Possibly distressing and/or embarrassing guest feedback

I wouldn’t mention it in the public review, but I would most certainly mention it in the private one, and would downgrade them on cleanliness. Be it chocolate or shit, guests should’ve informed the host about the “accident” before leaving. Probably it could’ve even been solved without a full disclosure of what exactly happened, by, for example, taking the soiled sheets to the dry cleaners.

3 Likes

Skiddies happen to some people I guess.

I’ve never understood how, given you can totally reduce your chance of leaving a skiddy by ummmm 100%. Anyway this is one where I’d sigh heavily, rant on here, then wash the sheets and forget about it.

I wouldn’t mark someone down for cleanliness for an obvious mistake. Cleanliness ratings surely only relate to intentional disorderly behaviour. Was everything else fine and as you’d expect to find it?

I never understood how it can happen, especially on sheets.

it’s either inattentive bathroom habits and sleeping naked, or sexual activity.

I suppose the real issue is the discomfort that comes from thinking : how the hell did this get here? To the slow realisation you don’t want to think about it but weirdly can’t let it go. My advice is - let it go.

4 Likes

I meant this particular kind of skidmarks. :wink: That’s quite an endeavour. :smiley:

Yes, and I’d let them have friends stay when one of the original party left. I had some nice chaps on the weekend, they even took the garbage!
My mum taught me to turn the other cheek. It tells more about them and their insecurities. I still have my lovely home on the river, while they have only the memory of a few days. I think there is a certain amount of jealousy and envy that comes out in nasty, unnecessarily rude reviews. They have no way to know what my family and I have forgone on order to have this home.

3 Likes

Zandra, so true!

I had skid marks left by a guest a couple of weeks ago. I thought about posting something about it but could not bring myself to do so because the visual is burned into my brain and I was trying my best to erase the memory! It didn’t even cross my mind to bring it up or mention it in my review and I would never publicly or privately humiliate a guest. I soaked the sheet in oxyclean and the sheet was no worse for wear. As I was cleaning out the bathroom trash can, I noticed depends underwear but apparently they aren’t so “dependable!”

I am often surprised at blood marks and drool marks on pillow cases. I have both pillow protectors and high quality waterproof mattress protectors and figured if things get stained, it is all part of the business.

3 Likes

Exactly, it’s part of business. Every theee months I buy new sheet set for every bedroom I rent out. On amazon.com 300 Ct cotton king size sheet set costs 30$. Including shipping. This is my ONLY expence that I can easily afford considering I make on average 1100$ a month per room.

1 Like

I just think wiping your bum is basic, BASIC human behaviour we learn from a very early age. And if we can’t figure out how to do it as grown adults in somebody else’s home, we need to deal with the consequences

Ok if you are fit. There are also times when passing gas is accompanied by a small amt of fluid that may not be felt. I do think some people are a little too sheltered from normal body functions. To even think of tossing sheets which had a bit of sh*t on them need to get out of hosting.

3 Likes

Louis CK did a hilarious – and of course unprintable – bit about this topic that I encountered binge-watching some of his old routines this week

1 Like

“My advice is - let it go.”

Apparently, the guest did! :joy:

7 Likes

Thanks for your advice but I’m not going to be giving up hosting. We all have our limits, shit is mine. I just may choose to handle it in a different way to you.

1 Like

I would lean more towards medical problem but yours are more interesting :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Whilst I appreciate your sentiments and I would probably try to wash them myself (unless they were getting on and from my cheaper collections) I’m glad so many hosts would piff them - makes me feel better about being an Airbnb guest this weekend. Also it’s a bit different for a host with only a cold wash, non commercial washer compared to a hotel washing service.

@GutHend (from a long way up the thread!)

My new word was “mysophobia” - something that many people today definitely suffer from!

1 Like

I don’t know… my twins are now 22 and my days of cleaning poopy sheets or pants is long in the past. I’d be furious if a guest left that kind of mess for me to deal with. And my review would show it.

1 Like

I am a woman and I know what period accidents look like. This was bright red blood streaked from the foot to the middle of the bed. So, someone shaved their legs, scagged them, and just went to bed without putting anything over the cuts. I know, as I have done it myself.

OMG! This thread is terrifying! And makes me soooooooo glad I have a wonderful cleaning lady who takes care of all this (literal) s***t! I don’t think I would be able to handle it. To be absolutely honest, I even hate going into the apartments after guests leave.
Which is why I pay her double what she asks and thank her profusely every time I speak to her!
And why I’m so happy to host remotely :wink:

3 Likes

As a nurse I know that any item in contact with humans is potentially contaminated, the only difference with brown stains is that they are visible, I’m more concerned about what you can’t see on pillowcases. Please wash your hands after handling used bedding, towels. Wearing gloves doesn’t protect that much, I always wash my hands after removing gloves. Finally, more diseases are transmitted fro surfaces such as door knobs and light switches.

7 Likes