My turn to get help writing a review

I love my digital locks. I feel for John, it sucks to have everything implode, but all those woes and driving with a suspended license would make me wary.

1 Like

Let me ask the OP: would you have him back?

If no, why? Put that in the review. I mean, I would not have accepted him in the first place, like I said. Local, and for a hook-up? Is she married? What am I? El cheapo love motel?

I’d say something “John booked me for one night stand with a girl whose last name he didn’t know. Through a series of unfortunate events, his stay involved a lot of drama and we helped what we could. Therefore I would not recommend him to anyone, unless he remedies the situation he is in.”

If motivated, this guest could just have that review removed for too much personal information and defamation. Also, I would never stay with a host who wrote a review about a guest with that kind of information in it. Do I look at host’s past reviews that they’ve written? You bet. And so do other guests.

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s my place to judge him about his financial problems or his relationships.

As other hosts said at the beginning of this thread, he didn’t break any rules. He was pleasant and clean.

Even though I had misgivings about him, I thought about it a lot, and I honestly couldn’t find any reason to give him less than a good review. And to say that we would host him again.

His behavior as a guest was fine. That’s the only arena in which I can judge him.

3 Likes

There are many people who think the sex lives of others are their business.

1 Like

Yes :grimacing:

It’s too bad all the energy spent on finding ways to discriminate isn’t spent on finding on ways to empathize or at least accept.

4 Likes

My thought ins the OP’s original ask was that although “ideal” in those senses, having someone with such drama and problems at their listing was a bit draining, mentally if nothing else. Very nuch as @adrienne12 and @casailinglady said after you. It made me think that s/he was considering something like:

John was a good guest – followed the rules and did everything right – clean, good communications, etc., even in the face of a lot of troubles/things going wrong/not going right for him/series of unfortunate events during his stay.

This would be enough for the astute host to decide whether to contact OP or not to inquire further and make a more informed decision. I would not consider @JJD’s review.

1 Like

Indicating busy would possibly lead me to an inquiry before accepting but if it says pleasant, not at all. I would still remove the pleasant (you can if he still hasn’t reviewed you yet) since all the disconcerting things that happened with/to him, he then actively spread to you to cause you even a second thought.

Although I agree with you @adrienne12 on your reasonings above, I do not agree with this review. Way inappropriate in my opinion. Now, MAYBE if the whole stay had gone sideways and he hadn’t been clean, communicative and followed house rules…

Or at least ignore…

So, what you’re saying is that normally you don’t care, but if you felt wronged, you say that in retaliation?

OK, I must have expressed myself wrong. I am not interested in my guests’ sex lives. I hosted many couples and I don’t care if they were married or not, straight or gay or whatever, but I don’t want my house to be a place of rendezvous, if you know what I mean. If I suspect something like this it’s a no from me. In general I ask people what brings them to the city and profession. If they are with the plus one, fine. But with locals you never know. I would have not accepted this guy period. You don’t know who they are and who that woman was. With locals she might as well be a hooker. especially that he didn’t know her last name. If he was a local why didn’t he invite her to his place, whatever that was. Why did he need an airbnb?

Too much drama for me. Don’t have time for something like that. And in my opinion it would be useful if you told fellow hosts there were a series of unfortunate events happening, even if apparently it was not his fault, although driving without a license pretty much is and so on. I personally wouldn’t want such a person stay at my house even if he behaved at your house. The potential that something will run amok is there and if it didn’t happen at your house it might happen in the future to someone else.

I didn’t offer a review. Maybe you’re thinking of someone else?

Unless you are referring to this, which is clearly a joke.

@RebeccaF already stated it was because he has roommates.

Definitely understand about your not wanting to host him. What I want to know, from you and from all the other hosts that wouldn’t want to, would you contact Host that left the review as she did, or would you even if she had left out Pleasant, or would you even ignore she said about unfortunate events. Basically, what kind of reviews from other hosts would you actually question in order to decline guests you don’t want?

“Clearly” it was not. I didn’t take it that way, but regardless of joke status, I was recommending not to say he was sketchy anyway…

One of the limitations of only typing instead of in person.

@Militaryhorsegal I think you might have just read it out of order and it got out of context. If you read my first response, I don’t think there’s anything to say about the guy other than regular good guest stuff. Mentioning his financial or romantic woes seems so absurd to me that I thought my sarcasm was clear ,)

1 Like

So was I. That was the point. Maybe you’re skimming too fast?

Read them in order and read everything. Sensed the sarcasm. Still recommended not putting that sketchy bit in.

Wasn’t skimming too fast. I meant to say it. We agree. I guess maybe my perceived mistake was in not stating @JJD’s sarcastic review.

This is so funny. I was not recommending any of that as a review. At all. Not any of it. I did not recommend a review whatsoever.

1 Like

Okay, I think I know now where we are missing each other. You saw it as a review but I didn’t see it as a review. It’s making me cringe that you called it at JJD’s review because it was never a review at all. I would never suggest someone write a review like that. That was exactly the point.

1 Like