Returning items left by guests

Does some one want to be told that their toy is “Small”:joy:

9 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :rofl: Y’all are hilarious!!!..and I so needed it today :pray:

3 Likes

I guess it’s tough love.

:rofl:

[I wrote ‘small’ deliberately, just for a little one-upmanship. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:]

haha same! nice to be a in forum that allows all those words without censorship and we can have a silly discussion around it, some laughs, lots of different opinions, and also some helpful advice was dispensed.

4 Likes

IDK, I’d rephrase…

8 Likes

Ahhh… the old “the dildo is in the box” unintended double-entendre.
I use this one all the time.

8 Likes

Those pictures are great! I really need to do that for my cleaning staff.

I keep a lost and found basket/box in each rental. My cleaners can just put items there and if a guest messages for a lost item I can check for it. I only send items back on request for the same reasons, I’m never quite certain if it was missed by the cleaner once or not. A clearly marked lost and found could be a good place to put it and let the regular guest check for themselves.

Maybe just leave it in the drawer and add it to your listing as an amenity? :rofl:

AirBnB has every other type of amenity as an option - maybe they’ll add “Sex Toys” to the list soon.

3 Likes

Someone must be silently clutching their pearls in horror. Maybe they are too busy writing their state legislators about the dangers of drag queens to send us moderators a message complaining.

4 Likes

I suggest that folks have some USPS flat rate boxes on hand. You can go to the USPS website and enter the information, print a label, put it on the box and have the letter carrier pick it up. For lots of items and many hosts it’s almost no work whatsoever to return something. And payment apps are easier to use than Airbnb’s request money button. In addition I’ve found that every guest is appreciative and leaves a review.

I don’t normally ask for reviews but this would be a case where when the guest exclaims how happy they are that you’re returning the item, you can say lightheartedly, “no problem, my thanks can be in your Airbnb review,” or something to that effect.

2 Likes

Only once had a guest leave something behind they said they’d appreciate getting back when I asked. It wasn’t anything of value, just a tank top. As it would have been ridiculously expensive to send by courier from Mexico to Idaho, and might or might not ever make it if I sent it by regular Mexican mail, I just wrapped it up and addressed it and asked my next homeshare guest if she’d mind popping it in the mail when she got back to Oregon, handing her $5.

And a Canadian guest just left a pair of fancy flipflops she’d like back. I told her I’d bring them to Canada when I go up this summer and mail them from there.

As for the guest who left an old Tampa Bay Buccaneers t-shirt, he said he didn’t care about it, but suggested I could become a Buccaneers fan, as all other disappointments in life would pale in comparison. :rofl:

2 Likes

Very creative!

And then ABB will produce a special video on how to clean them between guests. I cannot WAIT to see it

4 Likes

And we’d have to attest to having properly cleaned it and ensured it was in proper working order. Maybe Catherine Powell, “Head of Hosting” could do the video presentation and demonstration.

1 Like

This is really starting to sound like a viable SNL skit

3 Likes

Airbnb would be wasting their time trolling this forum but SNL writers could get some material.

(This post references another thread so I guess it’s a bit of an inside joke)

4 Likes

Just add it to your inventory list and showcase it as one of your villa’s amenities. :grinning:

2 Likes

Fun thread, I do not contact guests for socks, but I found a drawer full of clothes recently!. When a guest needs something shipped I just tell them to email me a UPS label and I will box it up and hand it off to UPS. Often it becomes less important to the guest when there is a cost involved.

RR

2 Likes

I remember reading a post from a guest who was outraged because a host hadn’t sent the expensive sunglasses she had left behind back, in spite of him saying he would. Yet it turned out, when questioned, that she had never offered to pay him for the shipping costs, even though she was expecting him to ship them to her from the other side of the world.

And another guest who was outraged because she had left what she referred to as a “priceless necklace”, some family heirloom, behind on a beach vacation and the host said he hadn’t found it, so she assumed he was lying. Not sure why anyone would be so foolish as to take a “priceless necklace” on a beach holiday.

If I accidentally leave something behind on my travels, of course it would be wonderful if I was somehow able to get it back, but the bottom line is that no one else is responsible for my inattention, nor would I expect them to be.

3 Likes

Maybe it looks best with a string bikini? :grin:

2 Likes