Reliability of Airbnb support in case of extensive damages and high cost

I had occasion to review the ToS anew and thought I would just drop this here, for posterity.

https://www.airbnb.com/terms#sec7

2 Likes

I wonder how long before Airbnb drops the pretenses of the Host Guarantee and Host Protection Insurance?

3 Likes

Final conclusion.
I opened this thread 30 days ago with a description of the extreme damage in my property, about which I sent a claim for a remarkable amount. I criticized the delay in the response of AirBnb, but I believed that the Host Guaranty service will cover a remarkable part of the damage. After an extended discussion with AirBnb Support service, my detailed documentation for the issue was evaluated by an independent adjuster of well known Company, who visited and examined my property. According to the adjuster’s report a satisfactory amount was given as a reimbursement under the Host Guarantee program. My final conclusion is that the AirBnb Host Guaranty was proved to be professional and reliable.

5 Likes

Well, that’s good to hear!

How much did they pay out?

1 Like

The amount is satisfactory

Thank you for returning to update us.

1 Like

I find it interesting that you are being so coy about the actual amount they paid out. You were upfront in your original post about the exact amount you requested.

Did Airbnb settle with you on condition that you not share the amount they paid out to you?

4 Likes

If you don’t expect anything, you won’t be disappointed. He asked 4x too much, we told him to expect nothing and when he got 1/10th of what was requested he found it “satisfactory.” “Damned by faint praise” is the phrase that comes to mind when considering Airbnb’s actions.

2 Likes

This is really scary, guess this is why I pay for a homeowner’s policy that covers AirBnb problems (I hope).

When any claim is made to an insurance company they look at your entire record, including if you had auto claims. For a dozen years I was an insurance adjuster and even if we had a minor claim, complete scrutiny of ALL claims had to be done.

My guess is that it covered most of the actual cost incurred, and not the “remarkable amount” claimed.

2 Likes