Poopy washcloths

This is mostly venting, partly interested what my fellow hosts would want to know about in a review…

So I went in to get the laundry started after a couple had been in the cabin two days, I do not think they left at all during the entire time. So the first thing that hit me was the place smelled bad, I could not place the smell so I just went through and opened up all the windows and turned on the exhaust fans in kitchen and bath. Once in the bathroom I saw that they had not taken a shower, there were some hand towels and washcloths on the floor but the rolled up bath towels right where I had put them.

I tossed the sheets and the stuff from the bathroom in the wash and when I went to hang it out on the line I realized they had used my white washcloths to wash their nether regions. It was just gross. I threw them out I did not feel like scrubbing poop out of them considering they cost less than a dollar at Costco when I buy the 24 packs.

Otherwise good guests. They left a $20 tip so at least they paid for the washcloths. I cannot review them too honestly it would be mean.

2 Likes

Eeww.

I’d have thrown the washcloths too. I’m a fairly tolerant host but there are limits and :poop: is one of them.

I’d write something like ‘x & x were lovely guests who left the apartment in great condition and were quiet and respectful of the property. Sadly, they were not equally careful when it came to looking after the provided linens.’

Then give a lower star rating for cleanliness.

7 Likes

Maybe it was their way of saying you need a bidet. :wink:

You’d think they would’ve at least rinsed the washcloths thoroughly. I’d be embarrassed to leave a poop-stained washcloth for anyone else to find.

6 Likes

I think there are just some things that might be too personal to mention in a review and possibly might constitute a lack of delicacy on our part as hosts, as well… What about semen stains, for instance? I have yet to read a review where the host wrote about that. Have any of you written one? Towels and sheets, after all are considered part of our business. But , yes, yuck!

4 Likes

I would say a shower would be in order, they stayed 2 days…

RR

I have had a few washcloths and hand towels disappear, and I just figured they were gross and the guest was doing me a favor by not leaving it for me to deal with

RR

5 Likes

Yeah. I had a guest from Russia who was very obviously homophobic and took offense to my rainbow flag. He basically left a pile of cum rags and it seemed like some sort of attempt to establish dominance or something?

Wash clothes aren’t a big deal but the towels cost about 10x as much.

I threw out another white washcloth this week, I guess the makeup towel, embroidered with the word makeup was not obvious enough. What do these people do at home? Also I was setting up both cabins today and realize I am short some bath towels. I guess a Costco trip is in order next week.

RR

1 Like

I’ve never had a problem with them. Semen evidence yes, but never stains - it washes right out. And as I seem to be a favoured venue for affairs of the … um … heart, it happens often enough for me to wish that all my guests were post-menopause nuns. :rofl:

7 Likes

Sorry, but every time I read that I just think about:

Brits of a certain era will remember the “alleged” names of some of the characters…

JF

1 Like

That’s the one I’m always asking myself, sometimes while gagging at what’s been left.
Anyway.

“Our best guests are post-menopausal nuns who are not bitter. If you are a well-adjusted post-menopausal nun, please feel free to instant book.”

7 Likes

Maybe we should just go to all black wash cloths?

I spent way too much time watching this silly cartoon. Lol

The white ones are less than a dollar when you buy 24 at costco

2 Likes

That price is hard to beat!

They sell black washcloths on this website at less than 1 dollar each and they sell them by the dozen. I do not know if they are any good. (I bought some thru Amazon and they were 2 dollars each. Waiting for them to arrive and want to Wash them a few times and see if theY hold up and if the dye leaks ). If anyone else has Had any experience with this company or has a different tried and true cheap wash cloth please send a link. Never got around to getting a Costco card and still ordering on line .

This thread sort of shows why I wouldn’t want any colour washcloths other than white. If I was a guest and saw black or dark coloured washcloths how would I know that they were properly cleaned and that they don’t have :poop: stains?

4 Likes

I was just going to post the same comment. I also wouldn’t trust dark-colored towels.

1 Like

I agree with the exception of the black washcloths labeled MakeUp
If they get poop stains then idk what to say!

RR

Oh my goodness! Of course there are going to be stains, but you can not see them and neither can your guest! And you as a good host are going to was h them really well and they will not contaminate your guests. Those hosts who really worry can sniff them first.I will not be one of those hosts Hot water fixes most things. Lol.

1 Like

S**t washes off, but that does not mean I am keeping washcloths that were used as TP!

4 Likes