lovely home. :grinning:

2 Likes

Thanks! Here’s with the counter top dishwasher plumbed and installed.

I just noticed the stair layout, thats pretty awesome!

Is the outlet now behind the dishwasher a GFCI outlet, or on a GFCI circuit? If not it needs to be. National electrical code calls for it.