PayPal payments delayed!

Emma, a question: how is your rating with Airbnb. Did you have any issues with complaining guest in the past, how long have you hosted?

BostonBean, how long have you been a Host? Did you have any issues, complaints from guest in the past?

@Violetta49 I’m a superhost and have never had any complaints from guests. This is an airbnb internal issue, not sure why they’re trying to blame it on paypal. They are about to loose a lot of business due to their lack of communication with hosts. I for one am not renting my place until I get paid.

@Violetta49, I’ve been a host since April. No issues or complaints from guests to date.

Shelby, I am so glad to see that you have status of SuperHost. I am not shore what is that I am going to do. I have an other guest arriving in a day for four nights. I have high electricity cost due to air conditioning and water use in California.
I wonder how many of us have been affected by this issue?

@Violetta49 I posted a complaint to the airbnb facebook page and twitter, I would start harassing them with complaints. Call in every day until you get paid. Tell them you want a form of compensation for your troubles. They are making millions in interest off delaying payment and it’s not fair.

1 Like

Shelby, thank you! I guess recruiting every day new Host is creating an atmosphere where Host are replaceable. Most of us need the extra income. Sad, sad…>

BostonBean, I am really surprised that you and Shelby had such good record are having this issue.
I am not Super Host and probably never will, but let’s first see how Airbnb is going to resolve this issue. I think Shelby has a good point about holding on to the funds…

Should notify a major news outlet or two…won’t look good for them if the news gets out to the public that they’re not paying hosts as per agreement and have made no effort to “REACH OUT” to the hosts to let them know what’s happening!

@BostonBean Agreed! You should reach out to the media, this is ridiculous and could put them out of business. I have a stranger staying in my apartment for free right now, how am i benefiting from this?

Hello everybody,

I’m in France, I use PayPal and I have the same problem.

Hi all-- I’m a reporter working on a story about this delay, is anyone available to speak?

1 Like

Just sent in something to ABC News…but not sure if it’s the the correct way to tell them about a story…

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Just stumbled onto this thread after chatting with Airbnb. Seems the same story. have not been paid since the 13th with Paypal. From Philippines.

There is a bug on Airbnb : a few minutes ago I had a look in my dashboard and saw that my expected revenue has disappeared. It is the second time I see this on Airbnb. Previously it has been solved by waiting a few days. But it is a bit confusing I must say.

@Ellen_Killoran, Who are you with and what do you want to know?

Are you and I able to communicate privately here?

@Ellen_Killoran yes,

@Ellen_Killoran, Oops…no, this is an open forum.

E killoran at g mail