New here, is there a UK forum?

I am new on here & I live in Devon UK

Hello Tillee and welcome to the forum. I call it, fondly, The Air Hostsā€™ University!

Hi Tillee. Welcome to the forum. Iā€™m just over the border in Cornwall. Letā€™s not confuse everyone here by having the jam/cream debate in publicā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

Hi
Iā€™m new to this forum too. Iā€™m a Geordie living in Devon having moved from London with family. The cream has to go on first :grin:

1 Like

Welcome, @Gillindevon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never mind the cream, what do you stuff in your Stottie Cake?

1 Like

Same here in Somersetā€¦:slight_smile:

OMG, stottie cake - I had it once in Newcastle and I couldnā€™t move for four hours afterwards!

Oh youā€™re making me homesick! Canā€™t buy it down here. But back up north Iā€™d eat it with pease pudding and bacon. Yummmm!!

1 Like

Am a new host in London (5 guests so far)

Iā€™m from the West Midlandsā€¦ warwick to be precise.

Down in Brighton. I had one of 3 Airbnb not to be booked during Pride :confused:

Pride Fort Lauderdale is in February next year. If anyone is looking for a great Airbnb for that time, just let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good ideaā€¦Perhaps I should start promoting it now! We had thousands of people sleeping on the beach, because the train station shut early ā€¦and still I didnā€™t get a call!

1 Like

Just joined as Homeshare host in Staffordshire. I left a forum on Fb (and Fb as well!) as the Forum was getting very unkind with comments, personal opinions not respected so am pleased to see there is a Forum here and look forward to constructive advice and comments.

A big welcome from S-E Kent, where Iā€™m also a homeshare host.

This is an international forum, with hosts of all shapes and sizes, mainly based in the USA. There are few of us from the UK so you are a welcome addition.

Sometimes called the University of Airbnb, this forum is a great place for constructive advice, problem solving, review writing etc etc. Have a good look through old posts to get an idea.

I totally understand leaving FB. Only very rarely does this sort of issue arrive here and the moderators are quick to deal with any abuse. That said, be prepared for some tough love, and sometimes very widely differing opinions or advice.

I have had substantial help from people here over three years. I hope you feel able to contribute too.

4 Likes

As a UK host I participate on a couple of UK FB sites. I have to say that Iā€™ve not found them at all unpleasant

London host here as of 2 weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Would anyone be able to link me to the best facebook groups to join?

Thanks!

Airbnb Hosts UK; Airbnb Hosts UK Chat Group

1 Like

Have you joined the London group @henryp0p?