PayPal payments delayed!

@Ellen_Killoran, Sent you an e-mail.

BostonBean,
Do you think that the issue is with many cities trying to block Hosting, and huge amount of money is involved in litigations? Ueber has big issues, so it just may be Airbnb is in the same boat

@Violetta49, I think that itā€™s a problem w/ Airbnbā€™s interface with PayPalā€¦but who knowsā€¦

I donā€™t think so because it is worldwide.
Perhaps it is a bad communication between Airbnb servers with PayPal servers. But difficult to know the truth from the outside.

Iā€™m available to speak. Do you want to speak via phone or email?

Are hosts that have a bank transfer or wire transfer getting their money ok?

Hey guys - Iā€™ve finally been paid!!

But only after numberous phone calls / emails. It does indeed seem as though there is no management in place in their CS centre?!?

As someone else said, i suspect itā€™s some kind of elaborate plot to skim the interest on the millions they must be holding onto ā€¦ maybe just the cynic in meā€¦

The story I had off the last rep I spoke with after asking calmly ā€œso what exactly is the problem?ā€ was that they were having some new system put into place to process payouts and the change over has caused a delay. Well if thatā€™s the case then why not just send out a blanket message to all hosts explaining theyā€™re updating their systems and apologise in advance for any possible delays to paypal payouts? I would have been fine with that ā€¦

Itā€™s the not knowing that gets me anxious and the LIES that make me suspicious and question them as an organisation!

Hmm, maybe time to try out some of their competitorsā€¦

Has anyone used Homestay / flipkey or similar :-)?

3 Likes

ah good to hear that. Atleast they are paying :). I am a programmer and if they have a new update, sometimes things can go badlyā€¦ I know they had a problem back a few months when they pushed out the new site design and app. The site was unavailable for awhile.

Yes, they should have come out and said payments are delayed instead of making us hosts worry. We all have a mortgage, bills, commissions to payoutā€¦

1 Like

hei guys,
i experienced the same problem. I just realize today i didnt get the money due for 4 days after the check in , so i checked my paypal first and then call the customer care.
They told me it was a minor technical issue, and they didnā€™t know when the problem could be fixed.
So, i decided to check their facebook page, italian one since iā€™m an host from Italy, and found out that different hosts had the same problem. After stressing them out with couple of complaint messages, finally i got the money transferred on my paypal account.
Their lack of communication was really annoying and suspicious, they could send us an email telling us they were experiencing a problem. And also, it is very strange and un professional that after my public facebook complaints finally they paid me the money.
And what about the interests ??
Iā€™ve been in love with the air bnb service and customer care since today, I think we should start some collective complaint somehow. I read there is a reporter on this blog, i can give you informations on how they treated us on the italian customer care, i collected different experiences from few guests i know here in Italy.

Do you think is it possible they got hack?

1 Like

Hi Wing

are you experiencing a delay also? Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get paid soon ā€¦ Anyone else been paid yet??

Yes would be interesting to know if hosts using the bank transfer payout method are also experiencing problems - Iā€™ve quizzed host friends and a host relative who use this method and thereā€™s always about a 4 day delay in those payouts anyway so I guess they wouldnā€™t notice anything yet.

No, and now when I call I get dropped, so I am not able to contact Airbnb!

Yes you are so rightā€¦

Contact me dschwartzca@yahoo.com

I just switched my payout method to a checking account for further payouts. Still waiting for previous payments due through paypal.
A multi billion dollar company and inferior customer service.

2 Likes

@Kittyp Yes Iā€™m having the same problem. have not been paid for a booking on the Sept 13th.

I think they might be having money problems. They are unable to pay you thatā€™s why they keep giving you different excuses!

hard to believe they have money issues,they have little overhead.itā€™s primarily a website function.and it seems to be only paypal payouts that are the issue.will see.

Itā€™s clear to me, that this is a major and worldwide problem AirBnB are experiencing.
Since Iā€™m pretty sure they know about the problem and are probably working like crazy to fix it, I donā€™t think Iā€™ll bother getting in touch with them.
That said, it means Iā€™ll be holding off any upgrades and expenditures on the listng for the time being.
As a new host, was expecting to use the income to spruce up the place and raise the rates, but thatā€™ll have to wait until AirBnB get a grip on the payments situation!

I am also experiencing this issue. I was able to speak to a rep in their help center yesterday, but now when I try to call the Help Center it only rings once and then goes into a lonely, dark, ā€œwe have no answers for you peopleā€ silence lol

Same issue here with calling the Help Center, and I was able to get through with no problems yesterday.