Someone named Curtis recently booked 4 nights with me. When he booked, he mentioned he wanted to find a place for his daughter and niece who were in town for a family birthday party. Awesome - we love families.
On the video camera I observed three 20-something girls check-in without Curtis. We don’t normally allow the person who booked to not stay, but I let this slide (shame on me).
Shortly after check-in, I smelled pot smoke in the entryway area. I called Curtis and told him we don’t allow this, and asked them to instead smoke outside. He was pleasant and accommodating enough and the girls did what I asked.
Over the next few days I noticed abnormal behavior:
- The girls spent the entire day, every day in the apartment.
- The girls would leave to “go out” at 2am-3am, dressed in the most scantily-clad clothing one might imagine. They’d return around 8am-9am each morning.
- During the day, they’d go out to the sidewalk and smoke pot. They’d do this literally every other hour or so, and still scantily-clad (albeit less “dolled up”).
- I had a brief conversation with one of the girls outside, asking where they were from, why they’re in town, etc. She mentioned “Curtis always has business and we always go with him.”
- When they checked-out (11am on a Friday), two cars came by to pick them up. Curtis was one of the drivers, and I can’t imagine him being old enough to be one of their fathers.
They left the place super messy. Nothing the cleaner couldn’t handle, but it was clear they (disrespectfully, in my view) made zero effort to take care of our apartment.
In inclined to tell all in my review and also report Curtis’ profile. I can only guess what the girls do (hookers? something else that’s shady?), but I’m especially pissed about being mislead that Curtis booked for “his family.”