Possibly distressing and/or embarrassing guest feedback

Sound advice, would make Semmelweis proud!

1 Like

I have white towels. I wish I could find a nice way to ask guests to properly clean their arses before getting out of the shower and leaving skid marks. Now I have to check each time before washing and treat with Napisan if needed. Also blood stains on bed sheets. I know ladies can’t always predict their periods and there are no 24 hour pharmacies nearby so I provide free tampons and pads.

And no, I don’t think there is a polite way to leave feedback on this. It could be a genuine accident or they are just an adult who doesn’t know how to clean themselves properly in which case it is probably too late.

1 Like

Perhaps they could get one of this UV lights forensics uses that reveal semen stains? I’ve been told one should never use one of these in a hotel room one is staying in as the results are too revealing, and you’ll never stay in a hotel room again.

I agree 100%. I have a section in my booklet called “Spillage!” about quick treatment of wine and animal “accidents” and the need to tell me asap. It says: “I won’t mark you down in the review if an accident happens but I will if you don’t tell me about it”. I was more annoyed when I discovered one of my Japanese tea cups had been chipped and I wasn’t told. I hate deception and dishonesty. Except when I do it of course in which case “deal with it”.

2 Likes

Thanks! As someone who spent 8 months in hospital 2 months of which was in ICU and on an acute ward I can concur that nurses put up with a lot more than the occasional smear on a sheet. I am eternally grateful to those people who wiped my behind for 2 months and never complained once. It puts a soiled sheet in perspective.

3 Likes

Maybe say in the Private Feedback: “I don’t want to give you a shitty review so please don’t leave shitty sheets.”

3 Likes

It appears to be universal among the hosts on this forum that guests never alert the host to any type of “schmear” they leave - totally disrespectful.

I don’t clean up after guests so I’ve never experienced it but I would be tempted to take a photo of the “residue”, send it to the guest and message, “Look familiar?!”

1 Like

If you have a hand held shower hose, your guests have no excuse. If you don’t your guests have to be limber.

Yes, we do have a hand-held shower!
As the OP. I’m staggered that this thread has run and run - clearly it has touched a sensitive nerve!
As it happened, we didn’t say anything to the guests who were responsible for the incident - though looking back on it I perhaps should have knocked a point from their rating. I think the issue is making the mess and then not saying anything about it - it’s a (admittedly small) breach of trust.
The mark came out perfectly in the wash anyway. We certainly weren’t going to replace the sheet!
By the way, good tip about cleaning door handles, etc.

1 Like